Winter Gear Question: What do you wear on your hands?

xcopperstax

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2018
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

mark v

Mar 10, 2006
S.W. Pa.
Detector(s) used
Deus, CTX
I used to never wear gloves until a Minelab pair came with my last detector purchase. I really like them and wear them every time I detect now. They're comfortable and durable. You could probably see them on Minelab's website.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
We use those "Hot Hands" packets in our gloves. They work pretty well. They are inexpensive, actually I get free ones out of Kurt Stuben's truck! He tries to hide them in the backseat cubby hole. Help yourself!

By the time you get gloves thick enough to be warm, you can't operate the machine or pinpointer correctly wearing them.

OP
OP
X

xcopperstax

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2018
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We use those "Hot Hands" packets in our gloves. They work pretty well. They are inexpensive, actually I get free ones out of Kurt Stuben's truck! He tries to hide them in the backseat cubby hole. Help yourself!

By the time you get gloves thick enough to be warm, you can't operate the machine or pinpointer correctly wearing them.

Drop me a pin for his truck and I'll be there! haha. Thanks for the advice though I appreciate it.

OP
OP
X

xcopperstax

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2018
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to never wear gloves until a Minelab pair came with my last detector purchase. I really like them and wear them every time I detect now. They're comfortable and durable. You could probably see them on Minelab's website.

Thanks will check them. Early on I didn't wear gloves but now I wear them even when it's hot out you never know what kind of sharp stuff will be in the hole. It get's so cold up here we have to wear gloves during the winter. I'm sure it's pretty cold in your neck of the woods as well.

Dr. Witty

Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer 2 and Makro Kruzer
Garrett Carrot pro-pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Terry Soloman gave my sister a pair of those Minelab gloves last April for the Earth day dig in Tarrytown NY. I'm still trying to find them when I go over to my sisters house but she has them hidden away somewhere. I think they look great and I'll probably pick some up for myself next year. As for me I have a pair of scuba gloves I wear when its really cold. they don't allow too much dexterity, but they work ok to keep my hands warm when its freezing out.

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Good advice. I do the same thing digging and at work. We put the hot hand inside the glove on TOP of your hand. Not only is it out of the way but that is where the veins that carry the blood to your fingers are and it works great. It allows you to wear a smaller pair of gloves.

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
I usually wear those brown, red-lined cotton work gloves, extra large. Like others, I’ll throw in a hot hands warmer. If any glove is tight on my hand, regardless of material, my hands get painfully cold after a short time. I’ve been told it’s because I got frostbite when I was young but I don’t know whether that has anything to do with it.
BTW - I always wear gloves (except at the beach) when MDing just to prevent cuts and insect bites. Nothing like a good spider bite to get your attention.
HH
dts

dokc

Oct 24, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get a couple of those cheap stretchy gloves and 2 pair of the surgeons gloves. Put on the surgeon's gloves then the 2 others and it keeps the heat in.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Put a thin pair of cotton gloves under the surgeons gloves.you don't want sweaty hands.

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Naw..you have to wear black rubberized garden gloves with damp dirt stuck to the thumb and index finger so as to be able to rub those old coins to check the dates....at least that’s what all the You-Tuber’s do..it seems.

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
If it's Really Cold...I use high dexterity glove liners from Bass Pro under Hyper Tough High Dexterity Gloves from Walmart. The HT are very reasonable in price and they work with Touch Screens too. If it's not real cold I just wear the HT gloves without the liners.

If I'm going to be getting my hands wet I use water proof Scuba Type Gloves (can't remember the name) from Bass Pro. They are reinforced on the finger ends and palm. It's in the Duck Hunting Department. These are camo...The pair I have do not work with touch screens but are high dexterity too. I don't like bulky gloves very much.

I always wear some type of cut resistant glove on my dirt digging hand no matter what the season is.

Kace

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread