OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Clearfield Pa. and Nova Scotia, Canada
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Tuesday 13th , The FBI dug all night when we were gone. That's when the gold was moved. When we came back on Wed 14th morning most of it was gone. At the end of the day on Wed they let us go up to the dig site and there was a big empty hole. They were to let us on site when they were to finish the dig on Wed morning but we never saw them dig that day. We sit in our car for 6 hrs each day, and not allowed to talk to anyone. DCNR also had to sit in their trucks 6hrs and were not allowed to be on site Wed until 3pm when all of us went up hill thinking the rest of the hole would be dug up.
:dontknow:

[SUB][/SUB]

Last edited by a moderator:

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 nokta impact Equinox 800
Tuesday 13th , The FBI dug all night when we were gone. That's when the gold was moved. When we came back on Wed 14th morning most of it was gone. At the end of the day on Wed they let us go up to the dig site and there was a big empty hole. They were to let us on site when they were to finish the dig on Wed morning but we never saw them dig that day. We sit in our car for 6 hrs each day, and not allowed to talk to anyone. DCNR also had to sit in their trucks 6hrs and were not allowed to be on site Wed until 3pm when all of us went up hill thinking the rest of the hole would be dug up.
:dontknow:

[/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT]
[/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT]

Why didn't you stay? I would of had a lawyer present, and stayed the whole time until they left with multiple cameras and witnesses. I would of hired a PI to watch the spot 24/7 for 3 months at the very least and, before any of this, I would of had a legal binding document.

Riverbum

Jul 13, 2011
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello FinderKeeper,
The very last thing I would want to do is get political about any of this.....but considering the atmosphere in D.C. right now and the FBI This might sound crazy but I'd write of all people ,TRUMP. Relay your story to him about these guys, from what I'm hearing. Not sure if any results could come from it but who knows???

Bama Billy

Apr 2, 2018
Central Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another thread and more drama and rules. At least nobody said a naughty word though.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
If that much gold is being dealt with,kiss it goodbye.Especially nowadays.If it isn't corrupt so-called law enforcement it's corrupt politician that will pocket it.Gold?what gold?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Singlestack next time it is timeout.

mr cheeze

Oct 9, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

listen, finders keepers. couple things. as soon as you werent allowed at dig, why werent you home, change clothes, hike around to the back side and just watch? hike and hide anywhere, and watch? hunt them, like they were quarry. second, why didnt you just go dig it. im not suprised that someone went and dug, wouldnt you? just one bar is life changing. if you want to continue to succeed, i suggest letting your skin "thicken" so to speak. work the system, obviously its not going to work. heres what i think happen. you spent a lifetime gathering this info, you finally narrow it down to a spot, and you just LET IT BE TAKEN FROM RIGHT UNDER YOUR FEET. seriously, not surveilling the dig, not digging yourself after the fact. even telling anyone in the first place? soon as you got the hit on probably gold, only 10 feet down. 2 days with 2-3 guys and its out. please, learn from your mistakes. this is one of the most intriguing stories ive ever read, ive fished, hunted, drank, andeverything else you can do in those mountains. emporium, benezette, st marys, and its one heck of a possibility. but after the way yens handled it, it will NEVER be set right. wish i was wrong. good luck, and, you should be in camo digging, RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If this was a court ordered excavation and there were suspected skeletal remains, surely there must have been a stipulation that a local tribal representative be present whenever excavation was occurring?
After all, if there actually is a Native American buried in that cave, the purported treasure could belong to an Indian nation and not the federal gov...no? Perhaps you might have an ally there.

Additionally, 7 tons of gold would be pretty easy to hit with a bore hole if a person had it pinpointed with several different types of detectors.

I would think that would be the first course of action prior to taking on an excavation located over the top of a cave that is partially collapsed?
How deep was this excavation when they were done?

Last edited:

gemee

Jul 31, 2004
California
Interesting story, but very disappointing to me as lots of speculation of things and would like to hear of some concrete proof or evidence. I would love to see a story of lost gold such as this turn out to be true, regardless of who finds it, but I'm honestly just as skeptical as I've always been. Hopefully though you will find out more information going the legal route and any info not released you can have it legally disclosed.
How can there be "concrete proof" when this excavation was guarded like Fort Knox. Oh hell yes they found it,...but their stance is that this "is the property of the US government". End of story.

gemee

Jul 31, 2004
California
Like Roswell,..

there will be some events that there will NEVER be an answer to. Never! This is one of them.

OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still no explanation on how 26-52 bars turned into 7-9 tons?

For years I posted 52 bars of gold or 2 1/2 tons and 7 1/2 tons of silver , This is what I told the FBI. The FBI hired Enviroscan from Philadelphia to scan the site again for a Federal Judge to allow a dig. Enviroscan was on site for 5hrs doing the scan. They told the FBI there was 7 tons to 9 tons of gold at this site and they located 2 more spots of metal I missed. It was because of this report that the FBI came in and dug 3 days later. The FBI said they were going to dig at the 2 spots were Enviroscan located metal because they had PHD's and their metal was only 3' to 4' down under. So on day 1 they spent 6 hrs digging while we set in our car. At 2pm they let us on site for 1 1/2 hr while they started our dig but stopped at 3pm saying its time to go for the night. I said we have 3hrs of day light left and we are 3' short of the gold. They said the dig would finish Wed morning so we left. Then we found out they started up the excavator at 7:30pm and worked all night . We have people saying they saw the FBI loading up 6 black SUV's with something the Gattor 6 wheeler Quads brought from the top of the dig site. The road was shut down while each black SUV backed up to get loaded. When the 6 SUV's got loaded they left and returned later and got loaded again. By Wed 8 am that's when all of the armored trucks started moving in and the last one came in at 6pm.
if nothing was found why bring in 3 armored trucks, Hummers, military, choppers, 45 black SUV's and shut down the road into Dents Run. All of this happened after they dug all night :BangHead:

Last edited:

Philvis

Mar 24, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
FK, are y'all fighting for the truth or potential gold? Reason I ask is because if it was a federal payroll, wouldnt it belong to the Feds? Or did you get an agreement. If you've already stated this, could you please condense it again...I just dont have the wherewithal to go through dozens of pages! Thanks.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Then we called the FBI , they could do the dig if we gave them all of our info but this had to be Union Gold .They had no info on this story and they needed what I had on it to prove it was Union Gold.

If there was gold, and it was Union gold, it belongs to the US Government.

If there was gold, and it was Confederate gold, it is either stolen US gold (see above) or war reparations (also see above). The US never recognized the Confederate States as a separate government so they never had sovereignty as a "foreign" power over lost property.

But you should have received a "finder's fee" for locating it. Bums.

Squirrel322

Silver Member
Jul 4, 2016
Central MI
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Equinox 800, Go-Find 66, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought the AP had the whole story and was waiting to break it? Now we have a story prompted by litigation? Is the AP posting stories about a legal dispute they already have the answers to?

OZARKS

Banned
Sep 16, 2013
USA
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, AT PRO, Fisher F44,F2, F5, E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lesson learned? Don't tell fbi or anyone else when you find something like that. But, since the OP did... the gold belonged to the Government all along so I struggle to wrap my head around why the OP thinks he's entitled to it?

If no one SAW the ACTUAL GOLD then everything after that is mere speculation, so why say FBI TOOK something that you aren't even positive existed? If you DID see it, why didn't you snap a picture on your phone, before letting anyone else know?

IT's not illegal to share a photo of something you found on the internet, yet we haven't seen one pic of ACTUAL GOLD.... a great treasure story, but I suspect that's all it is, a story.... even if fbi did recover the gold, none of us are entitled to any of it anyway...so what's the big deal?

OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
listen, finders keepers. couple things. as soon as you werent allowed at dig, why werent you home, change clothes, hike around to the back side and just watch? hike and hide anywhere, and watch? hunt them, like they were quarry. second, why didnt you just go dig it. im not suprised that someone went and dug, wouldnt you? just one bar is life changing. if you want to continue to succeed, i suggest letting your skin "thicken" so to speak. work the system, obviously its not going to work. heres what i think happen. you spent a lifetime gathering this info, you finally narrow it down to a spot, and you just LET IT BE TAKEN FROM RIGHT UNDER YOUR FEET. seriously, not surveilling the dig, not digging yourself after the fact. even telling anyone in the first place? soon as you got the hit on probably gold, only 10 feet down. 2 days with 2-3 guys and its out. please, learn from your mistakes. this is one of the most intriguing stories ive ever read, ive fished, hunted, drank, andeverything else you can do in those mountains. emporium, benezette, st marys, and its one heck of a possibility. but after the way yens handled it, it will NEVER be set right. wish i was wrong. good luck, and, you should be in camo digging, RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!
Hay we spent 13 yrs at this site, we tried everything to get the state to dig it up. The FBI had armed guards all over this mountain. NO way would anyone try to get a past them. Get real. BUT Yes we did return at night and saw many people not on DCNR land taking pictures with night vision cams. Ya , Dig it up and run. How long do you think it would take for someone to hunt me down. I would sleep at night with a Finders Fee . No way could I deal with $360 million in gold under my bed or close by. Ya melt it down, NO WAY. sell it , to who. Who could you trust. No we did this our way . This dig was just to find out how the state ( DCNR ) and the FBI do things. We have many other sites worth digging and the gov. will never know were they are unless they pay us a Finders Fee. We tried working with the gov on sites all over the USA but that will never happen NOW. We will WIN. This is headed to Federal Court.

OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought the AP had the whole story and was waiting to break it? Now we have a story prompted by litigation? Is the AP posting stories about a legal dispute they already have the answers to?
There is a lot more to this story, The FBI is doing a investigation on some thing we told them about. We can not talk about what this is. WE are filing paper work to get info from DCNR and the FBI. This story is headed to Federal Court. We have the proof we need to win. :occasion14:

OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lesson learned? Don't tell fbi or anyone else when you find something like that. But, since the OP did... the gold belonged to the Government all along so I struggle to wrap my head around why the OP thinks he's entitled to it?

If no one SAW the ACTUAL GOLD then everything after that is mere speculation, so why say FBI TOOK something that you aren't even positive existed? If you DID see it, why didn't you snap a picture on your phone, before letting anyone else know?

IT's not illegal to share a photo of something you found on the internet, yet we haven't seen one pic of ACTUAL GOLD.... a great treasure story, but I suspect that's all it is, a story.... even if fbi did recover the gold, none of us are entitled to any of it anyway...so what's the big deal?
We have pictures , a lot of pictures. Do we want to show the FBI what we have on this site.
:BangHead:
When the time is right we will show it all
:occasion14:

OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FK, are y'all fighting for the truth or potential gold? Reason I ask is because if it was a federal payroll, wouldnt it belong to the Feds? Or did you get an agreement. If you've already stated this, could you please condense it again...I just dont have the wherewithal to go through dozens of pages! Thanks.

We had a deal on Finders Fee with the FBI from day one. Our attorney even talked to K.T. Newton at the U.S. Dep. of Justice Office way before the dig happen. I will not talk about what the deal was ,YET. But if the FBI does not say how much they took , we can not file a finders fee. This why we are pissed and need info on how much they took. The FBI never told us or our lawyer if they found gold. When we asked them did you find gold , YES or NO , they never answered back. We and our lawyer asked them many times , Yet the FBI and Newton never gave us a Yes or No answer. Its a legal thing on what they tell us and we can use it in court but no answer says it all. If nothing was found then why a investigation for what reason. The FBI said this investigation is still on going , 7 months later. They asked us to stay quiet until they finished it, Ya how much longer. Senator Pat Tommey said they can take years to investigate , its a stull used many times to avoid the real answer.

Last edited:
OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
armck 1.jpg This is the kind of armored truck the local people said was on site. Hay , one just like this set at Valley Farms Market in Weedsville Pa, just on the road to Dents Run for 5hrs . Many FBI SUV's stopped at this site to talk to them from 12noon to 5 pm Wed 14th. Ya we have a lot more we will post soon. auck 2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions