Bear Hunt

Nov 1, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wanted to throw this out there to see if anyone had interest. A year ago I was prospecting a river in a (closely located) foreign country. I found a significant alluvial deposit within a remote region of the country. The population is very poor and impoverished. I have been contemplating the best options for this discovery. I know the culture and politics of the country very well and fully understand that sharing this information would result in corruption and injustice. However, I think this situation is an opportunity. The locals could greatly use clean sand for building materials and some revenue could be used to help support additional humanitarian efforts. Does anyone have any interest in this subject?

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep your mouth shut. As negative as it sounds it will turn into a mess very quickly. The locals wont be happy with sand if they know there's gold. You'll most likely be putting your life in danger .

chub

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep your mouth shut. As negative as it sounds it will turn into a mess very quickly. The locals wont be happy with sand if they know there's gold. You'll most likely be putting your life in danger . Do-gooders and goldmining dont really mix. Greed brings out the worst in people.

chub

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Grab what you can and beat feet

Last edited:

pulltabfelix

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2018
North Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Currently have CTX3030 and Vanquish 440.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
do you think your life is worth it? The scum will find out and that will be the end of you and your find. I know many very good old, old parks in south, southeast and southwest Atlanta. But the minute they see a white guy with a detector the can grab after mugging or killing the owner (me) they will and sell it at a local pawn shop for some drug money. You simply cannot outfox the local criminal elements unless you go in with a company from the 82nd Army Airborne Division.

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
I would say to repeat your own post out loud, listen to what your saying and then go from there.

Good luck,

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions