There is light at the end of the tunnel, finally!

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
We have been working hard the last six days, sorting trash from the good stuff, burning crap and hauling my father's good "stuff" up to his new house. Yesterday I also did a lot of vacuuming as well, the dust bunnies were thick and ran everywhere with air movement. Today was the last three loads of stuff out of the house and I concentrated on cleaning (both vacuuming and trash.)

Last night I killed three brown recluses while cleaning the cabinets, o idea how many so far. So this evening, finally at 6:44, we set off 7 bombs on the 1st floor and 7 upstairs as well the left. Tomorrow begins with airing out the house and then the major clean begins. Friday is an all day thing at Little Rock VA Hospital and then hopefully some moving of our things will begin. This has been a very trying thing with the hoarding problem but now the house will be ours. We won't talk about the two car garage or the two shops, they will be sometime after the new year begins LOL. I ain't ever moving again!

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have my sympathies. I despise moving and even once everything has been moved I take a month before I start to hang the pictures on the wall.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I'm glad y'all can at least see some daylight in this move.:coffee2:

dokc

Oct 24, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not fun! I had an aunt and uncle that were hoarders and I mean the kind that only had paths through the house. The clean up after they died was heartbreaking. They did have some nice things at one time, old pump organ brought to Oklahoma on a horse and buggy with all the paper scrolls for music, Avon bottles and boxes from her time selling back in the 70's, all the old pictures of family but the mice had gotten to everything and the moisture from just the air over the years had rotted things. At the end we just had to use shovels and throw it all in a dumpster. The repairs to the walls and floors cost more than the house was worth but the land value was enough to cover it. Her poor kid ended up with nothing but heart ache.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread