Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
If someday DNA technology advanced to the point where it could be recovered from very old artifacts? Imagine finding an arrowhead and linking it through time to some present day person.

“Hey, I found this point and I believe it was lost by your great, great, great, etc., etc., grandparent.” Wishful thinking but maybe other items like musket balls that had blood and tissue on them... you never know.
HH
DTS

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a cool thought.

cactusrat

Jun 27, 2012
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am sorry DTS52 that my great, great, great, grandfather killed your great, great, great grandfather. WAIT!!! How did you get born?

OP
OP
dts52

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
I am sorry DTS52 that my great, great, great, grandfather killed your great, great, great grandfather. WAIT!!! How did you get born?

Apologizing for something done to another person’s ancestors by someone unrelated to you a few hundred years ago seems to be the trend. And the #metoo movement had me worried about what one of my high school dates might claim I did once 50 something years ago.
HH
dts

cactusrat

Jun 27, 2012
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Apologizing for something done to another person’s ancestors by someone unrelated to you a few hundred years ago seems to be the trend. And the #metoo movement had me worried about what one of my high school dates might claim I did once 50 something years ago.
HH
dts

But, how did you get born?

Also, who the heck was my great, great, great, grandfather?

The heck with this DNA stuff. A bunch of years from now they will think something different about it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread