Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I have been getting into wild mushroom hunting lately and wanted to share some photos of some stuff I have found. my two most prized finds this year were a whole bundle of chanterelles and a giant Chaga. Third place goes to a giant spring chicken found in spring.

20180923_140329_resized.jpg 20180923_142714_resized.jpg 20181009_124435_resized.jpg 20180614_165104_resized.jpg 20180903_162749_resized_1.jpg

OP
OP
Tpmetal

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
here is one that is a relative to the inspiration of alice and wonderland... Don't eat this guy unless you want to get very sick and hallucinate something terrible. 20181009_124038_resized.jpg

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice! I love wild Mushrooms!

Kace

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
I used to hunt but would only eat a few kinds. Too easy to mistake in the button stage.
My favorite was Sparassis radicata. No common name. The size of a cauliflower.
One fall though I brought on home and was cutting it in slices when dozens of centipedes ran out
all over my kitchen. Stomp...stomp...

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That basket of chanterelles looks wonderful! One year in Kentucky, sometime around 2004, I was doing forestry research and chanterelles were everywhere... yellow, orange, red. It was amazing.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

OP
OP
Tpmetal

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to hunt but would only eat a few kinds. Too easy to mistake in the button stage.
My favorite was Sparassis radicata. No common name. The size of a cauliflower.
One fall though I brought on home and was cutting it in slices when dozens of centipedes ran out
all over my kitchen. Stomp...stomp...

yeah you gotta be careful, Theres types I won't touch because of the difficulty in identifying vs the toxic counterpart.

OP
OP
Tpmetal

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That basket of chanterelles looks wonderful! One year in Kentucky, sometime around 2004, I was doing forestry research and chanterelles were everywhere... yellow, orange, red. It was amazing.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

It was hard to not find them this year. Anywhere there was young beech they were there. I could have picked 10 times what I did. Also this year was my first time having them, absolutely delicious.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Isnt that what they call chicken something lol

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
So I have been getting into wild mushroom hunting lately and wanted to share some photos of some stuff I have found. my two most prized finds this year were a whole bundle of chanterelles and a giant Chaga. Third place goes to a giant spring chicken found in spring.

View attachment 1642491 View attachment 1642492 View attachment 1642493 View attachment 1642494 View attachment 1642495

Very nice... Went on a hunt today with nothing to find but a "new?" one for me. (My own land, first time in 17 years seeing these..and tons of them):dontknow:

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/what/591105-mushroom-i-d.html

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Place I detected in the woods the other day was loaded with about 12 different kinds of mushrooms - it is a haven for mushroom hunters - there were 2 old ladies looking when I arrived - people been hunting them there for last 40 yrs
I know most of them are bad ones but I guess there are some real good ones there or they would not always be in there
I saw all kinds, shapes and sizes and colors - if I go back - will try and get some pics

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Used to gather a few Shaggy Manes in Washington while deer hunting. Great camp food. I believe a rule of thumb is don't eat anything with gills, like that small white one you posted. I have never eaten Chanterelles before, I hear they're good.

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other

That mushroom was used and is still today to transcend the mind. Of the family include the most poisonous to one that's considered a delicacy to this one that is considered sacred to some. Another common color for the aminita is red and orange red to buff like the picture.
The poisonous aminitas make me wonder, will people eat anything?
I know in survival training the rule was to eat a real tiny bit and wait a few hours etc. With some things a tiny bit would be a bit too much.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread