Please help! Newbie here lost my wedding ring!!
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree18Likes
  • 2 Post By Nick79
  • 2 Post By huntsman53
  • 5 Post By cactusrat
  • 1 Post By teleprospector
  • 4 Post By Hawks88
  • 3 Post By SusanMN
  • 1 Post By Peyton Manning

Thread: Please help! Newbie here lost my wedding ring!!

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Nov 2018
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Please help! Newbie here lost my wedding ring!!

A few days ago I lost my wedding ring! I was planting plants into containers (approx 2ft. Tall and 2ft diameter). I cant seem to find it. I am using the garrett ace 250. The ring is titanium. I am just trying to narrow it down to which pot it is in out of 16 pots. My problem is that my metal detector just keeps pinging. I know theres no metal in any of the pots but it is pinging on all of them no matter what setting I am using. Any specific setting I could use to have it search only for titanium? Thanks everyone!!

us
    Just dig it

Jan 2018
    California
    Equinox 800
    1476 times
    Relic Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Maybe try stopping at a jeweler and asking them if you can see what it rings up as? Sorry, I do not have titanium to test. May try turning your sensitivity down too if you didn't already try that
    Gare and Hawks88 like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Jun 2013
    East Tennessee
    6679 times
    Well, I am sorry but either your' metal detector is on the fritz (kaputt) or the soil you placed in the pots for the plants is loaded with hot minerals. Try the metal detector away from the planting pots to see if the problem still exists. If not, then try running it across some of the soil you used for planting that is not in the pots. If it rings on the soil, then it has hot minerals in it. If it doesn't ring on the soil, then the composition of the planting pots is the problem. In any case, you may have to sift the soil pot by pot to find the ring and then replant the plants.
    Hawks88 and Gare like this.

us
    To hot to play today

Jun 2012
    South Texas
    Ace 250
    369 times
    Metal Detecting
    Look in the bag of soil, where you got water, where you washed your hand. Look a good ways out from where you were working. Maybe you shook your hands and the ring was fling off.

Is the table the pots are on metal.

After trying what Huntsman54 said and if the potting soil is not mineralized, dump one pot at a time out at a time and run the detector over it. Test the soil and the pot to figure out which one is beeping.

As dumb as this sounds, does your shoes have metal in them and if the pots are on the ground.
    SD51, Gare, Hawks88 and 2 others like this.
    South Texas
    Ace 250, GPP and one used treasure map

Quote Originally Posted by Workman10200 View Post
    A few days ago I lost my wedding ring! I was planting plants into containers (approx 2ft. Tall and 2ft diameter). I cant seem to find it. I am using the garrett ace 250. The ring is titanium. I am just trying to narrow it down to which pot it is in out of 16 pots. My problem is that my metal detector just keeps pinging. I know theres no metal in any of the pots but it is pinging on all of them no matter what setting I am using. Any specific setting I could use to have it search only for titanium? Thanks everyone!!
    It comes up as a nickel on the meter, or close to that. Tip planters on their side on the ground and scan them. Keep sens high as you can without chatter, use all metal and watch for nickel signal or use custom mode and
    open the nickel slot and one block each side of nickel and disc out the rest.
    Jon
    Last edited by teleprospector; Nov 16, 2018 at 06:40 AM.
    Hawks88 likes this.
    "Let Thy Hand, Oh God, guide me through the ways Thou seest are needed for those that seek to know Thy way through any effort of mine."

ca
    Hawks88

Aug 2012
    Niagara falls
    Equinox 600, fisher gold bug pro.
    10273 times
    I sold a euro ace to guy awhile back. He called me back the same day we made the deal and complained that it wouldn’t stop pinging. He was trying it out in his large backyard and asked me if I could hear it pinging over the phone. I said yes. I asked him to hold it over his head and see if it stops and it did. I told him he must be near a metal object lower than his shoulders. He then asked me if his electric fence would make it go off. I said....Well Ya!!! ... he went in the house and shut it off and came back on the phone and apologized for not knowing. We both had a good laugh. Check for electrical interference.

Charter Member
    us
    Fly Navy!

Jun 2008
    York County, PA (USA) Brevard County, FL (USA)
    13602 times
    A few days ago I lost my wedding ring...
    1st - I noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard Workman10200! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forum: Select Your Area.... and selecting location information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country). You might also consider adding your state (or country) to your displayed profile (SETTINGS -> EDIT PROFILE) - members may have more success helping you (your location may help, etc.)...
    2nd - You might also consider browsing SubForum: Garrett > Ace 250
    .:: We SaluteOur Veterans ::.

"A free people ought to be armed." - George Washington (January 7th, 1790)
    ..: Criminals obey "gun control" laws in the same manner politicians follow their oaths of office :..

.:: Rules and Guidelines ::.
    .:: NOTICE - You must be a Charter Member to sell on Treasure Net (Forum: Charter Member Classifieds) - NOTICE ::.

Jun 2007
    Minnesota
    Tiger Shark, Xterra 705
    2909 times
    Where are your pots sitting? If they are sitting on concrete or a patio you might be picking up nails or rebar. So scan a patch of grass that you know isn’t near metal or sprinklers. If it is still “pinging”, then it is the detector. If it is silent on the grass, then set you pots one by one on the spot and scan. If they all ping then there has to be something metal in the pots themselves.
    Peyton Manning, Nick79 and Hawks88 like this.
    I'm a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of itĒ

Thomas Jefferson

Charter Member
    us
    WolfPack member

Aug 2009
    New Hampshire
    Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
    7953 times
    The Truth
    On the bright side of things be glad it wasn't a gold or platinum ring instead of .50 cents worth of titanium.

Dec 2012
    MXT-PRO Sandshark
    13036 times
    Metal Detecting
    Are the containers put together with metal?
    Hawks88 likes this.
    Iím the only one of me, baby thatís the fun of me.. / brendon urie

DONíT TRUST WHITEY / Navin Johnson

EVERYTHINGS GONNA BE ALRIGHT, EVERYTHINGS GONNA BE OK.
    ITS GONNA BE A GOOD GOOD LIFE, THATíS WHAT MY THERAPISTS SAY. / Bebe rexha

IF YOUíRE LOST AND ALONE, OR YOUíRE SINKING LIKE A STONE, CARRY ON / Fun

us
    nomad roman numeral 2

Nov 2009
    nomads land
    any tector i can get my hands on
    2120 times
    maybe you sensitivity turned up to high, pinging to one person is blinging and it might be bonging to another ? this should have been solved already ? are these clay pots ? plastic ?

us
    nomad roman numeral 2

Nov 2009
    nomads land
    any tector i can get my hands on
    2120 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Red James Cash View Post
    On the bright side of things be glad it wasn't a gold or platinum ring instead of .50 cents worth of titanium.
    Red,Red,Red. all is not lost here . did anything else come to mind ? maybe an afterthought ? sentiment maybe ?

Nov 2012
    1003 times
    It is my thought that the detector you are using does not have ground balance and I have had the same problem with the ace 400 on simple tasks. Find you another detector that has ground balance and try it.

ca
    Hawks88

Aug 2012
    Niagara falls
    Equinox 600, fisher gold bug pro.
    10273 times
    Welcome to tnet from Niagara Falls.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links