How do you track your finds? I use a database file I downloaded here about 4 yrs ago

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
You know, one of the goals of membership to TreasureNet is in sharing.

4 years ago, or so, a member here posted that he tracked his finds with a database file suited for any database manipulator, and offered it up.

I haven't seen it since, but have been using it since he offered it up. It is GREAT! Know exactly where I'm at. I retire each by year, so I'm up to date year by year. Of course I modify it to suit my needs. Locations, hours spent, finds - it's beyond my needs period. But I can open up each year and see where I went, hours spent, and finds with each hunt. Gives me pleasure in the off hours.

No spam here, period. I'll share it with anyone who wants it. I'll try to see if I can post it with this thread so you won't have to PM me for it. I tried one time and couldn't. So, I'll now try again :)

It wouldn't upload, so I'll send it by individual PM with e-mail addy. Danged.

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Tried again to upload in a PM here, just won't do it.

This is NOT a scam period. Just giving back just like we oughta do as members here. Check my 5 year history here, never been banned or punished for anything.

moreb

Nov 15, 2017
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
F75
Minelab Sovereign GT
Troy Shadow X5
Fisher 1266X
Garrett Freedom 2
Garrett Deepseeker ADS ll
Garrett Deepseeker TR/VLF
D-Tex RS 200
Garrett Groundhog TR/VLF
A.H. Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Maybe one of the admin folks could help. I would like to see it. Been using a spiral pocket notebooks for 40 years. Ink and pencil are starting to fade and the pages are becoming brittle.

Keith

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember when that came out Deep! It was/is the real deal. Wonder if it is maintained any longer? I saw it on at least one other forum.

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I remember when that came out Deep! It was/is the real deal. Wonder if it is maintained any longer? I saw it on at least one other forum.

I've never seen it again Ron! I have no idea of the original source, or if it was ever enhanced.

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
TreasureNet really is about the safety of members here. I've been exploring ways to upload it and blocked at every turn. Database files do contain viruses more often than desired. I use 5 levels of security to protect myself:

Zone Alarm Security
Avast Free Anti-Virus
SUPER AntiSpyware Free Edition
Avast Secure Browser
CCleaner

All FREE!

Each updated frequently automatically - though sometimes I do go in and do a manual download to make sure.

In the 80's I used to collect viruses from BBS's just for the case where I wanted to pay someone back. I was a hacker then, not now though - grew very bored of it, and security evolved to be much better. Got popped one time from a West Coast hardware vendor in the early 90's - ordered two $1000 hard drives and received one. I e-mailed my complaint, they e-mailed me back and assassinated me with a virus, took out my hard drive. Of course I had back-ups (probably 6 different drives right now if they all still work) "I'm not paranoid...."

So, I did and sent them one back :headbang:

They're no longer in business - by that name anyway.

But, TNet's first priority is to protect its' members. I'm very very thankful of that. Good site here and it becomes a passion quickly.

Unless there is some way for the Admin to create a special download space for members on a singular thread - maybe if just for Charter Members? I'll keep checking.

Last edited:
OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I contacted Admin.....

For additional PC protection info, two years ago I lost the boot sector on my main hard drive, thus with all my data I'd been remiss in backing up. I got back on-line with my laptop and went searching for free software to restore a boot sector. Found one named "Recuva", and it worked. I use that drive now at an external in a docking station, the drive won't boot but all my original files are still there.

https://www.ccleaner.com/recuva

Hope this helps someone out there.

travis.gore.79

Sep 6, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tried again to upload in a PM here, just won't do it.

This is NOT a scam period. Just giving back just like we oughta do as members here. Check my 5 year history here, never been banned or punished for anything.

Thanks for the email [emoji106]

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had that from years ago I down loaded

Top Member Reactions