Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
imagine this, a two car garage that is pretty full of a lot of stuff. There are bins and boxes that are ours from our move that still need to be sorted and put where they need to be. But there is a lot of stuff that is my father's that he hasn't gotten yet. You can walk around but it is tight. The lighting is low wattage bulbs that leave it rather dark so the wife and I are using flashlights to see better as we search for something that inside one of these bins or boxes. My wife is still griping about the walking sticks (stick like harmless bugs). She had freaked out twice from one falling on her. So, she is on her knees near the end of her trail, looking into a box while I am at another spot. She has been having problems with her flashlight and is muttering something under her breath.

Suddenly all hell breaks loose as she begins screaming bloody murder and things are getting knocked over left and right. I am thinking it is too cold to be a snake and I realize something is going by me very fast. My flashlight barely catches our cat streaking by with a plastic bag around it. The wife has managed to kill her flashlight and is still freaking out and demanding my help. Now I can't help myself and I am laughing, Okay, I am laughing hard and my wife is getting a little angry with me. She is on a dark spot with stuff all over her and she can't see very well to get up. I make my way to her and help her up in time to see the cat calmly walking back through. I explain that it was the cat with a bag on it and my wife finally begins to calm down. Then she finally laughs and admits that she was very glad that she had already gone to the bathroom. We finally found the bag but gave up on finding what we were originally looking for. However, we both got our heart rates up. The cat? she went back to her prowling.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats hillarious Thaks for the good laugh

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As Mom would ask, "Who let the cat out of the bag"?
Funny story.
M

No gold in NY

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master,
Whites Gold Master GMT, Whites MXSport
High banker/dredge,
DIY hand trommel,
DIY Miller table,
DIY fluidbed gold trap sluice,
Keene A-52 A-52s
2186 Wheaties
Primary Interest:
Other
Gotta love it. My wife is like that. When she freaks out she looks like she is getting an electrical shock. Wouldn't have her any other way. Thanks for the story.

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great story...:occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread