The best machine made is... - Page 3
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree112Likes

Thread: The best machine made is...

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    XP Deus, Tesoro Cibola, Full sized shovel and a backhoe
    26058 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (8)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    I have a friend that has the Excal II and absolutely loves it.

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    26058 times
    Banner Finds (8)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    #31 Not sure, too many machines listed, rattlesnake button

#32 Equinox 800 or Makro Racer (mold)

#33 AT Pro Confederate buckle

#34 Xterra 705 Gold coin

#35 XP Deus and a big shovel

That's it for now. Quick, somebody go dig something magnificent!'

Again, this just reflects what machines found the banners. Nothing more.
    A2coins likes this.

Dec 2012
    MXT-PRO Sandshark
    13326 times
    Metal Detecting
    My fav is the 57 vette

Best probably a ferrari
    smokeythecat and A2coins like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    26058 times
    Banner Finds (8)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Those Ferrari's don't really go very deep and they stink in iron.
    Peyton Manning and A2coins like this.

Mar 2007
    Salinas, CA
    Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
    10065 times
    Banner Finds (4)
    cat-smokey, interesting thread. But there's other factors to take into account : The fact that XP Deus shows up a lot on the list, could simply be that a lot of hard-core relic guys have those, for awesome east coast site hunting. Thus, go figure, if you swing it enough over prime ground, and dig enough beeps, they'll of course eventually have chart-topper show & tells. But I'll bet that if you flooded those same fields with Ace 250's, a lot of those same targets would probably have been found. Because it might just be a function of "location location location".

When I attended the GNRS, I noticed very few Whites, Fishers, or Garrets. There was predominantly Minelabs (of various shades/stripes) and the XP Deus. And when/if you DID bump into someone swinging an MXT or Ace or whatever, they tended to be more in the beginner caliber. Most of the hardcore guys you'd talk to (who had scores of LCs and CW finds in their home collections) tended to be swinging the Minelabs and Deus.

Thus it could just be a question of demographics. If someone is more advanced/experienced, and if that caliber hunter tends to use only 1 of 4 or 5 different types of machines, then go figure: They'll show up on the banner list a lot. So it could just be a reflection of A) the user, and B) the sites. And not the machine itself so much.
    Davers likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Travis Mitchell

Feb 2016
    Elizabethtown, IN
    XP Deus ORX, MX5, V3i, Equinox, Tesoro Vaq, F22
    637 times
    #1 Washing (It's my personal favorite machine - Cost about the same as the Deus and my wife & kids know how to operate it!)

Mar 2016
    3157 times
    Then there are people that keep the banner finds to themselves.
    You never know what they are swinging. I have found numerous...what I’d consider “banner worthy” finds. They were found with 3 different brands/detectors, only one on the list so far. I expect there are far more “Banner Finds”’that never get shared than what you end up seeing.

It is interesting. Smokey, thanks for taking the time to put that list together.
    Last edited by IMAUDIGGER; Feb 20, 2019 at 08:56 PM.
    3cylbill and Davers like this.
    All treasures found with permission on private property or on active mining claims.

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    26058 times
    Banner Finds (8)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Plus lots of folks who detect don't have any idea this website exists. So...it's just a list, not an indictment, or promotion for any machine. Just a list for comparison purposes. I just bought a less expensive machine in order to go to one specific site that needs that specific configuration to go after deep minie balls. There is no one size fits all machine. Just a list.
    Davers and RustyGold like this.

us
    It is what it is, until it "Is" what it is.

Aug 2013
    169 times
    Smokey, nice thread, just to add some general information, I like how you added every machine. This also brings to mind a needed profile up date as to what machines I continue to use as apposed to what I have used.
    Fun Thread!
    Stay Gold!
    Opie

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    26058 times
    Banner Finds (8)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    I need to add my new Tesoro to the list. But it's not here yet. Maybe tomorrow. Sucker goes very deep and almost as light weight as a Deus.
    Davers likes this.

us
    ARC

Aug 2014
    Bahia Del Espiritu Santo - "The Bay of the Holy Spirit” - La Florida
    JW 8X V.2 - ML X2 - VP 580
    51646 times
    Narrow by gold finds please.

:P

Have permission... Fill holes... Dispose of trash. - The Random Chat Thread - http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/ev...en-24-7-a.html

Charter Member
    us
    I'm a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it” ― Thomas Jefferson

Apr 2016
    Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
    EQUINOX 800
    23917 times
    Metal Detecting
    The best machine made is the one at the end of my arm.
    Davers likes this.

us
    Old Tom Cat.

Jan 2013
    N.of , I-285...GA
    Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
    6441 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cactusman View Post
    That's an impressive list of great machines.

I would say it's impossible to name one single best machine, as many metal detectors are like tools; some are very specialized... I wouldn't want to take my Fisher Gold Bug II and try to detect in the ocean surf!

So my vote for the best machine is the one that you know well and use often.
    BINGO!!!!
    "The one you know best " , This is why my ATP is still in the box after 14 months.
    As I am finding , In life we begin having the Blissful happiness & the Wonder & innocence of a Child, then fall Quickly, then spend the rest of our lives trying to reach that point where we began ,through Pleasure , Fame, & Materials but Only 'Through true faith in Jesus , can we find Prefect Happiness or true Meaning in our Short lives on this Beautiful Earth filled with both the Light of Pure goodness & The Darkness of Pure Evil. D.

That Said, I judge No Man.
    Davers

us
    Old Tom Cat.

Jan 2013
    N.of , I-285...GA
    Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
    6441 times
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeythecat View Post
    I need to add my new Tesoro to the list. But it's not here yet. Maybe tomorrow. Sucker goes very deep and almost as light weight as a Deus.
    What model did you get ? If you don't mind.
    As I am finding , In life we begin having the Blissful happiness & the Wonder & innocence of a Child, then fall Quickly, then spend the rest of our lives trying to reach that point where we began ,through Pleasure , Fame, & Materials but Only 'Through true faith in Jesus , can we find Prefect Happiness or true Meaning in our Short lives on this Beautiful Earth filled with both the Light of Pure goodness & The Darkness of Pure Evil. D.

Davers

us
    Old Tom Cat.

Jan 2013
    N.of , I-285...GA
    6441 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_in_CA View Post
    cat-smokey, interesting thread. But there's other factors to take into account : The fact that XP Deus shows up a lot on the list, could simply be that a lot of hard-core relic guys have those, for awesome east coast site hunting. Thus, go figure, if you swing it enough over prime ground, and dig enough beeps, they'll of course eventually have chart-topper show & tells. But I'll bet that if you flooded those same fields with Ace 250's, a lot of those same targets would probably have been found. Because it might just be a function of "location location location".

When I attended the GNRS, I noticed very few Whites, Fishers, or Garrets. There was predominantly Minelabs (of various shades/stripes) and the XP Deus. And when/if you DID bump into someone swinging an MXT or Ace or whatever, they tended to be more in the beginner caliber. Most of the hardcore guys you'd talk to (who had scores of LCs and CW finds in their home collections) tended to be swinging the Minelabs and Deus.

Thus it could just be a question of demographics. If someone is more advanced/experienced, and if that caliber hunter tends to use only 1 of 4 or 5 different types of machines, then go figure: They'll show up on the banner list a lot. So it could just be a reflection of A) the user, and B) the sites. And not the machine itself so much.
    Word up Tom!

Also if I recall correct , a few years back the ATP was finding a-lot of Banners & great relics.

Davers

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links