Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree19Likes
  • 7 Post By aa battery
  • 3 Post By Terry Soloman
  • 5 Post By Mackaydon
  • 1 Post By pulltabfelix
  • 1 Post By Mackaydon
  • 2 Post By pulltabfelix

Thread: American Legion donation

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Oct 2006
    2570 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (2)

American Legion donation

I donated 2 of my Hammer Field finds that were just sitting around. WW1 flare gun and a head of a bomb. I was at the bar and got thirsty but not a member. Told the guy my father was in the Marines and he said i could join. Beer here i come.
    Oddjob, SD51, A2coins and 4 others like this.

Charter Member
    us
    TerrysKnifeStore.com

May 2010
    White Plains, New York
    Minelab GPZ 7000; Equinox 600 -- Teknetics EuroTek PRO -- Grave Digger Tools Nemesis shovel, Sidekick hand digger -- Bunk's Hermit Pick
    22384 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Charter Member
    us
    Scotland, Aye !!

Oct 2004
    N. San Diego area (Pic of my two best 'finds'; son and grandson)
    Minelab Explorer
    11930 times
    Research and History
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Coincidentally, today I received a package from my 93 year old father-in-law (WWII- Navy Lt.) which contained the first printing of the Air Progress magazine (July 1942).My intention is to give it to my local American Legion post this weekend.
    Don...

us
    Jan 2018
    North Atlanta
    Equinox 800, 6" coil, ProFind-35 pinpointer, sold: AT Pro with stock coil, Nel Thunder, Garrett 5" x 8" coil, Garrett Carrot.
    735 times
    Relic Hunting
    nice idea. I am an us army veteran 1964-1967. I always wondered about the American Legion, it is just a place to meet fellow veterans and enjoy the fellowship? My late best friend Bill (Marine same period as I served) was active in the Masons, but not American Legion. He never said much about the American Legion either positive or negative.
    SD51 likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Scotland, Aye !!

Oct 2004
    N. San Diego area (Pic of my two best 'finds'; son and grandson)
    Minelab Explorer
    11930 times
    Research and History
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    pullabfelix,

It can be a place just to meet, greet and eat or it can be much more. It all depends on your time and desire to do more.

Locally, my post is involved in sponsoring a Cub Scout pack, the Boys State described here: https://www.legion.org/sites/legion....e-Brochure.pdf. )

In addition, we sponspor an Oratorical Contest (https://www.legion.org/oratorical/about); sponsor the local JROTC program and a school award program (https://www.legion.org/sites/legion....Program.pdf)We also have a (motorcycle) Riders group whose biggest annual event is the Christmas Toys for Tots drive.
    As you can see, it's what you put into the American Legion is a funtion of what personal rewards you will receive by your participation.
    Don.....
    SD51 likes this.

us
    Jan 2018
    North Atlanta
    Equinox 800, 6" coil, ProFind-35 pinpointer, sold: AT Pro with stock coil, Nel Thunder, Garrett 5" x 8" coil, Garrett Carrot.
    735 times
    Relic Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Mackaydon View Post
    pullabfelix,

It can be a place just to meet, greet and eat or it can be much more. It all depends on your time and desire to do more.

Locally, my post is involved in sponsoring a Cub Scout pack, the Boys State described here: https://www.legion.org/sites/legion....e-Brochure.pdf. )

In addition, we sponspor an Oratorical Contest (https://www.legion.org/oratorical/about); sponsor the local JROTC program and a school award program (https://www.legion.org/sites/legion....Program.pdf)We also have a (motorcycle) Riders group whose biggest annual event is the Christmas Toys for Tots drive.
    As you can see, it's what you put into the American Legion is a funtion of what personal rewards you will receive by your participation.
    Don.....
    thanks for the link to the Boys State brochure. Read the brochure. Yes, those qualities that they promote are sorely lacking in our school system here in Atlanta and I suspect everywhere in the US. For some unknown reason our educators seem to be way too unpatriotic for my liking. When I grew up it was the Pledge of Allegience to America every morning. And there were prayers in the school and nobody got offended as far as I can remember. Also all boys from about 12 on up had a real rifle and a BB gun before that. I don't remember a single mass shooting anywhere in this country until more modern times. I think the country went off its guide rails in the 60's and many of those of college age in the sixties are now our radical college professors and radical politicians who seem to want to bring about another era of protest against all that was good about this country. Oh well, just my lonely rant.
    Mackaydon and SD51 like this.

Sponsored Links