Netflix movie "The Ballad of Buster Scruggs" about the wild west, really recommend it

firebird

Oct 17, 2018
Central Valley California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Netflix movie "The Ballad of Buster Scruggs" about the wild west, really recommend it

It just showed up yesterday on Netflix, a bunch of short stories set in the wild west. I really recommend it just for the story on the gold prospector alone, I think it's the most accurate portrayal of what panning for gold and trying to find it that a movie has ever shown.

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just watched this! Can recommend. Cohen brothers -remember 'no country for old men'? In my opinion a cinematic masterpiece (and a great story). They are behind this winner.

That Gold hunting Mr Pocket was probably my favourite! Breathtaking scenery (hope I wasnt fooled by CGI)

Chub

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am TRYING to WATCH it NOW ``` I do not think I will make it through the END !!!

Last edited:

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I could not make it through the whole movie i think.Right after the gold panner i shut it off maybe even durning the panner one . What a terrible movie !!!

Dr. Witty

Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer 2 and Makro Kruzer
Garrett Carrot pro-pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Cohen brothers have always been ahead of their time and this movie is no different. Every scene is so beautifully shot and the writing is top notch. I watched it again last night, it just takes my breath away.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Best movie intro ever . . .

[video]http://www.tcm.com/mediaroom/video/1198105/Life-And-Times-Of-Judge-Roy-Bean-The-Movie-Clip-The-Original-Bad-Bob.html[/video]

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900 / Garrett PropointerAT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The name didn't fit the movie.

Clay Slayer

Jan 4, 2011
Cajun Country
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800,
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I tried to watch it last week, but I couldn't make it past maybe 10 minutes...just not my thing.:laughing7:

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I Thought it was a ok movie. I loved the old trappers people are like ferrets theory.

Holyground

May 17, 2014
Not in the can
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT GOLD, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I loved it! That ole Cow-Poke was one slick cat but, there's always someone faster.

Junkironkid

Mar 23, 2012
MS
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I liked the first part. The guy in white was fast on the draw huh. That was the funniest skit I believe. After that it seemed to go downhill. Just my 2 cents.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the warnings lol

firemanphob

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2018
Lanesville, IN
Detector(s) used
White Coin master 4000
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I though some of the stories were very good and some not so. Have to take the bad with the good I guess.

bayhawk2

Jan 14, 2014
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400-Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
"The Ballad of Buster Scruggs"
I watched it before I saw this thread.According to the individual watcher,but I thought it to be
funny.Some take life to seriously and need to let it go.My wife would hate it.I didn't think much of
one or two stories,but all in all?A 6 out of ten.Worth the watch and the gold panning guy came out
with the big 'Mr. Pocket" of gold.

EdHartzel

Jun 12, 2018
Bucks County PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett GTI 2500, JW Fisher Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great series of stories! I enjoyed the first, and the one about panning the most. The others are amazingly done even though not my cup of coffee. Cohen Brothers amaze me again.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread