Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
like a lot of you, I have a tendency to make things work better for me. in this world of one size fits all, they don't, plain and simple. It is the same thing with just about any product, you are pretty lucky to find something that fits you or your needs the first time. Knowing my luck, it is now a specialized item and now costs 5 times the norm. So I make adjustments or "improvements" to the item to make it more user friendly for me and my needs. I have done this pretty much my whole life and have done pretty well at it for the most part. With all of my mods, from welding things to just making something from something else, I guess my favorite mod that I use every time I go detecting would be my knee pads. I had tried the hard plastic formed ones and hated them, totally. They even hurt my knees after a while.

I got some softer pads that didn't attach very well and they also didn't do anything for the small sharp rocks. I also wore them out way too fast. So I was in the local thrift shop one day and happened to spot a large old leather woman's purse. Now this purse was not a thing of beauty to most but I saw potential immediately. I took the velcro straps from another set of knee pads that I liked and sewed them on a softer set of pads. Then I cut the purse up to get two large leather pads that I now glued onto the softer ones. Now I have a set of more cushioned knee pads that don't hurt my aching knees at all and I even like the straps that hold them on. The rocks, I can still tell that they are there but nothing like before, comfort city! I don't leave home with out them and they have been lasted me three years so far and still looking good.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice modification to meet your needs! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions