Jul 3, 2018
Buffalo,MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett Propointer 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I currently hunt with an Garrett AT Max, and have found a ton of coins so far this summer, but only one silver.

Makes me wonder if another detector would be better at sniffing out silver than what I have.

Been using it only in coin mode as the other modes make so much noise I have trouble hearing the tones.

I see a lot of you have the Minelab Equinox 800, whats your opinion on it and would you recommend it?

Also I really need an easy to use detector,so if its too complicated(for me) to use I would probably pass on it.

Dan

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been using it only in coin mode as the other modes make so much noise I have trouble hearing the tones

I was disappointed with my AT Pro in the beginning because I was doing the same thing. You have to have it in pro zero mode with zero discrimination if you want to find the most coins and relics. It takes a lot of practice and the iron grunts can be annoying as heck, but it's worth it in the long run.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was disappointed with my AT Pro in the beginning because I was doing the same thing. You have to have it in pro zero mode with zero discrimination if you want to find the most coins and relics. It takes a lot of practice and the iron grunts can be annoying as heck, but it's worth it in the long run.

Each detector Ive purchased...I ended up using the old ones on a few hunts because I just didn't understand it. Once you actually understand what its saying, you will have no issues with it. I loved the ATP and found a ton of goodies with it.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 800 is a good mid priced machine. They designed it compete with the AT Pro and some other machines. I think it would probably be a lateral move, if the silver isn't there, you won't find it. I'll dig 25 wheat for every 1 silver, just seems to be how it is.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread