Wife's comments on my metal detecting hobby over the past year

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Wife: What do you do with the real nice items you find when you metal detect because I seldom ever see them.

Me: Sell them to pay down the Walmart Credit Card bills you rack up.

adit

Apr 20, 2009
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x ,
Tesoro Vaquero
Great read !
I needed a good laugh . :icon_thumright:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine likes me out of the house I wonder sometimes when I find a silver spill or something good I look around to see if the wife and kids are around and seeded the place. Mine turned 2 grand in gold into a new water heater and 900 in clad into grocery money, Really !!Im going to have to steal my pants back im sick of her wearing em

Last edited:

cactusrat

Jun 27, 2012
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Steel pants...... she can have them. Remember mother/wife units have eyes in the back of their heads and know everything.

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mine likes me out of the house I wonder sometimes when I find a silver spill or something good I look around to see if the wife and kids are around and seeded the place. Mine turned 2 grand in gold into a new water heater and 900 in clad into grocery money, Really !!Im going to have to steel my pants back im sick of her wearing em

Red steals my gold, its on her fingers. All I hear is Yoink and its gone!!! sometimes I cant get it out of the ground or the scoop before I here YOINK:laughing7:

mike b

Sep 21, 2012
STATEN ISLAND NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ONLY MINELABS, and now one Detector Pro Underwater.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I cant be the only one that copied/pasted and sent this to 30 people, am I ?

JoeVal

Oct 28, 2018
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 & 800
Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro
Bounty Hunter Tracker Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don’t dare show this to my wife, because she’ll accuse me of sending you half of the talking points you have listed. She must be related to my wife somehow.

Thanks for the morning laugh!

JoeVal

Oct 28, 2018
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wife: “Why can’t you find me nice rings like those people on YouTube find all the time?"

Me: "Because you refuse to move to a place with white sandy beaches, because you don’t want to be away from your (annoying) sisters and our kids who only come around when they want someone to babysit."

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya I used to get a lot of the same comments.........then I found a coin off the treasure galleon !!!!! A good one......you know one of those valuable pieces of treasure. After weeks of people streaming into the house to see it, and lots of big value numbers being thrown around her attitude changed.......now I get stuff like, want me to pack you a lunch, or make sure you have some waters, and have a great day !! She will often call me about mid day, and it's always the same "are we rich yet". If I call here on a week day and say, I skipped work today, she immediately says "what did you find" I dont even get in trouble for skipping work anymore. Wooo hooo !! Finally got her trained !!

OP
OP
pulltabfelix

pulltabfelix

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2018
North Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Currently have CTX3030 and Vanquish 440.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wife: “Why can’t you find me nice rings like those people on YouTube find all the time?"

Me: "Because you refuse to move to a place with white sandy beaches, because you don’t want to be away from your (annoying) sisters and our kids who only come around when they want someone to babysit."

relate to that. I metal detect and have a great dog. My two refuges because all her attention going to her needy daughters and son's in laws who we have spent a small fortune on getting them out of legal jams. Funny how tens of thousands of dollars spent on them and no mention of ever paying it back and at the same time they are living large while I have to sell my AT Pro and coils to scrape up money for my Nox 800. Oh well, we all have our burdens to bear.

cactusrat

Jun 27, 2012
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Sound like a death wish.

JoeVal

Oct 28, 2018
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well isnt anybody going to tell me or y'all gonna leave me in limbo ? everybody do the limbo ! oh yea.
I’ve only been here a short time, but I haven’t met anyone (yet) foolish enough to answer your question...myself included. :laughing7:

JoeVal

Oct 28, 2018
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

redbeardrelics

Jan 3, 2014
Maryland's Eastern Shore
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500, (Ace 250 spare)
Primary Interest:
Other
Great post that so many of us can relate to. No matter what finds I show my wife, her response is always the same "so does this mean I can retire yet?". She just know this irks the crap out of me.

PS. I know it's against the rules, but I am voting banner.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
She said “ Maybe you could teach some of my girl friends how to metal detect and we all go hunting, I am sure we can find more than you do. Sure sweetness, and why don’t you teach some of my friends how to shop and gossip an “

Tell her to give you a list of her single girl friends from 18- 30!

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
That's Hilarious! I really LOL!!

Kace

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread