Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well, I am still busy with this house move business, looks like it will be a while getting the most of it done. I gave up on finding my hearing aids and glasses (were in a small tupperware bowel) and am getting new ones. Anyways, I am outside working on more separation piles to be hauled off to the metal salvage yard for cash and to clean up the place. Suddenly I have this cat show up that seems to be demanding to be fed. We have a couple of feral cats that come by but are gone in a flash when they spot you but this one is very friendly.

She, of course it is a female, won't shut up and so I finally go inside and get her some scraps and then I go back to work. Now, I have been wanting an outside cat to help with the mice and the darn pack rats that live so thick here around the mountain. So if this one sticks around and does the job, great and I didn't have to go looking for one. The third day she is demanding food again but we don't have any scraps that a cat will eat. I remembered that there was nearly a while bag of dog food in the carport so I get a handful and set it out for her and she eats it.

That was two weeks ago and yesterday I was busy fixing an outdoor light for the backyard when the cat proudly walks up to me and plops down a chipmunk. My hands are full as I am re-wiring a new light in place but she is very proud of her catch and wants me to see it. I look down and say something to her and can see that the chipmunk is still very much alive. The chipmunk makes a break for it but doesn't get far as she begins the normal cat play with the prey thing. I get done and she presents to me a now limp chipmunk and then goes over to her food dish and waits. So I give her a little bit of food and I go back to work. She waits until after the wife sees her prize and then she eats it. Well, I know that she is a hunter and will be catching all kinds of critters, its what they do and I am happy.

I had already found a young rat the week before so she should be just fine. My parents had a similar color one(a male) that they called Killer so I decided to call this one Killerett. This morning, Killerett comes walking proudly to me with a bird that she had caught and made a point of getting right in front of my feet before dropping it. She talked for a moment, reliving the experience I guess and then hurried off to eat her prize. One less bird to our feeders but oh well, we have lots of them coming in. It is kind of nice to have a cat again, outside.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Good deal! My best friends are my 3 cats.....

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrat's are due to the two of you for Killerett's new found home. Soon she will be a Fat Cat. Lol

Molewacker

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2015
Yacolt WA
Detector(s) used
EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on being adopted! I have 2 barn kittys, no more mouse damage to stored RV.

FYI, dog food has way to much ash for cats - kidney damage. To keep your rodent control employee working at her best, PU some food for cats, even cheeper stuff is better than dog food.

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Killerette sounds like a great cat to have around! I'm glad she found you!

Kace

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
funny story i have a cat that loves to prey upon grasshoppers,moths and wasps

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You might have to show her pics of what you need exterminated. Little wanted posters :)

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I plan to eventually have a mid sized dog for several reasons, to alert for bears/ mountain lions/coyotes and intruders. Also to keep watch over the little grandkids. Both the dogs and cats do a great job on critters like snakes as well. Thanks for the kidney info on the dog food, it was meant to be temporary for the cat, we have a few grey fox that usually get it. Killerett is like other cats, an opportunist for hunting everything that moves. I've always said that if a house cat grew to lion size, we'd all be in trouble. My only gripe for the cat is getting constantly in and under my feet, I don't need any help in tripping and falling. The new house is becoming our home, a great feeling for sure

pulltabfelix

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2018
North Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Currently have CTX3030 and Vanquish 440.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well, I am still busy with this house move business, looks like it will be a while getting the most of it done. I gave up on finding my hearing aids and glasses (were in a small tupperware bowel) and am getting new ones. Anyways, I am outside working on more separation piles to be hauled off to the metal salvage yard for cash and to clean up the place. Suddenly I have this cat show up that seems to be demanding to be fed. We have a couple of feral cats that come by but are gone in a flash when they spot you but this one is very friendly.

She, of course it is a female, won't shut up and so I finally go inside and get her some scraps and then I go back to work. Now, I have been wanting an outside cat to help with the mice and the darn pack rats that live so thick here around the mountain. So if this one sticks around and does the job, great and I didn't have to go looking for one. The third day she is demanding food again but we don't have any scraps that a cat will eat. I remembered that there was nearly a while bag of dog food in the carport so I get a handful and set it out for her and she eats it.

That was two weeks ago and yesterday I was busy fixing an outdoor light for the backyard when the cat proudly walks up to me and plops down a chipmunk. My hands are full as I am re-wiring a new light in place but she is very proud of her catch and wants me to see it. I look down and say something to her and can see that the chipmunk is still very much alive. The chipmunk makes a break for it but doesn't get far as she begins the normal cat play with the prey thing. I get done and she presents to me a now limp chipmunk and then goes over to her food dish and waits. So I give her a little bit of food and I go back to work. She waits until after the wife sees her prize and then she eats it. Well, I know that she is a hunter and will be catching all kinds of critters, its what they do and I am happy.

I had already found a young rat the week before so she should be just fine. My parents had a similar color one(a male) that they called Killer so I decided to call this one Killerett. This morning, Killerett comes walking proudly to me with a bird that she had caught and made a point of getting right in front of my feet before dropping it. She talked for a moment, reliving the experience I guess and then hurried off to eat her prize. One less bird to our feeders but oh well, we have lots of them coming in. It is kind of nice to have a cat again, outside.

Good that the cat found you. They do have a sense to who is a good owner. One cat tried 3 of our neighbors before staying for good with the 3rd one. And guess what he had good judgment. The first one he tried had kids who teased him, and the second one was cared for by a teen daughter until she got bored. The third was an older couple who had no pets and was good to the cat until he died five years later. Cats are smart.

Chipmunks are stupid. Our cat is an outdoor cat and probably kills or captures 2-3 chipmunks a month and the stupid chipmunks keep moving into our back yard where our cat hangs out all of the time. I guess chipmunks don't talk to each other like Chip and Dale did on the Cartoons.

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well Killerett is doing her job as she brought a dead mouse and laid it down at the front door. on the other hand, my wife has been complaining about a smell in her jeep. she thought it might be antifreeze but she wasn't sure. I have been fighting a bad sinus infection and haven't been much help but this evening she found the source. It was a very smashed mouse under the spare tire. Yeah it was nasty and still very wet. Got it out and used bleach water and she was off again. This one chipmunk had a run routine down pat. it had about five high spots it would run to and then stop to look for danger. She just waited patiently between stop spots and then did her thing. I think that chipmunks are beautiful but they are also destructive and you don't want them to get into your shed.

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got chipmunks, do you rent her out? Also, think about training her to dig targets.
Marvin

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank you for sharing! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread