Bluegrass Diggin

Tenderfoot
Sep 24, 2018
Crestwood, KY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/ Garrett Carrot/Lesche
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey everyone I was thinking recently and I always hear others talk about finding that elusive relic or coin and checking it off the list. It made me think do any of you have or know of an actual checklist of coins or relics that you use?

I just thought it would be really cool especially for someone like me who is still very new to the hobby to have a checklist to keep track of finds as I progress. Also it would give me goals of finding certain items and coins that may be very elusive and make the hunt for those items that much more thrilling. It's just a thought I had and I figured I would see if anyone else does or knows of something similar. Thanks all!

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to T-Net from Northern Virginia :skullflag: I don't maintain an actual list, there would be to many things on it!

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bluegrass, I don't know of any specific checklists, as your geographic location would dictate what's in the ground around you. You could concentrate on CW relics, old buckles, belt and box plates etc. Gold is high on people's lists, gold coin/gold rings. Silver heavily populates lists also, silver rings, silver coins such as Roosevelt, Mercury, Barber, Seated, Capped Bust etc. Silver halves and Silver dollars are high on the lists too. Old coppers such as wheat cents, Indians, Large Cents, Flying Eagle, Draped Bust etc. And with these coins, there are key dates, like the 1877 Indian Head cent, 1916d Mercury dime etc there are plenty more. The more you hang around here, you'll get an idea of what's commonly found, rare items and the Holy Grails of finds. Check out the "Best of Treasure Net" forum, research rare silver and copper coins and you'll have a good start on your list. Good luck! Ddf.

OP
OP
B

Bluegrass Diggin

Tenderfoot
Sep 24, 2018
Crestwood, KY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/ Garrett Carrot/Lesche
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bluegrass, I don't know of any specific checklists, as your geographic location would dictate what's in the ground around you. You could concentrate on CW relics, old buckles, belt and box plates etc. Gold is high on people's lists, gold coin/gold rings. Silver heavily populates lists also, silver rings, silver coins such as Roosevelt, Mercury, Barber, Seated, Capped Bust etc. Silver halves and Silver dollars are high on the lists too. Old coppers such as wheat cents, Indians, Large Cents, Flying Eagle, Draped Bust etc. And with these coins, there are key dates, like the 1877 Indian Head cent, 1916d Mercury dime etc there are plenty more. The more you hang around here, you'll get an idea of what's commonly found, rare items and the Holy Grails of finds. Check out the "Best of Treasure Net" forum, research rare silver and copper coins and you'll have a good start on your list. Good luck! Ddf.

Thanks for the information! I have found a list of US Coins that is pretty thorough so that will be a great help. I'm sure I'll learn more and more and become more familiar with the rare items and the most prized as time goes on.

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Item 1: Stuff
Item 2: Things