Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Results 1 to 6 of 6
Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By Hillbilly Prince
  • 1 Post By SeabeeRon
  • 1 Post By Hillbilly Prince
  • 3 Post By pulltabfelix
  • 1 Post By Hillbilly Prince
  • 1 Post By TommyB

Thread: Metal detecting in Saipan

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
  1. #1
    us
    Aug 2018
    SW Missouri
    Garrett All Terrain Pro
    3,366
    9824 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    Metal detecting in Saipan

    Could not find any info here with a search. I got a nephew working in Saipan and thought about suggesting he try the hobby.
    Anyone ever MD there? Or know anything about the situation regarding regulations and so on.
    Or maybe other types of treasure. He is pretty stressed out trying to help improve their drinking water lol
    Simon1 likes this.
    You may forget but let me tell you this: someone in some future time will think of us-Sappho

  2. #2
    us
    We Build, We Fight!

    Aug 2007
    Santa Cruz, CA.
    ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
    1,376
    878 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    My father-in-law was on Saipan and Tinian during WWII, Naval Air.

    Lots of WWII relic I would imagine!
    Simon1 likes this.
    SeabeeRon Santa Cruz,CA.

  3. #3
    us
    Aug 2018
    SW Missouri
    Garrett All Terrain Pro
    3,366
    9824 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by SeabeeRon View Post
    My father-in-law was on Saipan and Tinian during WWII, Naval Air.

    Lots of WWII relic I would imagine!
    That is what I was thinking. Not sure if looking for relics is allowed.
    Simon1 likes this.
    You may forget but let me tell you this: someone in some future time will think of us-Sappho

  4. #4
    us
    Jan 2018
    North Atlanta
    Equinox 800, 6" coil, ProFind-35 pinpointer, sold: AT Pro with stock coil, Nel Thunder, Garrett 5" x 8" coil, Garrett Carrot.
    433
    735 times
    Relic Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly Prince View Post
    Could not find any info here with a search. I got a nephew working in Saipan and thought about suggesting he try the hobby.
    Anyone ever MD there? Or know anything about the situation regarding regulations and so on.
    Or maybe other types of treasure. He is pretty stressed out trying to help improve their drinking water lol
    just google saipansam and metal detecting and you will find a guy finding stuff on that island. It has a rich history, spanish, US, Japanese and US again. It is a us commonwealth nation. I guess that means we control it. so if saipansam can hunt, so can anyone else probably. not a big island about 12 x 6 miles so won't have to go far to relic hunt.

  5. #5
    us
    Aug 2018
    SW Missouri
    Garrett All Terrain Pro
    3,366
    9824 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by pulltabfelix View Post
    just google saipansam and metal detecting and you will find a guy finding stuff on that island. It has a rich history, spanish, US, Japanese and US again. It is a us commonwealth nation. I guess that means we control it. so if saipansam can hunt, so can anyone else probably. not a big island about 12 x 6 miles so won't have to go far to relic hunt.
    Thanks for the info!
    Simon1 likes this.
    You may forget but let me tell you this: someone in some future time will think of us-Sappho

  6. #6
    us
    Jul 2013
    OC, Calif
    Whites Surf PI & Whites DFX
    512
    721 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    My dad fought in the Army there during WWII. From his stories, you should find lots of lead
    Simon1 likes this.

 

 

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Bottle found on Saipan
    By reddirt in forum Bottles & Glass
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: May 08, 2016, 03:57 PM
  2. Replies: 24
    Last Post: Mar 15, 2016, 02:40 PM
  3. METAL DETECTING OCEAN CITY MARYLAND EAST COAST METAL DETECTING
    By eastcoastmetaldetecting in forum Today's Finds!
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Feb 20, 2011, 11:21 PM
  4. METAL DETECTING OCEAN CITY EAST COAST METAL DETECTING
    By eastcoastmetaldetecting in forum Today's Finds!
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Feb 20, 2011, 09:17 AM
  5. EAST COAST METAL DETECTING LETS GO METAL DETECTING
    By eastcoastmetaldetecting in forum Clubs & Hunts - Delaware
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Feb 18, 2011, 10:40 AM
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0