Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: The best machine made is...

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Mar 2007
    Salinas, CA
    Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
    8720 times
    Banner Finds (4)
    Another factor to consider, is that the more-hard-core hunters tend to gravitate to certain machines. It doesn't necessarily mean the individual FINDS themselves are attributed to *just* the certain machine. But rather: The hunter.

Because I'll bet that if you studied the individual signals of the banner finds themselves, that you'd have the guys admitting that perhaps it wasn't a deep or difficult signal. Ie.: a radio shack machine could have found them . So I'll bet that most of our trophy finds were a function of WHERE the person was hunting (and their patience and research level, etc...). Not a function of un-masking, or depth, etc...
    Metal detecting is my one worldy vice!

RTR
    us
    Roger

Nov 2017
    Smith Mt. Lake Va.
    Teknetics Liberator Falcon MD-20
    7091 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    The best machine is..........The one that buys me a private island in the Carib
    Truth1253 and smokeythecat like this.

us
    Sep 2011
    Denver, Colorado
    Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro
    1767 times
    Hopefully it will be able to pay your ongoing taxes, too })
    Truth1253 likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    I'm a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it” ― Thomas Jefferson

Apr 2016
    Abita Springs....Born in New Orleans
    EQUINOX 800
    15270 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by pulltabfelix View Post
    I have been seriously considering owning the XP Deus. I figure if Calabash uses both the 800 and Deus there must be a real good reason he still uses the Deus. I would like to use both the 800 and Deus in relic hunting and seeing which I like the best. Despite all the good reports and videos on a particular type of detector, you never know until you use one side by side with your current one. Now just have to figure out where to get the $$$ since I don't at this time wish to sell my 800 and not a minor problem, but how to hide the Deus from my wife.

I also wonder if the learning curve on the Deus is a steep as the learning curve for the 800 was for me, which was pretty steep indeed.
    I知 exactly EXACTLY in your shoes! Lol same thoughts same situation. But I will have one and I値l admit calabash makes me wont one more. All I知 saying is sometime next year. I didn稚 want to buy one to soon anyway due to want to master the 800 first learning to different detectors come of the AT Max and F75 first things first. But having a 800 and Deus I壇 say all bases covered.

Charter Member
    us
    I'm a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it” ― Thomas Jefferson

Apr 2016
    EQUINOX 800
    15270 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_in_CA View Post
    Another factor to consider, is that the more-hard-core hunters tend to gravitate to certain machines. It doesn't necessarily mean the individual FINDS themselves are attributed to *just* the certain machine. But rather: The hunter.

Because I'll bet that if you studied the individual signals of the banner finds themselves, that you'd have the guys admitting that perhaps it wasn't a deep or difficult signal. Ie.: a radio shack machine could have found them . So I'll bet that most of our trophy finds were a function of WHERE the person was hunting (and their patience and research level, etc...). Not a function of un-masking, or depth, etc...
    I agree but my 800 does smoke my Bounty Hunter I had. But yes location location location. Because t down here hurricane and storm bring in fill so our good stuff left can big deeper than usual in so places.

Charter Member
    us

Apr 2016
    EQUINOX 800
    15270 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeythecat View Post
    There is basically no learning curve on the Deus. I didn't bother trying to tweak it. I run Deus Fast, so the signal will speed down to the coil and back, giving a lightning recovery time. I used the HF elliptical coil, and factory presets, Dig anything over a "45" on the meter. Don't skip cannon balls however. I mainly dig fields and woods looking for relics. Beach is also easy, You can use beach mode or Deus fast.
    I知 get one next year no matter what. I have put a lot of hours on the 800 so I知 satisfied wear in at, so that being said everyone should have 2 detectors anyway right? Lol
    smokeythecat likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    XP Deus, Tesoro Cibola
    13836 times
    Banner Finds (6)
    Tom_In_Ca, like I said, it's probably the machine you own now. That's the best one. Two things are of utmost importance while digging. After the two obvious considerations, go slow and don't run through the field and just dig it!, the two most important tips are 1) make sure the machine is on, but seriously 1) there have to be targets there to begin with and 2) miss it by an inch, miss it by a mile.

I hear a lot of talk about mastering machines. In all truth, right Truth?, I'm not sure I have ever mastered any machine. I don't have that brain math thing to tweak a machine, so do not rely on the machine to tell me if it is a good target or not most of the time. If it's non ferrous, I dig it and on old sites I dig a lot of iron deliberately. Now at the beach I can tell the pull tabs and bottle caps from other stuff, but most of my beaches are not aluminum and bottle cap heavy.

us
    Mar 2010
    Southwest Georgia
    White's DFX
    4752 times
    I have always used White's detectors until I had an accident and could no longer swing my DFX for any length of time. I bit the bullet and ordered an XP Deus and haven't used the DFX since. I mostly use the pitch program and another Deus user sent me a modified pitch program to install so I use it 99% of the time. On a few occasions I have used the deep program when I am in a trash free area.
    I ordered the Deus with the 9" coil (this was before the HF coils came out) but it arrived with the 11" one. I called the shipper and he said that mine was the second one shipped with the wrong coil. He offered to send me a 9" and I could return the 11 or I could keep the 11 and he would sell me the 9 at cost which was less than half the retail. So I have both coils and am looking at one of the HF coils. I would also like to have the pinpointer if anyone needs to know what to get me for Christmas!
    smokeythecat likes this.
    My wife does all the driving, I just hold the steering wheel.

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    XP Deus, Tesoro Cibola
    13836 times
    Banner Finds (6)
    Truth1253, I also still have two detectors. The backup is a Tesoro Cibola, that's the beast that whooped a Civil War camp good and found the 1774 Gold Guinea on the beach. It's surprisingly good in salt water.

Fyrfytter1, I'll have to try another program soon. Those colonial house sites are full of iron, so maybe not this weekend.

Charter Member
    us
    Classic car lover

Jul 2017
    some where in the great state of Texas
    Teknectics eurotek pro bounty hunter time ranger bounty hunter quick draw 2 used a teroso compadre. Carry a 22 cal. six-shooter.
    11415 times
    hunting,bottle digging,coin roll hunting,shooting,Metal Detecting, swimming,
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Truth1253 View Post
    I’m get one next year no matter what. I have put a lot of hours on the 800 so I’m satisfied wear in at, so that being said everyone should have 2 detectors anyway right? Lol
    i have three you got to have a back up for the back up

us
    Sep 2018
    Rhode Island
    Deus & Nox
    113 times
    I have both the Nox 800 and XP. Great combo right there. If you want to see any comparisons let me know and ill put it up on my ch. both are awesome machine but i really do have a blast swinging the Deus.
    iffy signals - youtube

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    XP Deus, Tesoro Cibola
    13836 times
    Banner Finds (6)
    Since so many new banners

#21 At Pro

#22 Fisher F75

#23 White's MXT that was the double eagle, not sure which machine got it

#24 AT Pro

#25 AT Pro

#26 Whites MXT

#27 XP Deus

Enjoy diggings this weekend. Getting cold soon. My lawn is only frozen down 1 inch.
    Last edited by smokeythecat; Dec 09, 2018 at 08:40 AM.
    gold boy likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links