Hey guys....my "Sweep Jig" patent application has been approved!!!!!!!

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
YEEEHAA!!!! i was notified by mail today that my patent application has been approved! I need to send them a check for $250, and my patent will be issued. Only 5% of the patent applications are approved on the first run-through, so I'm really pleased to be in that group. I put 250 hours into the application. I'm really happy all that effort paid off. I may never make any money from the machine, but it's still nice to have a patent.
Jim

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions! :occasion14:

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
🙌🙌🙌

Ol' Kentuck

Jun 12, 2018
Primary Interest:
Other
Thats one heck of an accomplishment, Congratulations! Keep us updated on when and where yer Jig will become available fer buyin'. :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
Jim in Idaho

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thats one heck of an accomplishment, Congratulations! Keep us updated on when and where yer Jig will become available fer buyin'. :icon_thumright:

I haven't been pushing them, but have 3 sitting in the shop, ready to go right now. The plan is to show them at the Las Vegas show in February. I'm selling the ones I have for $550 + shipping. These work very well for heavy metals, either wet or dry. They don't come with a water pump or hose. They can be fed water with a scoop if necessary, or with a small 12v pump. They are powered by a 12vDC gearmotor. You can see the prototype running wet here:
And, my aluminum version running dry for pyrites at an old gold/silver mine here:
Jim

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations Jim!!!!:hello2:

OP
OP
Jim in Idaho

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks, guys! We'll see how it goes on making money from it. It's a pretty nice unit, considering it will replace both a drywasher, and highbanker, and is cheaper than either one. I've sold two. I'll take a few down to Vegas with me this winter, and I'll be interested in seeing how many sell down there.
Ducky, the court can award triple damages in some cases. I decided not to apply for a patent in any foreign countries....few foreign patents ever pay back the initial costs, so not worth the effort. This was about the challenge as much as the money. Just having a parent will be nice, and being in the 5% that went through without a challenge just makes it a bit sweeter.
Jim

pulltabfelix

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2018
North Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Currently have CTX3030 and Vanquish 440.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats Jim. Wish you a lot of success with your invention. That is what keeps this country going, guys like you who think and do.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions