So, Pepsi or Coke and does it make a difference which one?

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I was sitting at Wal Mart waiting on my wife, Wally World is the big thing in a smallish town like ours. There is a beat up truck across from me with someone waiting as well in the driver's side. After a bit, a young man comes out with a bag that has obviously a 2 liter Coke in it. This guy looks, well, kind of like what you would expect a homeless person to maybe wear. His hair looks like it really needs to be washed as do his clothes but it is what it is and I am just watching people come and go.

He gets in the truck and I suddenly hear some loud cussing and the driver's door jerks open. The driver, I can only guess is his mother, gets out and man is she rough looking, worse than "Throw Momma from the Train " looking. She also looks like she can body slam me with no effort. Now she has a cane in her hand but she ain't needing it right now as she whips around the truck and jerks his door open. The man gets jerked out and she begins smacking him around hard and I can hear her saying something to the effect, "I told you Pepsi you xxxxxx idiot!" "Now take that back and get my Pepsi!" The young man takes off running with the Coke and goes inside. I now can hear the woman muttering angrily as she walks back around, using her cane of course and gets back in. A little bit later, I see him walking out with the Pepsi and she starts up the truck. The truck smokes badly of course and clatters something fierce as she backs up and takes off without looking. All I can think of is how glad I am that she wasn't my mother. Meanwhile visions of Danny Devito and Billy Crystal on the train keep popping up. I guess that she really liked Pepsi and hated Coke. I tend to lean to the Pepsi too but it isn't quite that important to me. So which do You prefer? Oh, Dr Pepper? DL

I have always said that a trip to Wally World is sorta like a Sociology class. Like Forest Gump said: "You never know what your gonna get.........or see" Lol

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
when I was growing up people swore the small cokes in green glass bottles tasted better than the cokes in the tall green glass bottles. Small ones cost a dime and large bottles cost 15 cents. Later in life a college professor who consulted with Coke Cola told the class the formula was the same. Coke offered two sizes just because some wanted to buy more coke than in the smaller bottle. But I am telling you back in the day people in the south were firmly convinced the smaller bottle tasted better. Maybe they thought coke just watered down the big bottle. Now don't get me started on moon pies.

I remember that growing up in Georgia. As far as moon pies, I was always partial to Bonanna moon pies. The chocolate ones always seemed to melt in your hands and not in your mouth.

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have always said that a trip to Wally World is sorta like a Sociology class. Like Forest Gump said: "You never know what your gonna get.........or see" Lol

When you tire of that, the best place to see vehicular mishaps is any large public boat ramp. I could launch or retrieve my 19' boat without a power winch and on a bunk trailer in a matter of minutes, considerate to others in line. But seeing others launch their boats on the concrete, or launching their entire rig, is amazing. I help folks out, but its a little late when the only part above water is the tip of the truck antenna.

Joseph08

Nov 19, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, pepsi is a bit more sweet. Though both of them are not good for health.

Holyground

May 17, 2014
Not in the can
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT GOLD, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was sitting at Wal Mart waiting on my wife, Wally World is the big thing in a smallish town like ours. There is a beat up truck across from me with someone waiting as well in the driver's side. After a bit, a young man comes out with a bag that has obviously a 2 liter Coke in it. This guy looks, well, kind of like what you would expect a homeless person to maybe wear. His hair looks like it really needs to be washed as do his clothes but it is what it is and I am just watching people come and go.

He gets in the truck and I suddenly hear some loud cussing and the driver's door jerks open. The driver, I can only guess is his mother, gets out and man is she rough looking, worse than "Throw Momma from the Train " looking. She also looks like she can body slam me with no effort. Now she has a cane in her hand but she ain't needing it right now as she whips around the truck and jerks his door open. The man gets jerked out and she begins smacking him around hard and I can hear her saying something to the effect, "I told you Pepsi you xxxxxx idiot!" "Now take that back and get my Pepsi!" The young man takes off running with the Coke and goes inside. I now can hear the woman muttering angrily as she walks back around, using her cane of course and gets back in. A little bit later, I see him walking out with the Pepsi and she starts up the truck. The truck smokes badly of course and clatters something fierce as she backs up and takes off without looking. All I can think of is how glad I am that she wasn't my mother. Meanwhile visions of Danny Devito and Billy Crystal on the train keep popping up. I guess that she really liked Pepsi and hated Coke. I tend to lean to the Pepsi too but it isn't quite that important to me. So which do You prefer? Oh, Dr Pepper? DL

She has discriminating taste.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pepsi for those who think young, Coke, it's the real thing, Dr. Pepper so misunderstood. Which I preferred would be a question you would have to ask me back in the sixties, cause they don't taste the same these days. I always liked RC Cola. But you throw a handful of peanuts in any of them and they're all pretty good.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reading labels is not my pastime but, recently I checked out a can of Campbell's Mushroom Soup - it shows MSG and on some cans in Another Location it tells you that Genetically Modified Crops are used. Amazing what these companies have us eating! Do they care?..............63bkpkr

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Reading labels is not my pastime but, recently I checked out a can of Campbell's Mushroom Soup - it shows MSG and on some cans in Another Location it tells you that Genetically Modified Crops are used. Amazing what these companies have us eating! Do they care?..............63bkpkr
Well, of course they care!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread