MANDATORY EVACUATION ORDER SC...Should we stay or should we go?

Coil-2-Soil

Mar 21, 2017
East Coast
Detector(s) used
3030 and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The beaches here in swansboro and Emerald Isle are closed. I don’t even think the bridges have reopened yet and if the are you have to have proof of local residency and your town issued reentry pass to get back on. It keeps the looters and sight seers out and gives the first responders the chance the do their work.

Plus with ALL the cleanup I have waiting for me when this finally passes while sounding good detecting is not on my mind. I have water and debris in places I never thought I would see it. My road is still one big river and it’s still raining now. Sorry about my long rant but my area is going to be busy for a LONG time. Good luck to those that do get out there.

OP
OP
Kray Gelder

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry to hear you've got a mess from this storm. Yeah, gotta take care of business first. Good luck to you.

OP
OP
Kray Gelder

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This storm has thankfully lost it's wind. The center of circulation is only about twenty miles from us moving away. Winds are calm to 20 or so. Serious rain to begin in the afternoon, I think. I did a walk around this morning. A lot of tree litter, twigs, and small branches on the ground. No shingles missing. Zero damage.
The power stayed on. The best of all possible outcomes for us, sorry that SE NC took the hit.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread