Dummy Club

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Come one come all and join the Dummy Club.I use to laugh at members making the mistake of metal detecting in steel toe boots.I mean how dumb can you be? Getting all those great signals right in front of you :D Well i cant laugh at others any more because i did it today. :-\ The bad part is it took me a while to realise what was going on.Dont be shy sign up for the club and help new metal detectors from making the same mistake.(This has been a public announcement) aa the dummy :D

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
hahahaha lmao ! i have done this also, i knew it but for some reason it didnt hit me for awhile, just where was all those good signals disappearing to ? then it hit me , jeeeesh work boots still on !

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey MG where you been?? signed dummy :D

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AA..I don't have any steel toed boots..but I gotta admit...I hunted for about half an hour with the darn metal detector powered off..I was wondering...Geeeezz..this is one clean field....LOL

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
SC_hunter said:
AA..I don't have any steel toed boots..but I gotta admit...I hunted for about half an hour with the darn metal detector powered off..I was wondering...Geeeezz..this is one clean field....LOL

LOL....I have done that ...usually when I am in a hurry ,then realize.....what a dope......usually have to wave the digger in front of the machine before I truely realize its not on!

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SC i think everyone has done that a time or two :D aa

rebelLT

Feb 26, 2007
SE Kansas
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE PRO, XLT, Teknetics Omega
Almost as bad as me, forgeting to swith my sunray probe back to the target (coil) setting. The probe, now mounted on the side of the detector, kept reading the change in my pocket when I would swing. I couldt seem to pinpoint that d#@$@ quarter signal. This would be funny if I didnt do it at least once a hunt.

mtntrekr2

Jul 15, 2007
berks county, pa.
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II 1000, Xterra-70 x3, Garret ace 250,
I cannot see the problem everyone has with wearing steel toe
shoes. I wear them everywhere even my dress shoes are steel
toed. Being work gives us so much a year for shoes. If you do not
turn in the receipt you loose the money. I even have steel toe
sneakers, These are what I usually wear when I go out detecting.
Actually I usually swing the machine over them every now and
them just to make sure it is working. So unless you are swinging
right under your feet or your steps are that big. I cannot see the
problem.

Joe

kindafoundabuckle

Dec 9, 2006
In bed at the moment
Detector(s) used
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have titanium rods in both femurs and when I get down on my knees to recover a deep target that was not in the plug it drives my machine crazy! Yeah I wish I could leave them at home! I know better to be that close to the hole with the machine but I still do it every time! I hope this qualifies me for the dummy club!

KFB

artemis moon

Jun 1, 2007
Near Bangor, Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My worst metal detecting blunder happened a few weeks ago. I dug something that I thought was a piece of junk, threw it in the trunk of my car and forgot about it until I saw the exact same thing on someone else's post and immediately recognized it. It was a Civil War saddle rosette. By the time I figured that out, the darn thing was nowhere to be found and I'm still kicking myself over it.

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Artemis that is a sad story in my book.Tear apart your trunk it might still be there.aa

detectordave

Apr 6, 2005
Ann Arbor Meechigan
Detector(s) used
DFX WITH DX-1 PROBE AND XLT WITH XL-1 PROBE
I have used my sunray probe on a handfull of dirt, forgetting my wedding ring is under my glove. Funny, every handfull of dirt I pick up has a quarter hiding in it somewhere. Im not proud...Hh dave.

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wedding ring,comes of in summer,back in winter..............got a signal,where's it at?$@#&^*...oh on my finger

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok i was not going to admit this but i drove to my favorite spot and looked in my back seat, no metal detector >:( aa

re-tek

Jul 15, 2007
miami fl
Detector(s) used
coinstrike, tigershark, ace250, OLD radioshack
i go brain dead in the heat of the hunt sometimes and forget to do the pipe check, you know.. follow that great signal a few inches in several directions to make sure its NOT a pipe.. i dig a pipe every soo often. even dug the same pipe in two different places a few times!

mountainplayer

Oct 10, 2006
Way Northern California
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 & Minelab EX2
I love this thread. Here's mine....

I've got a favorite, go-to park that I hit often. I've found quite a few pieces of jewelry there, including two gold rings. On my Ace 250, they hit right around a nickel, and so far, have been totally repeatible in any direction.

One morning, I got there really early. I was hunting on a grassy slope and got that magic, sooooo steady nickle signal. Now the last trip, when I found the second gold ring, I actually CALLED it as a gold ring. So needless to say, this particular day I was feeling cocky. I put the machine down, grabbed my digger, and started cutting the plug. Then the sprinklers turned on and drenched me all along my right side. I cut out of there (the machine was fine) and waited in the car for 35 minutes for them to turn off. Went back, finished cutting the plug, and out popped..........a 2002 nickle.

MP

tenbears

Mar 20, 2007
Detector(s) used
BH sharpshooter II,ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well ya might as well sign me up, I've been known to take the old batteries out and forget to put the new in after driving an hour to my spot! :-[

coin finder

Jan 5, 2007
Detector(s) used
Beach Hunter ID 300
Hi all Don't feel bad I went out to detect went for a Long Long walk and I was not geting any Hit ! .guess what I forgot to do, you guess what I dig, (I For Got TO PUT MY DETECTOR ON !!!! :-\ :-\ :-\coin Finder..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread