Would you try to locate this?

Lovebottles

Sep 19, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was going through the history of my dad's town and came across this. Not sure if it's worth finding or even trying. What would you do?
Screenshot_20180922-142530.jpg
Screenshot_20180922-142600.jpg
Screenshot_20180922-142630.jpg

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I would go just for the adventure! Good Luck! :icon_thumleft:

travis.gore.79

Sep 6, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Carrollton is right on the river now. I just looked at Google Earth. No real areas to search. The city is pretty built up.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Actually, the main stem of the Ohio River has moved significantly since 1780 and it is possible that it is still where hidden but buried by time, flood debris and silt.

OP
OP
Lovebottles

Lovebottles

Sep 19, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I've found the general that they would have hidden the goods at mostly field. As for the river when in elementary school they told us it took an old road from the 1800s. The problem with hunting the town is everything is protected by the historical society. I've had owners tell me they wouldn't mind but the locations are protected.

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I've found the general that they would have hidden the goods at mostly field. As for the river when in elementary school they told us it took an old road from the 1800s. The problem with hunting the town is everything is protected by the historical society. I've had owners tell me they wouldn't mind but the locations are protected.

If it's an interest. Keep plugging at it! I'm sure historical societies all different. But sometimes...You can convince them, and they do have the say. My Dad is president of a historical society in an Ohio city. And even then, the Historical society is separate from the city as far as rules on the properties depending on who actually owns a piece of property. And...If you keep talking to them, maybe volunteer here or there....They may eventually allow you to hunt a few places. That depends on a lot of things but could still be a possibility for you. Now, if it's state or federal owned? It may be out of the question.

Don't give them all the details of your information!!! Or one of the members will be searching off of your work if you've discovered new info. Don't post details on forums. Someone will run with your work.

That's just a generic post, I'm just the type that thinks.."if there is a will, there is a way" and still be legal on something like this. Get creative! Start making Friends!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread