Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree433Likes

Thread: MANDATORY EVACUATION ORDER SC...Should we stay or should we go?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    "WP"

May 2012
    13679 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Kray Gelder View Post
    Yep. Precisely.
    Looters would see my junk ,and probably leave 20.00 out of pity...
    My valuables are portable and what isn't I can do without.
    Most stuff could use replaced anyways.

haulin a dozen dogs would not be without interest ,but they are more valuable to me than a couple tired appliances. They could bunk with me on a covered pile of guns just fine though on the cheap.

Time matters in buggin out. Wed. stampede is likely going to be busy. If enough fuel exists. Then there is where to go and what refugees are already there.
    My trail cams if still left would reveal if any of the few neighbors were hauling any junk out of my house, despite their having their own junk. Still ,my well being is worth more than "stuff".

A friend had a dozen or more guests in his Alabama vacation home from when they got hit and evacuated from Florida. He was not there and none of them looted it....No reports of any of them having been looted on their return home either. They were all healthy though.

us
    Jan 2017
    Arkansas
    151 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    well my being a female here is my take on the matter , You are the man of the house and responsible for your wife's, and children's safety if you have any. So if you insist on staying its your decision but send your wife to some place safe, only give her all the important papers, insurance policies, and burial policies so she can take care of your broken body if the roof falls on you while your sleeping, or a tree comes through the wall while your standing in two feet of water after just being bite by a snake and there's no one to call for help because they've all left. Sounds like a good time for a family vacation to me. Be safe ; Rebelsmom

us
    Jul 2008
    SC
    Minelab Sov- AT PRO - AT Max - Equinox 600
    673 times
    They have closed the schools here in Aiken County in preperation for evacuees . Kray if you come this way and need anything let me know and I will try to be of assistance. Good luck.

us
    Sep 2013
    Scituate, RI
    Garrett AT Pro
    5100 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    How exactly is evacuation mandatory?
    They won't force you to leave, but they won't risk any lives trying to save you if you run into trouble by staying behind...

Charter Member
    us
    R.T

Mar 2017
    East Coast
    Equinox 800 and Nokta Impact
    546 times
    Metal Detecting
    Hey Ya'll. Our Guvnuh, McMaster, has ordered a MANDATORY evacuation of ALL evacuation areas on or near the state coast. And must begin evacuation NO LATER than 11 AM tomorrow, Tuesday.

I am in Georgetown SC, and it looks like this hurricane is just going to brush us with 70+ mph winds or so. Envisioning this scenario, playing it out three or more days, with half of the state's population, seems like a fate worse than just being without power.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Good luck to you and yours. I am a little further north of you. Just about at ground zero. Swansboro NC to be exact. My wife wants to go but I have never left for one of these yet. Kinda too late now. All of my family is here and not leaving also. We are watching and praying for the best. Good luck and safe keeping to all other Tnet people on the east coast.

Charter Member
    us
    R.T

Mar 2017
    East Coast
    Equinox 800 and Nokta Impact
    546 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeBirdTim View Post
    Another concern I would have are looters. If you leave Tuesday morning, that gives someone WAY too much time to ransack your home. They could break in Tuesday night and take their time emptying it out. No hurry, since they know you won't be back until Friday, at the earliest. If you stay until Wednesday afternoon, that would reduce the chance of someone robbing you blind. It could still happen, but making yourself highly visible on Wednesday would encourage looters to check your house off the list. Why bother with your place, when all your neighbors have left their homes ripe for the picking?
    The only problem with waiting that long to leave is that all the roads will be jammed up with people waiting till the last minute and you might wind up stuck on an interstate with no place to go.

Charter Member
    us
    papa

Feb 2017
    Georgetown, SC
    Fisher F75
    2732 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by s.c.shooter View Post
    They have closed the schools here in Aiken County in preperation for evacuees . Kray if you come this way and need anything let me know and I will try to be of assistance. Good luck.
    A generous offer. At this point it appears we're out of the leave or die zone. Coastal North Carolina, not so much.
    Wrightdigger, buck8point and Kace like this.

Lying is now the norm. The truth is not only unwelcome, it is offensive.

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2013
    SW, VA - Bull Mountain
    CTX, Excal II, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
    14949 times
    Digging in the dirt & scooping in the water!
    I'm reading the news this morning and the storm is nearing Cat. 5

That equals mass destruction. I'm in the mountains in the path and I've read 10" of rain coming with it. It'll just wash out my bridge again.

Cousin Billy lives in a trailer in Southport. Talked to him a couple days ago and he said he wasn't leaving. Hopefully he's changed his mind now - good guy, don't want to lose him.

God's blessings and protection to all of you in harm's way.
    Republic of Vietnam 10/69 - 3/71, Cambodia April 27, 1970 on a mountain top with HUGE scorpions

"'He jests at scars who never felt a wound'" c.s.lewis - 1940

The Ten Commandments: http://www.godstenlaws.com/ten-comma.../#.UdAz65yynZg

The Bill of Rights: http://billofrightsinstitute.org/fou...ill-of-rights/

The Constitution: http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/cha...ranscript.html

Charter Member
    us
    papa

Feb 2017
    Georgetown, SC
    Fisher F75
    2732 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Coil-2-Soil View Post
    Good luck to you and yours. I am a little further north of you. Just about at ground zero. Swansboro NC to be exact. My wife wants to go but I have never left for one of these yet. Kinda too late now. All of my family is here and not leaving also. We are watching and praying for the best. Good luck and safe keeping to all other Tnet people on the east coast.
    You're in a bad spot! Winds are going to be ferocious if landfall is near you. Of course you know that. I wish you well.

Charter Member
    us
    papa

Feb 2017
    Georgetown, SC
    Fisher F75
    2732 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by DeepseekerADS View Post
    I'm reading the news this morning and the storm is nearing Cat. 5

That equals mass destruction. I'm in the mountains in the path and I've read 10" of rain coming with it. It'll just wash out my bridge again.

Cousin Billy lives in a trailer in Southport. Talked to him a couple days ago and he said he wasn't leaving. Hopefully he's changed his mind now - good guy, don't want to lose him.

God's blessings and protection to all of you in harm's way.
    A trailer? If I was him I'd leave. He's very close to the projected landfall. Aftermaths of storms like these are concrete pads where the trailers used to be. Best wishes to all affected by this storm. Good luck with your flooding, Deepseeker.

Charter Member
    us
    papa

Feb 2017
    Georgetown, SC
    Fisher F75
    2732 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebelsmom View Post
    well my being a female here is my take on the matter , You are the man of the house and responsible for your wife's, and children's safety if you have any. So if you insist on staying its your decision but send your wife to some place safe, only give her all the important papers, insurance policies, and burial policies so she can take care of your broken body if the roof falls on you while your sleeping, or a tree comes through the wall while your standing in two feet of water after just being bite by a snake and there's no one to call for help because they've all left. Sounds like a good time for a family vacation to me. Be safe ; Rebelsmom
    Thanks for your input, Rebelsmom. No children here, and I'm not forcing anyone to do anything. This is a cold calculation, most in this immediate area are at this point planning on staying. If we all decided to follow the Guvnuh's order, this neighborhood WOULD be looted, a certainty.

Charter Member
    us
    Sis

Jun 2017
    SW Ohio
    AT MAX, Delta 4000
    13573 times
    While I enjoy reading about all the treasures, my main interest is digging up the history of my farm
    May the Lord protect all who are in the path of this storm.

John 15:12-13

12 My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. 13 Greater love has no one than this: to lay down ones life for ones friends.

Walleyes for Wounded Heroes

The mission of Walleyes for Wounded Heroes, Inc., (WWH) is to honor and empower military service members, police, fire, and emergency medical responders through outdoor activities, programs, and services. We serve Heroes injured while serving in the line of duty for their community/country. www.walleyesforwoundedheroes.com

Sep 2014
    Midwest, North of 3660'
    2647 times
    Well, yeah. The mandatory thing kind of got me. The curfew is next. The guvmunt threw up a curfew last year during a storm. Everyone ignored it, police didn't try to enforce it.
    Neat.

Why don't gooberment just make getting killed by a hurricane a crime? Make it a capitol offense if need be. That'll learn us.
    Wrightdigger and Kray Gelder like this.
    Democracy as the core of government is generally favored by physically and mentally weak individuals who would rather identify themselves as a part of a group than as an individual and who are unwilling to compete in a free market because they see themseves incapable of succeeding in fair competition.

But, a group has no more God given Rights than any one individual. In God We Trust.

us
    Jul 2018
    Pearland, TX
    CTX 3030
    67 times
    I am a little south of Houston and have seen multiple hurricane hits. If you have everything prepared in case poop hits the fan you can survive it. I never evacuate for the hurricanes. But I have ways to run my house if we lose power. I have jacked up vehicles to drive in deep water enough food, gas, water to survive almost a month. A chainsaw in the house to cut out the roof of a second story home if needed then finally a boat is the last resort if we have to leave. But also must take in to account if you have small children or if any family members need medical help it will not be coming. It is a huge risk to stay and know you must handle any and all emergencies yourself. You must prep which has taken a long time for me and to see what works and what dont work. Ps fill all bath tubes with water before the storm it can be used as gray water and if needed drinking water.

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2013
    SW, VA - Bull Mountain
    CTX, Excal II, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
    14949 times
    Digging in the dirt & scooping in the water!
    I'm not worried here in the mountains, it'll just take my bridge out due to the heavy rains. It's a yearly thing up here.

Really concerned about the people on the coast though. I saw another report stating as much as 40" of rain. Looks like people on the coast have today and tomorrow to get the heck inland. Thursday will be too late.

Actually, if they wait until tomorrow which we might consider the last minute, they'll be sitting parked in their car on the highway in traffic.

My last real hurricane experience was Hazel in 1954. I was watching out a window and the wind took a door off an outbuilding and it sailed away up into the sky.
    Republic of Vietnam 10/69 - 3/71, Cambodia April 27, 1970 on a mountain top with HUGE scorpions

"'He jests at scars who never felt a wound'" c.s.lewis - 1940

The Ten Commandments: http://www.godstenlaws.com/ten-comma.../#.UdAz65yynZg

The Bill of Rights: http://billofrightsinstitute.org/fou...ill-of-rights/

The Constitution: http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/cha...ranscript.html

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links