Dummy Club

UnEarthed72

Jun 29, 2007
THE EMPIRE STATE
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,Whites prism2
I'll admit it...the first two days i ever detected i unknowingly strapped on my boots and went out..after i figured it out on the second day i was thinking about it and was laughing at myself.

i felt like a squirrel with short term memory tryin to remember where he buried that nut....so that qualifies me as a member of the dummy club

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains
Ouch AA, that really sucks. I don't have any steel toe boots to make the mistake with thankfully. But I think we have all had a dummy moment or 2 in our lifetimes.

If we didn't then I don't really think we lived.

Postalrevnant

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
Nothing like a friend and myself driving 300 miles to a hunt site we like out in the desert for 4 days of hunting. When we got there we relized neither of us had packed the detectors. We had all of our equipment, food and water and no detectors. We left them sitting next to the door in his garage.

Desertfox

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rebelLT said:
Almost as bad as me, forgeting to swith my sunray probe back to the target (coil) setting. The probe, now mounted on the side of the detector, kept reading the change in my pocket when I would swing. I couldt seem to pinpoint that d#@$@ quarter signal. This would be funny if I didnt do it at least once a hunt.

:D Been there , Done that :D

Every once in awhile the wire will unscrew from the control
box by itself also, & I'll be walking around with a nice clean
smooth signal for 5 minutes or so, before I realize.
Then I need to Rework the Whole area :P

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
I did it on purpose. I posted the story somewhere here a while back. I went to help a guy find a burried cashe of gold coins on his property and his friend/son-in-law was there. He took my shovel away from me and started digging every signal, he was rough and I was afraid if we did find anything it would be damaged. Well I started getting "signals" every where. I would scoot my foot up close and then swing close to my toe. After an hour and a half of digging "ghost" signals the owner looked at me and told me he didn't think I knew how to use my detector. We had dug some coins and stuff but nothing to valuable. Well I waited until Mr. Digger got busy on a hole and showed the owner what I was doing. He laughed so hard he almost wet himself. Not to long after that the digging guy finally figured it out and he didn't laugh. Oh well some people have no sense of humor. :)

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'll admit...I'm a steel tip boot, wedding band kinda guy.

I now keep my work boots in the trunk of my car....but the wedding band....still forget it now and then.

Might have to give up the wife for sanity.

Al

rcawdorswife

Aug 26, 2007
I take off all my rings before I go hunting. Did that once at the beach rechecking the sand and couldn't find a darn thing yet I was getting a signal. Only took about 5 minutes before I realized. LOL

RCW

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was digging some pretty deep signals the other day and I would take a handful of dirt and wave it over my coil and get a signal. But when I sifted through the dirt .....nothing.This happened over and over again and I was ready to throw my ACE 250 across the park! Then I realized I still had my watch on! The ACE found my watch every time! M :-[ nty

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow this is getting to be a big club i better get more chairs for the next meeting

johnnycat

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2007
Mechanicsville, VA
Detector(s) used
Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I first started metal detecting I decided to hit some old foundations I had found while quail hunting. I found my first coin a 1900 Indian head penny. I sat down to admire it and drink some water . After awhile I decided to go show it to my brother. Jumped in my truck and drove back to town. You guessed it...I left my detector sitting there! Wait it gets better. I left my brothers garage went home took a shower and left to play in a basketball game. Next day while eating lunch at work, I remembered!!!! Drove like a demon...it was still there. True story!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread