FBI removes 7 to 9 tons of Civil War Gold from Dents Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/civil-...lenge-fbi-over-dig-in-dents-run-pennsylvania/

"We were embarrassed," Dennis Parada told The Associated Press in his first interview since the well-publicized dig last winter. "They walk us in, and they make us look like dummies. Like we messed up."

The Paradas showed agents how their sophisticated metal detector lit up like crazy when aimed at the spot where they believed the gold was hidden. Within a month, they said, the FBI had hired an outside firm to conduct an underground scan using a device called a gravimeter. The scan identified a large metallic mass with the density of gold, according to the Paradas and Warren Getler, an author and journalist who's been working with them.

Turned up zip, huh?

Oh well. At least you tried.

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are multiple threads on this, no need to post it all over again here.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/treasure-legends-pennsylvania/37022-dents-run-treasure-10.html
Actually what exists is 5 years of bits of information that are difficult to piece together.

I remember a photo taken inside a cave was presented which purported to show a skeleton holding some leather wrapped tool/weapon with coins laying nearby. Am I confusing this with a different treasure search? I can’t be the only one confused.

I don’t think I have ever read any explanation as to why the FBI was involved, not any info related to court proceedings resulting in an ordered/authorized dig.

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
"That something, they believe, was gold." They believe, that's it? Circumstantial evidence perhaps supports the belief but still, nothing. In my best Taggart (Slim Pickens) voice, I am depressed. I was hoping to eat crow when I noticed the extremely misleading title to this thread.

Who knows, perhaps the article will inspire a 20/20 investigation. I'm willing to bet that this will certainly get the attention of the FBI!

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still no explanation on how 26-52 bars turned into 7-9 tons?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who is next? Implying or calling a member a liar will earn a timeout, threatening member will earn even longer time out.

If members can't post by our rules they may find you can't post at all.

Not giving anymore warnings either!

Last edited:

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
Who is next? Implying or calling a member a liar will earn a timeout, threatening member will earn even longer time out.

If members can't post by our rules they may find you can't post at all.

Not giving anymore warnings either!

Respectfully asking, isn't the title of the thread a lie? The title is simply encouraging folks to break the rules.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Title is fine.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1320 please drop it, title of thread is fine.

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2016
South Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If all else fails, I’m sure there is a pay day coming your way from the Discovery Channel or History Channel.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Especially if you can work in aliens or Bigfoot.

Jimi_X

Greenie
Nov 2, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Those who fail to learn from history are condemned to repeat it."

It is too bad that the Paradas, who are the treasure hunters, did not pay attention to the experiences of the Noss family at Victorio Peak.

The Noss experience should have provided reasonable people with a template of action regarding treasure finds and attempting to involve the government.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
with all the fBI stuff going on did anybody expect anything else I dont trust em

galenrog

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2006
The Fox News article is simply a rewrite of the AP article.

Time for more coffee.

OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Clearfield Pa. and Nova Scotia, Canada
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m a little confused.
I thought there was a claim that a DNR employee snuck in and afterwards the signal indicating treasure was no longer detectable. This being prior to the FBI dig?
I’m also confused about the dig location. Is it under a fire pit or inside a cave or both?

How about linking to or posting the court documents? They should be public records.

Everything you said it right on. I can not talk about what DCNR did YET. The camp fire is above the cave, the gold was on the right side back in the cave. The silver was on the left side back farther in the cave. What we think is a Indian Skeleton is on the left side.

OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
According to the article (per FBI), there was no gold found. Until that is actually proven it's all conjecture. I wish you luck in your future court battles. I hope you prevail. It's the FBI you're dealing with though. One of the most corrupt law enforcement agencies around. They've lied and screwed you from the get go so...
dontknow.gif

If the FBI says there is a on going investigation , THEY CAN SAY ANYTHING THEY WANT. and nothing was found is just the wording they used. They never told us that NO GOLD was found but they never said it was found either. Its a play of words. If they say to us no gold was found then later if we prove them wrong , we got them lying. So they never gave us a answer if they did or not.

OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK, need some back story; why was FBI even involved in this?
DCNR would not let anyone dig at this site , unless we sign paper work giving up our rights to any thing found :BangHead:. So for 5yrs this site was on hold, we would not sign anything. Then we called the FBI , they could do the dig if we gave them all of our info but this had to be Union Gold .They had no info on this story and they needed what I had on it to prove it was Union Gold. When they saw what info I had they did everything to track it down. The story every one thought was FAKE was Real. The story I have is from one of the Pinkerton agents that lived in Benezette in 1870's. I know everything about Conners, everything. He was real. But I will not give out his first name yet.

TomNWMI

Feb 5, 2006
NWMI
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Musketeer, Tek G2, Omega and a Fisher ID Edge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If the FBI says there is a on going investigation , THEY CAN SAY ANYTHING THEY WANT. and nothing was found is just the wording they used. They never told us that NO GOLD was found but they never said it was found either. Its a play of words. If they say to us no gold was found then later if we prove them wrong , we got them lying. So they never gave us a answer if they did or not.

Devils cut?

OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't see what really matters here as once you called the government in they might as well be the ones that found it. If you was part of the dig I still don't see any proof of treasure, you have no pictures of all that gold?
O Not so fast on saying we have no pictures of what was taken from the site. We have a lot of pictures that we will show after we hear back from the FBI. Hay I am trying to get this in Federal Court , I have more than enough to prove my case. WE HAVE PICTURES :occasion14:

We just started the paper work on DCNR, this alone is another story that we want in Federal Court to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread