You are froze, what is your favorite cold weather comfort food to warm up with?

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Slow oven baked spareribs with sauerkraut and potatoes. Add in a nice crusty bread and you got a great meal.

searching 4

Dec 6, 2017
pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
garret ace 200
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you guys might think i'm crazy but I really like wendys chilli reminds me of the chilli my mom used to make..tastes the same as hers did,,,at 90 my mom isn't making chilli anymore

bigmike

Jan 5, 2007
Oregon
Detector(s) used
fisher 1266xb
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
My wifes Zuppa Toscana soup! Best soup i've ever had and it does warm you up :)

JoeVal

Oct 28, 2018
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 & 800
Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro
Bounty Hunter Tracker Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do the cooking, so cold weather brings out the pressure cooker to start making soups and stews. Our favorite is chicken noodle soup made from scratch in about an hour from frozen chicken.

Uploaded at Snapagogo.com

Im also a bread baker...nuff said!

JoeVal

Oct 28, 2018
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh...cold weather also means its rye bread season.

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The little wife wanted her two cents worth and said a thick creamy potato soup with lots of crispy bacon and cheese with Italian Everything bread (buttered of course.) Made me think a hot large stuffed baked potato with the works.

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
My Slow Cooked Chicken and Dumplings!

chicken-and-dumplings.jpg

Chicken Breast Meat pieces, cubed Potatoes, and Veggies, slow cooked in a thick Chicken Gravy with my steamed Dumplings added over top.

If you are cold and hungry and in my area...drop in!

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I have two favorites my wife makes, one is a killer lentil soup and the other one is an Irish dish called Colcannon (Cabbage, Ham and Potatoes all mashed together with a big dollop of butter)

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pozole, its the best warm your belly food I've ever had. Too bad I'm in Deutschland, they've never heard of the stuff.
My wife cooks up posole (basically hominy stew) for birthdays, any holiday including Mexican dia de indepencia (not May 5th, we don't observe cinco de Mayo) or just when anybody requests it. It's also good for hangovers.

Joseph08

Nov 19, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Usually we have a favorite food that really gets up warmed up just thinking about it waiting for us as we head home. maybe it isn't home where you go but there is something that you can already taste before you get there. For me, there is several that come to mind from a great stew or soup to chili or even hot steamy lasagna. There has been a few times that I was prepared for the cold with a wide mouth thermos of rice and beans or chowder. Give me some crackers or a hearty piece of bread to go with it and I am happy. Heck, a pot of pinto beans with ham and or smoked sausage is great too.

Coffee 8-)

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on
ox tail soup. although i hav'nt had it in eons i still dream about it. next is grilled cheese sandwiches with 2 kinds of cheese (american and munster) and bomater soup

JoeVal

Oct 28, 2018
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ox tail soup. although i hav'nt had it in eons i still dream about it. next is grilled cheese sandwiches with 2 kinds of cheese (american and munster) and bomater soup

It will be even longer when you see how much they want for cow tails. Outrageous!

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It will be even longer when you see how much they want for cow tails. Outrageous!

isnt it insane. Oxtails used to be a cheap option for soup, but not now.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread