Most Unique Recover & Return to Date!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got a call from a lady last night saying she had gotten my number off the internet, and needed a metal detectorist to recover a misplaced item in her yard. As we talked, I learned that her kids had buried the cremated remains of their family pet in the yard 15-years ago, and now that they were moving, they wanted to take the remains and re-inter them at the new house. Wow, OK.

So I headed over early this morning and found the flowerbed grave (a metal urn) in less than 10-minutes. I was hugged and kissed (and that was just the husband!), and treated to some of the best coffee I've ever had. Weird request, but one of the most satisfying in over 40-years of doing this. It is amazing how attached we become to our pets. They really are part of our families. :skullflag:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great story Terry! :notworthy:

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go Terry!

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go Terry, that meant a lot to those people.

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Gotta be an HM! 🙌

Top Member Reactions