Lost Treasure Magazine is no more..

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had put this in the magnet fishing area and I am glad you put it over here also.

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
on dankowsik forum:
Des D
"Lost Treasure" magazine gone!
November 01, 2018 08:14PM

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To many people like me that would never buy a magazine I guess, but instead thump through them at the news stand.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I admit, I did not continue with Lost Treasure, I liked Western & Eastern much more.

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I admit, I did not continue with Lost Treasure, I liked Western & Eastern much more.

I also tried the Western & Eastern and found it to be very weak on good data and much to strong on large color pictures.

I have a place that I go and set every morning for a period of time. During that stay I have made Lost Treasures magazine one of my favorite publications that has pleasantly aided me in passing more than time. It will be hard to fill that gap. Our present political atmosphere eliminates the local paper as being a substitute, it tends to lock my jaws down which made me think that I cannot afford to have other things locked up during that stay. ???

Last edited:

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
History and treasure stories do not go bad with age. I have seen stacks of old issues being sold online.
That’s an idea for your rest time reading.

There were some real dandy finds in the 1960’s - 1970’s so the stories are interesting.
Not to mention reviews of ancient metal detectors. Fun to compare to today’s gadgets.

moreb

Nov 15, 2017
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
F75
Minelab Sovereign GT
Troy Shadow X5
Fisher 1266X
Garrett Freedom 2
Garrett Deepseeker ADS ll
Garrett Deepseeker TR/VLF
D-Tex RS 200
Garrett Groundhog TR/VLF
A.H. Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I always enjoyed Treasure, Treasure Search and Treasure Found in the 70's and 80's. However they seemed to be full of ads near the end, which pay the bills ,but you read 2 pages of a article and then continued on page 89.

keith

DaveVanP

Oct 5, 2018
Coffeyville, KS
Detector(s) used
Minelab XTerra 705
Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
In the early 70's, I religiously bought the current issue of "True Treasure" magazine as soon as it hit the newsstand. My uncle had given me his stack of issues he had accumulated during the 60's. Loved the stories.

boonedel24

Dec 5, 2016
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250, and Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am sad to see the Lost Treasure Magazine stop publishing, and I also have a subscription until October 2019, and I was wondering if anyone would know how I could get a refund, or if someone was going to continue publishing with their online issues. Maybe somehow they will continue the online version, and keep some o their subscribers happy. I have subscribed for more than 10 years, and always found this magazine to be enlightening and entertaining. I learned a lot of good tips on how to hunt certain areas and how to do basic things like cleaning up some of the things I have found. It would have been nice to have had a heads up from the publisher a couple of months ahead of time to let me know what was happening. Maybe I can contact the Better Business Bureau in Oklahoma, where the publishing, I guess, takes place, and see if they know anything about this issue. Anyone have any suggestions? I still buy the Western & Eastern Treasure Magazine on the newstand at Barnes and Noble. Maybe I should get a subscription to that and save some money. It is a good magazine, also, and full of good stories and how to "hints" on hunting.

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
To be totally honest I never really liked "Lost Treasure" magazine. I got a one year subscription one time and never renewed. To me, Western & Eastern Treasures" is a much better magazine. it's a shame they went out of business though. I even wonder about W&ET because the listed places where you can buy it keeps getting smaller and smaller so I would think that their sales are dropping off considerably.

Philvis

Mar 24, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
I got a subscription maybe 3-4 years ago and I didn't really care for it compared to the subscription I had say 10-12 years earlier. The content definitely seemed lacking. I think one of the biggest problems you have with a magazine like that is THIS place. We can log in on a daily basis and see what is going on in the world of treasure hunting. Prior to the internet, they were fantastic, as that was your only source. As a kid, finding a treasure related magazine was like hitting the jackpot, as they were so difficult in my area to find in stores/newsstands. Unfortunately, I think magazines like that are going the way of the encyclopedia.

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rumor has it that Western and Eastern is also going away and will only offer a digital version for a fee.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Computer Forums,, it is probably the biggest reason people are turning away from paper entertainment. Some of the stories are just as cool and certainly less
Expensive .

Whyme

Silver Member
Aug 22, 2007
Western New York
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I just got an "Important Notice" from Western & Eastern Treasures magazine stating "March 2019 will be the LAST printed magazine." Damn. I like thumbing through magazines. Gonna miss doing that.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I should have been paying attention, i renewed both a few months ago.

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread