Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree32Likes
  • 17 Post By Jim in Idaho
  • 1 Post By Professor of Engineering
  • 1 Post By hunt2day
  • 1 Post By Ogre1190
  • 1 Post By Ol' Kentuck
  • 4 Post By Jim in Idaho
  • 2 Post By Terry Soloman
  • 2 Post By Jim in Idaho
  • 3 Post By pulltabfelix

Thread: Hey guys....my "Sweep Jig" patent application has been approved!!!!!!!

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2012
    Blackfoot, Idaho
    White's GMT, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO 'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
    3053 times
    Prospecting

Hey guys....my "Sweep Jig" patent application has been approved!!!!!!!

YEEEHAA!!!! i was notified by mail today that my patent application has been approved! I need to send them a check for $250, and my patent will be issued. Only 5% of the patent applications are approved on the first run-through, so I'm really pleased to be in that group. I put 250 hours into the application. I'm really happy all that effort paid off. I may never make any money from the machine, but it's still nice to have a patent.
    Jim

Charter Member
    us
    Oct 2014
    Massachusetts
    Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II & X-terra 705; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i & DFX
    24361 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (2)
    Congratualtions!
    A2coins likes this.

us
    Jun 2012
    Lake County Florida
    Minelab explorer 2 Tesoro SandShark Garrett AT Minelab Equinox Tesoro Silver Umax
    22 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Good for you !!!!
    A2coins likes this.

us
    Been there...Dug that

Mar 2015
    Northern Illinois
    MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS, White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
    2387 times
    Metal Detecting
    🙌🙌🙌
    A2coins likes this.
    "There's GOLD in them thar hills! Well...at least a coupla nice Mercs."

us
    Jun 2018
    601 times
    Thats one heck of an accomplishment, Congratulations! Keep us updated on when and where yer Jig will become available fer buyin'.
    A2coins likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2012
    Blackfoot, Idaho
    White's GMT, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO 'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
    3053 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Ol' Kentuck View Post
    Thats one heck of an accomplishment, Congratulations! Keep us updated on when and where yer Jig will become available fer buyin'.
    I haven't been pushing them, but have 3 sitting in the shop, ready to go right now. The plan is to show them at the Las Vegas show in February. I'm selling the ones I have for $550 + shipping. These work very well for heavy metals, either wet or dry. They don't come with a water pump or hose. They can be fed water with a scoop if necessary, or with a small 12v pump. They are powered by a 12vDC gearmotor. You can see the prototype running wet here:
    And, my aluminum version running dry for pyrites at an old gold/silver mine here:
    Jim

Charter Member
    us
    TerrysKnifeStore.com

May 2010
    White Plains, New York
    Minelab GPZ 7000; Equinox 600 -- Teknetics EuroTek PRO -- Grave Digger Tools Nemesis shovel, Sidekick hand digger -- Bunk's Hermit Pick
    22285 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Congratulations Jim!!!!

Charter Member

Sep 2014
    Midwest, North of 36°60'
    4620 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Now jack up the price 10%.

You earned it!

IIRC, an infringer only owes you like 6% +court costs IF you bother to pursue damages. Get you start-up cost recovered ASAP, before the scavengers set in.
    Liberty is the Freedom to do the next Right thing.

In God We Trust

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2012
    Blackfoot, Idaho
    3053 times
    Prospecting
    Thanks, guys! We'll see how it goes on making money from it. It's a pretty nice unit, considering it will replace both a drywasher, and highbanker, and is cheaper than either one. I've sold two. I'll take a few down to Vegas with me this winter, and I'll be interested in seeing how many sell down there.
    Ducky, the court can award triple damages in some cases. I decided not to apply for a patent in any foreign countries....few foreign patents ever pay back the initial costs, so not worth the effort. This was about the challenge as much as the money. Just having a parent will be nice, and being in the 5% that went through without a challenge just makes it a bit sweeter.
    Jim
    Plumbata and Ol' Kentuck like this.

us
    Jan 2018
    North Atlanta
    Equinox 800, 6" coil, ProFind-35 pinpointer, sold: AT Pro with stock coil, Nel Thunder, Garrett 5" x 8" coil, Garrett Carrot.
    725 times
    Relic Hunting
    Congrats Jim. Wish you a lot of success with your invention. That is what keeps this country going, guys like you who think and do.

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links