Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The weather has been just right, so I called my friend and told him I could make it down this week to hunt for his friend's lost ring. He's been trying to get me to look for it all summer. The site was a concrete truck yard, like a blast furnace during the heat.

Anyway, went on the hour and a half trip, searched an area about 50 X 50, it was sworn the ring came off the guy's wet hands while he was shaking them off. The area was almost square, the front third was crushed slag work / parking area. Then overgrown grass, knee high weeds, and vines, interspersed with large pines.

I managed to tweak adjustments for the hot gravel in all metal, and went to work. A rough, but thorough grid search, three times, and no ring. It is a stainless HS Grad ring. The friend wanting me to find it brought along his near identical stainless ring, so I could get a number on it 21-21-21 all day.

I dug everything above 10 on the F-75, unless it was obviously a can or large piece of something. After three hours I called it quits. I told him I had done all I could do, maybe he lost it elsewhere.

My conclusion is there was no ring to find. It would have been right on top, undisturbed.

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
How many people knew throughout the summer?....someone probably found it if it was worth anything...just guessing

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job for trying!!!!!!

Obsessive

Apr 16, 2017
NW Portland, OR
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/MI-6 w/ HF/XF/LF
Tesoro Cibola / Land and Sea pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good on you for trying. Seeing all that gravel, should have had him dig the targets. lol.

holepuncher

Oct 5, 2014
Amboy Wa.
Detector(s) used
AT Pro. Equinox.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My guess a truck tire picked it up and let it go somewhere down the road.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions