Ol' Kentuck

Jun 12, 2018
Primary Interest:
Other
Fer those hunting treasure legends around Brownwood, Texas....

The Brownwood Bloody Bill Myth

" The Myth that Bloody Bill Anderson had survived the war and was living in Brownwood Texas originated in 1924, after a young Brownwood reporter named Henry Clay Fuller spent several hours talking with an 84 year old William C. Anderson in his home on Salt Creek.

Fuller’s resulting news article in the Brownwood Bulletin described Anderson’s claim to be the notorious Civil War Guerrilla, William “Bloody Bill” Anderson of Quantrill fame, and his fictitious escape from the Ray County ambush near Orrick, Missouri where history maintains Bloody Bill Anderson was killed in 1864. Variations of the article were sold by Fuller and published in newspapers throughout Texas, instantly becoming controversial.

A review of the various Fuller articles reveals that Anderson’s account frequently changed, and a comparison with credible documented records show the young reporter’s colorful imagination at work.

Yet, based solely on an old man’s tale and a young man’s imagination, a Conspiracy was born. "

" The Truth, however, reveals it was a stillbirth. Brownwood William C. Anderson was not the Bloody Bill Anderson of Quantrill fame, but he did have a bloody episode in his past to hide. "

The Brownwood Bloody Bill Myth

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats a cool post

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
I'm a little late but good read!

OP
OP
Ol' Kentuck

Ol' Kentuck

Jun 12, 2018
Primary Interest:
Other
Jest a heads up, Part 2 in tha series should be up soon. :coffee2:

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
OP
OP
Ol' Kentuck

Ol' Kentuck

Jun 12, 2018
Primary Interest:
Other
Sweet...Part 1 was an excellent read!! I'll be watching for it!

Kace

Thanks, glad you enjoyed it. :icon_thumright:

I don't think ye'll be disappointed by tha second installment, it's an eye opener.

OP
OP
Ol' Kentuck

Ol' Kentuck

Jun 12, 2018
Primary Interest:
Other
They certainly are, my friend. Fill'er up and pass tha donuts please. :icon_thumright: :coffee2:

Thank ye kindly. :)

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Ace 250, vintage D-Tex SK 70, Tesoro Mojave, Dowsing Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've spent 13 years, thousands of hours with the help of many other reputable researchers, investigating the truth about "Bloody Bill" Anderson and I can tell you, without a shred of doubt, that William C. Anderson of Salt Creek, Texas was exactly who he said he was - the only "Bloody Bill" Anderson of the Civil War. We've conducted the most extensive investigation into this topic that has ever been attempted or conducted. The truth is on the Internet for anyone to see but I'm no longer allowed to post links to it on this site and I will not waste any more of my time arguing with the naysayers about it. Believe whatever you want.
~Texas Jay

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Texas Jay your site allowed visitors to post comments which violates our rules. If you have a blog that does not allow comments you can post link.

A blog that allows comments acts like a forum and cant be posted, a blog without comments is just a blog and is allowed.

Last edited:

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Ace 250, vintage D-Tex SK 70, Tesoro Mojave, Dowsing Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Texas Jay your site allowed visitors to post comments which violates our rules. If you have a blog that does not allow comments you can post link.

A blog that allows comments acts like a forum and cant be posted, a blog without comments is just a blog and is allowed.

If you'll check the link at the bottom of the OP's original post and the second page that's linked to in the post above my previous post on this thread, you'll see that it DOES allow comments aka "responses". The reason there are no responses from anyone except the site's creator is that only a few people are signed up to comment. It's no different than my websites except that theirs has fewer people who are signed up to respond.
~Texas Jay

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread