Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Another question

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Rook

Nov 2013
    Mississippi
    XP Deus
    8646 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    For me it's a any date Trime and a Mississippi belt buckle.
    Yak1366 and Davers like this.
    When you come to a fork in the road, take it.

Charter Member
    us
    Old Tom Cat.

Jan 2013
    N.of , I-285...GA
    Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
    5044 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider19962 View Post
    I can't believe no one has said "George Washington Inaugural buttons" yet!
    Ahhh.

I see you have found a George Washington Inaugural Button.

Congratulations on a Historic Find.
    gold boy and Yak1366 like this.
    As I am finding , In life we begin having the Blissful happiness & the Wonder & innocence of a Child, then fall Quickly, then spend the rest of our lives trying to reach that point where we began ,through Pleasure , Fame, & Materials but Only 'Through true faith in Jesus , can we find Prefect Happiness or true Meaning in our Short lives on this Beautiful Earth filled with both the Light of Pure goodness & The Darkness of Pure Evil. D.

That Said, I judge No Man.
    Davers

Charter Member
    us
    Classic car lover

Jul 2017
    some where in the great state of Texas
    Teknectics eurotek pro bounty hunter time ranger bounty hunter quick draw 2 used a teroso compadre. Carry a 22 cal. six-shooter.
    11415 times
    hunting,bottle digging,coin roll hunting,shooting,Metal Detecting, swimming,
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider19962 View Post
    I can't believe no one has said "George Washington Inaugural buttons" yet!
    well since i'm in TX i don't think i'll find one

us
    Nov 2006
    Georgia
    Varies with location and conditions.
    821 times
    I was fortunate enough to be hunting around Atlanta before many of the sites were gobbled up by urban sprawl and expansion, so I got a few off my list before it got too difficult. That being said, I would still like to get a nice Southern State plate. As for coins, I have been pretty lucky to get most that I would like, two cent, reale, half-dimes, etc., but would still like to dig a large cent, capped bust, or any colonial coppers.

D.
    Yak1366, Davers, gold boy and 1 others like this.
    There comes a time in every rightly constructed boy's life when he has a raging desire to go somewhere and dig for buried treasure.

Mark Twain

Charter Member
    us
    Old Tom Cat.

Jan 2013
    N.of , I-285...GA
    Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
    5044 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Dharmacy View Post
    I was fortunate enough to be hunting around Atlanta before many of the sites were gobbled up by urban sprawl and expansion, so I got a few off my list before it got too difficult. That being said, I would still like to get a nice Southern State plate. As for coins, I have been pretty lucky to get most that I would like, two cent, reale, half-dimes, etc., but would still like to dig a large cent, capped bust, or any colonial coppers.

D.
    I thank you for your reply , I see where a-lot of the coins went around here now. lol

I'm wondering did you ever get a Capped Bust Silver ? Or did you mean the Cent type?

A LC don't seem like to much to ask but here

A piece of a Reale would be nice for me to dig, I look forward to it . ---'Thinking Positive'
    Happy Thanksgiving Davers /Davey
    Dharmacy and Yak1366 like this.
    As I am finding , In life we begin having the Blissful happiness & the Wonder & innocence of a Child, then fall Quickly, then spend the rest of our lives trying to reach that point where we began ,through Pleasure , Fame, & Materials but Only 'Through true faith in Jesus , can we find Prefect Happiness or true Meaning in our Short lives on this Beautiful Earth filled with both the Light of Pure goodness & The Darkness of Pure Evil. D.

Davers

us
    Nov 2006
    Georgia
    Varies with location and conditions.
    821 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Davers View Post
    I thank you for your reply , I see where a-lot of the coins went around here now. lol

I'm wondering did you ever get a Capped Bust Silver ? Or did you mean the Cent type?

A LC don't seem like to much to ask but here

A piece of a Reale would be nice for me to dig, I look forward to it . ---'Thinking Positive'

Happy Thanksgiving Davers /Davey
    I was referring to capped bust silver, but I would gladly take anything from that era. I can only recall one large cent dug around the Atlanta area that I was aware of. Like you said, those are hard to come by around here. I have recovered some seated silver, and other coinage from around that time, but even those were few and far between. The 1/2 reale I dug was from a Confederate camp in North Carolina and was dated 1746. Looking forward to the end of hunting season so I can get back out in the woods and see what I can find!

D.
    Davers likes this.
    There comes a time in every rightly constructed boy's life when he has a raging desire to go somewhere and dig for buried treasure.

Mark Twain

Charter Member
    us
    Old Tom Cat.

Jan 2013
    N.of , I-285...GA
    5044 times
    Thanks for your quick reply .

I was very Blessed 5+ years ago & got a Capped Dime , Half Dime , The half was Holed with a square nail & the Dime X on both sides , Then a 1839 Seated a month later , it was in XF , Then a year later I hit a 1830 Capped Half Dime . XF

All were from the same camp , funny I got no Cents Indian Head or large but did dig 4 Tokens 2 were patriotic & 1 was a Store Card & one was a Sutler Token all this was over a 2 year period .

Funny the Coins were so old but the Tokens were 1864 & 1863 on 1 if I recall right .

I do recall a LC was found in Powder Springs 3-4 years ago. IH's are around but the oldest I have found was a 1879 & it was eyeballed at Grant Park (due to erosion). A few were 1880's but most 1890-1904.

Ill shut up ,as I got to go eat. LOL
    Have a Wonderful Thanksgiving & hope you can get out soon , stuff is still there just harder to find.
    Yak1366 and Dharmacy like this.

Davers

us
    Jan 2013
    Scotia, ny
    Garrett AT Max, Garrett Pro Pointer, Garrett Sea Hunter
    237 times
    I’d probably keel over dead if I ever dig one. #1 on my bucket list....a GWI that is ��
    Last edited by Fast Ed; Nov 29, 2018 at 07:50 PM.
    gold boy and Yak1366 like this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links