luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't that is of much concern, tho maybe possible. Probably a bit more likely to have problems with functionality due to corruption within the progamming itself. JMHO
HH
Bill

Ascholten

Jul 28, 2007
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT
I do not know of any metal detectors that are user programmable via plugging into a computer. Most of them you have to push buttons on it's push pad to make inputs. Unless you busted it open and had an EEPROM or whatever perm memory burner, I doubt you'd be able to mess with it's programming much.

I could probably EMP your detector but that's not a virus, that's EM damage. Someone putting a virus into your detector w/o your knowledge is probably next to impossible.

Aaron

B

BIG61AL

I concurr. It next to impossible unles someone cracks open your detector and hoos some leads and start hacking your programing. Rest easy cuz it ain't gonna happen.

doozis

Jul 31, 2007
Virginia
Metal Detectors don't have hard drives ....and don't connect to
any other media source , so I don't see any possibility for a virus.

although sometimes they do act kinda ill ;D

Doozis

Ascholten

Jul 28, 2007
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT
oh careful now smitty, that tin foil hat, since the receiver is underneath you, instead of up in the sky in halyburtons satellite, the tin foil hat will amplify your brainwaves, send them down and it might intefere with your metal detector. If you wonder why all you are digging up is trash, that's because the detector is picking up your thoughts ;D :D ;)

Aarpm

Sapper23

Aug 22, 2007
FL
Detector(s) used
Explor II, seamk
I don't about MD virus, but my minelab Exp.2 keeps taking me to the topless girls
on the beach ;D

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
NO. The software may have bugs or design flaws but a virus is not something you need to worry about.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread