Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: Sending in my coins

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    WP

Mar 2014
    Dallas,GA
    CZ6A
    5398 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Back-of-the-boat View Post
    I agree with Nitric the coin has like super glue on it or some other type of glue that took the impression of another coin and looks like a turned re stamping of the coin.IMO
    This sticks out to me....When I was 11 or 12 my Great grandfather gave me a coin collection. I dug out the baking soda polished them up "Real Nice", and glued them to a piece of cardboard to take them to show and tell at school. To this day that shiny 1867 indian with full detail and glue all over the back turns my stomach!!! Along with all the others that have glue on them.. But the 1867 would be worth the most if it wouldn't have been ground away with backing soda and glued.

Charter Member
    us
    Coin Rescue Tech

Jun 2014
    Northern O-H-I-O
    F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & an F2 (loaner)
    16371 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    All pics are of a Lincoln Memorial cent. These were first minted in 1959. Sorry to say, I do not see how you could see an 1820 date on a Lincoln Memorial cent.
    Last edited by Loco-Digger; Nov 26, 2018 at 02:35 AM.
    SD51 and Joe-Dirt like this.
    Rescuing Coins 1 Beep at a time

Charter Member
    us
    Coin Rescue Tech

Jun 2014
    Northern O-H-I-O
    F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & an F2 (loaner)
    16371 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitric View Post
    The coin in post number #8 has glue or something on it. It's a penny with glue on it? Or am I missing what your trying to show?
    Quote Originally Posted by Back-of-the-boat View Post
    I agree with Nitric the coin has like super glue on it or some other type of glue that took the impression of another coin and looks like a turned re stamping of the coin.IMO
    Guys, The one you think is glue is actually the Lincoln Memorial from the other side of the coin being double stamped over Lincoln's head. Both coins are mint errors in my opinion.
    Nitric likes this.
    Rescuing Coins 1 Beep at a time

us
    Dec 2006
    NEPA
    Tejon, Cibola, T2
    723 times
    This coin was posted on a coin collecting site and one of the country's top error experts, who also authenticates errors for pcgs, has said it is just glue. The only other alternative would be to send it to one of the big three grading, authenticating services. These are ANACS, NGC and PCGS. I think PCGS you have to be a member or have a member dealer submit it. It will cost money, but it is pretty much the only way to go after one of the most esteemed experts has already given his opinion. No harassment, but if you are convinced it is something worthwhile, you are just going to have to send it to one of the big three graders.
    Last edited by l.cutler; Nov 26, 2018 at 04:31 PM.
    SD51 likes this.

Aug 2012
    RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
    7572 times
    looks to me as two coins where glued together, then separated and the imprint remained on the glue or acrylic.

I would say throw it under a black light, if that stuff glows then it surely is not a mark error.
    Quote Originally Posted by G.I.B. View Post
    I'm not an Idiot Whisperer. I can't help you any further with the math.

us
    Mar 2015
    Bodymore, Metalland
    Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
    914 times
    Yup looks like two pennies were glued together and one was removed. Its a shame because now its lost half its value lol. One could spend some cash to get it examined or just have our collective experience of examining millions of coins help them. I think you should send it in to be graded. Joking.
    Oddjob and SD51 like this.

us
    Jan 2016
    South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
    F2
    1513 times
    Prospecting
    Glue.
    SD51 likes this.

Sep 2013
    New England
    Garrett AT Pro; F75
    845 times
    Are we being punked with this thread?
    Nitric and Joe-Dirt like this.

Jun 2012
    Oklahoma
    230 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitric View Post
    The coin in post number #8 has glue or something on it. It's a penny with glue on it? Or am I missing what your trying to show?
    No, you're not missing anything. But you may be accused of harassment now.
    Oddjob and Nitric like this.

Jun 2007
    Minnesota
    Tiger Shark, Xterra 705
    2834 times
    Looks more to me like it went through a penny press machine that wasn’t quite working to there is only a partial imprint. Maybe there was goo that stuck on the penny.
    I'm a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it”

Thomas Jefferson

Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2017
    Western ny
    equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
    3785 times
    if you look closely you can clearly see its a clear glue on the surface of the coin......Worth exactly one penny.

us
    Jan 2018
    North Atlanta
    Equinox 800, 6" coil, ProFind-35 pinpointer, sold: AT Pro with stock coil, Nel Thunder, Garrett 5" x 8" coil, Garrett Carrot.
    487 times
    Relic Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by jailedLincon87 View Post
    ok fellow memberins, I need some help, maybe some direction on who to send my coins to,, im ready and waiting,, thank you
    does not want to send off to a legit grading company? Brand new member! sounds like he is trying to scam someone. This is not the best forum to try to do that. I have seen more than a few scams on this and other metal detecting forums. The common denominator is almost always a brand new member who just signed up.

Rarely will you see any member who has been on here for a year or more and is active in posting and replying trying to scam any other members. First we would not try to scam people and we also know there are some very experienced member who can spot a scam a mile away.
    Last edited by pulltabfelix; Nov 27, 2018 at 08:54 AM. Reason: update

Charter Member
    us
    WP

Mar 2014
    Dallas,GA
    CZ6A
    5398 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Loco-Digger View Post
    Guys, The one you think is glue is actually the Lincoln Memorial from the other side of the coin being double stamped over Lincoln's head. Both coins are mint errors in my opinion.
    My bad! I missed that.

Too much!!
    Last edited by Nitric; Nov 26, 2018 at 11:25 PM.

us
    Dec 2006
    NEPA
    Tejon, Cibola, T2
    723 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Loco-Digger View Post
    If you look, the lettering from the second impression is reversed, this means it was not struck from the die. If it was struck from the die it would be normal. The impression from another coin makes a reverse impression as in this case. The second coin made an impression in the glue.

Jun 2012
    Oklahoma
    230 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jailedLincon87 View Post
    i will post it in this thread, i have already tried a post,, they think im crazy or its a fake,, this is not something u can tell over a clear picture as i am having to use reverse imaging to pull out whats behind the scenes, if someone has a interest in helping me u can personally message me, thisguygoesgreen@gmail,, i can explain my side and show several pics i have gotten enough bs from here... instead of being encouraged i was just harassed.Attachment 1655176 but here it is
    On one of your earlier threads(about this coin), I told you that I came to one of the coin websites with a similar coin when I first became interested in coins. But I didn't have near as good of a picture. The picture you have (above) is better than what I could see with my coin in-hand. Look at Lincoln's shoulder. You can very clearly see that there is some kind of substance ABOVE one of the high points of the coin (his shoulder). If you simply ran your fingernail across it, it would probably start to peel off.

I believe you're being honest and not trying to rip anyone off. Otherwise, you wouldn't have posted the picture above. I hope you're not just trolling. Try one of the many tests that have been suggested to you. Soak the coin. Run your fingernail across the coin. There's no shame in being wrong....it's normal for people who are new to coins. Trust me, I've been there.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links