Please help! Newbie here lost my wedding ring!!

Workman10200

Nov 15, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A few days ago I lost my wedding ring! I was planting plants into containers (approx 2ft. Tall and 2ft diameter). I cant seem to find it. I am using the garrett ace 250. The ring is titanium. I am just trying to narrow it down to which pot it is in out of 16 pots. My problem is that my metal detector just keeps pinging. I know theres no metal in any of the pots but it is pinging on all of them no matter what setting I am using. Any specific setting I could use to have it search only for titanium? Thanks everyone!!

Nick79

Jan 28, 2018
California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Maybe try stopping at a jeweler and asking them if you can see what it rings up as? Sorry, I do not have titanium to test. May try turning your sensitivity down too if you didn't already try that

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, I am sorry but either your' metal detector is on the fritz (kaputt) or the soil you placed in the pots for the plants is loaded with hot minerals. Try the metal detector away from the planting pots to see if the problem still exists. If not, then try running it across some of the soil you used for planting that is not in the pots. If it rings on the soil, then it has hot minerals in it. If it doesn't ring on the soil, then the composition of the planting pots is the problem. In any case, you may have to sift the soil pot by pot to find the ring and then replant the plants.

cactusrat

Jun 27, 2012
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Look in the bag of soil, where you got water, where you washed your hand. Look a good ways out from where you were working. Maybe you shook your hands and the ring was fling off.

Is the table the pots are on metal.

After trying what Huntsman54 said and if the potting soil is not mineralized, dump one pot at a time out at a time and run the detector over it. Test the soil and the pot to figure out which one is beeping.

As dumb as this sounds, does your shoes have metal in them and if the pots are on the ground.

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A few days ago I lost my wedding ring! I was planting plants into containers (approx 2ft. Tall and 2ft diameter). I cant seem to find it. I am using the garrett ace 250. The ring is titanium. I am just trying to narrow it down to which pot it is in out of 16 pots. My problem is that my metal detector just keeps pinging. I know theres no metal in any of the pots but it is pinging on all of them no matter what setting I am using. Any specific setting I could use to have it search only for titanium? Thanks everyone!!

It comes up as a nickel on the meter, or close to that. Tip planters on their side on the ground and scan them. Keep sens high as you can without chatter, use all metal and watch for nickel signal or use custom mode and
open the nickel slot and one block each side of nickel and disc out the rest.
Jon

Last edited:

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sold a euro ace to guy awhile back. He called me back the same day we made the deal and complained that it wouldn’t stop pinging. He was trying it out in his large backyard and asked me if I could hear it pinging over the phone. I said yes. I asked him to hold it over his head and see if it stops and it did. I told him he must be near a metal object lower than his shoulders. He then asked me if his electric fence would make it go off. I said....Well Ya!!! ... he went in the house and shut it off and came back on the phone and apologized for not knowing. We both had a good laugh. Check for electrical interference.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A few days ago I lost my wedding ring...
tn_md.gif
1st - I noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard Workman10200! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forum: Select Your Area.... and selecting location information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country). You might also consider adding your state (or country) to your displayed profile (SETTINGS -> EDIT PROFILE) - members may have more success helping you (your location may help, etc.)...

tn_metal_detector.gif
2nd - You might also consider browsing SubForum: Garrett > Ace 250

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where are your pots sitting? If they are sitting on concrete or a patio you might be picking up nails or rebar. So scan a patch of grass that you know isn’t near metal or sprinklers. If it is still “pinging”, then it is the detector. If it is silent on the grass, then set you pots one by one on the spot and scan. If they all ping then there has to be something metal in the pots themselves.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
On the bright side of things be glad it wasn't a gold or platinum ring instead of .50 cents worth of titanium.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Are the containers put together with metal?

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on
maybe you sensitivity turned up to high, pinging to one person is blinging and it might be bonging to another ? this should have been solved already ? are these clay pots ? plastic ?

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on
On the bright side of things be glad it wasn't a gold or platinum ring instead of .50 cents worth of titanium.

Red,Red,Red. all is not lost here . did anything else come to mind ? maybe an afterthought ? sentiment maybe ?

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

It is my thought that the detector you are using does not have ground balance and I have had the same problem with the ace 400 on simple tasks. Find you another detector that has ground balance and try it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread