Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dont see that much but sorry it happened not something I see alot

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry. Not familiar with your posts. It's a big site with lots of active threads.

So whatzup? You've been here a month and you didn't get a participation award? Keep trying.

Why is this the case? I thought this site was going to be somewhere where we can all work together in figuring things out?

Not every rock is a map to "Jesuit Treasure" or a fossil. Sometimes the correct answer is "It's just a rock". That is figured out.

Bama Billy

Apr 2, 2018
Central Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I haven’t seen any of that. If it’s about rocks, that’s why I haven’t seen it.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I just wanted to put this out there - that I have had nothing but negative responses to each of my posts so far on this forum. It gets rather annoying to see that rather than helping - people criticize.

Why is this the case? I thought this site was going to be somewhere where we can all work together in figuring things out?
Sorry this has happened to you. If I haven’t taken the time to welcome you to the forum my apologies.
I belong to several treasure forums and have 300 to 500 posts and don’t post on them as much as I do here on TreasureNet. My main reason for that is I have found many good people here who do communicate without judgement on you personally but will be all over an equipment issue.
Some members are very erudite and helpful and some like to joke on every post. Some are artists and musicians, some are hardcore diggers while others may be great history researchers.
As one can tell, we run the gamut of experiences, in our work and our hobbies. Some of us are better with their communication skills while others would just rather hunt than talk or type.
Give the folks at TreasureNet another chance at answering your questions and try not to be so hard on people with the tone of their post.
I hope that this has helped in a positive way. Welcome to the forum and best of luck!
Rusty

Bama Billy

Apr 2, 2018
Central Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I haven’t seen any of that. If it’s about rocks, that’s why I haven’t seen it.

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I just wanted to put this out there - that I have had nothing but negative responses to each of my posts so far on this forum. It gets rather annoying to see that rather than helping - people criticize.

Really sorry that you are having this experience, most of us here are courtious and try to be helpfull, only a few “trolls” as it seems to be the case in life.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been posting here for eleven years and it is a great site populated with experienced and for the most part polite posters. But I do know there is a fair amount of skepticism when new folks join with tales of treasure or treasure maps. And for a few years after a certain treasure hunting tv program there were those new to the hobby who came speaking of “juice” and “nectar” that got joshed a bit but moderators are great at making sure people are treated respectfully. Stick around and I am sure you will change your opinion.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I looked at your posts and see that they have to do with maps,Not everyone on Treasurenet looks at the same subject matter you are looking at or talking about So lumping everyone on Treasurenet into the group that responds to your posts isn't fair to those of us that have never even looked at the maps forum.

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
Most of your stuff seems to be KGC related. Have you looked at that forum? Have you read the thousands of back-and-forth's on that forum? Do you know how many people have been either banned or put on "time-out" in that forum? It seems to be a rather touchy place to be. (Although I personally LOVE reading it...:tongue3:) Sorry for your experience so far. Good luck on here!!! I have enjoyed this site off and on for many years!!!

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ah. KGC would not be a sub-forum I would ever bother looking at. I'm clear.

If you find something natural or man-made you have trouble identifying or want help coin-shooting - I'm your blueberry.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a big tnet welcome to me!!!!!!

Holyground

May 17, 2014
Not in the can
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT GOLD, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WHAT!? Well, I am outraged! That usually only happens to people that are full of CRAP!

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you have been looking here for a while you will realise that most of us are a little leery about freshly joined new members discussing/ offering 'treasure' ventures. We get them here from everywhere. Nigeria, Philippines, Greece etc. All of them seem to have a similar theme. Alot of one post wonders, sometimes 2 or 3 posts.Best if you build a little credibility first with at least a few months membership and a number of quality posts.
In my opinion you perhaps should have started by asking questions about your map (as pictured in one of your posts). Build a rapport backed up with some demonstration of your research skills .
Barging in and throwing a wobbly because someone didnt send you the release fee for the Nigerean prince on day one wont get you very far. The biggest secret to treasure hunting is patience.
The folks here tend to have quite alot of it ( Except for Geoff Gordon :laughing7: )

Chub

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can understand your frustration. Please don't take your opinion from just one of the forums on here. Most only check out certain things and it is a fast moving yet relaxing site to me. True frustration is checking out the political forum when you become a charter member.....:laughing7: Stay with us and Good Luck

Doubter in MD

Bronze Member
Jan 18, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I read most of your post history and a lot of the responses. I saw nothing out of line. Lighten up. Get your panties unbunched and have fun!

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have only made like 14 posts, and most of them were you telling people how right you are and how much research you do.

I didn't see much negativity in responses to you legend claims. People have different opinions, nothing to be over sensitive about

OP
OP
Dardariel

Dardariel

Oct 27, 2018
Canyon, TX
Detector(s) used
White's TreasurePro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Roger that folks. I will refrain from speaking on them then and just enjoy the chaos. :) No harm no foul.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

If you really want to feel beat down, become a Charter Member, and get involved in the political forum.
(Provided you have ethics and morals, otherwise you will be welcomed with open arms)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread