Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I am one of those few lucky guys that has a wife that doesn't like big rings or any that stick up very high. She likes low profile rings that don't hang on everything. She has worn the very first silver ring that I ever found, a simple one with floral designs in it and loves it. So when she found a gold ring detecting last late spring that she really liked, I knew that I would have to get it resized for her. This was a ring made in the 50s , 10k P THL, I first though that the P stood for plated but it does not. The P means Plum, it is guaranteed to be 10K or greater. The maker was Samuel Aaron and it has several diamond chips in it. I surprised her when we stopped at the jewelry shop and I pulled out her ring to be sized. She is very excited to be able to wear this ring and I am very happy as it will cost me maybe $40 to make her very happy. And just before Christmas, perfect timing! We are in a very cool sport or hobby that has potential for very cool finds, gotta love it!

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That’s great. I have a few rings I found that I had resized and there is just something special about wearing them. Brings back the thrill of finding something that looks so good on your finger. Congrats to the wife.

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900 / Garrett PropointerAT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You did a good thing, and trust me it will go a long way toward getting permission to dig from her in the future.

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You did a good thing, and trust me it will go a long way toward getting permission to dig from her in the future.

permission to dig from her? if she is home and able and she knows that I am planning to go, she is already talking smack and gathering up her stuff to go. She still works (Special needs at high school) and she still gets envious of the pics I send her.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread