SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sending them in to be graded? Sending them in to be melted down? Or just cashing in clad? More info needed.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, the subject needs to be narrowed.

OP
OP
J

jailedLincon87

Nov 13, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
im new to sending coins, a few dozen that need checked and verified so can be auctioned.. also have a unknown coin that need a serious lookover,, im assuming i need a appraisal and grading, however people do it to make fat cash ..:)

OP
OP
J

jailedLincon87

Nov 13, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i could possibly be sitting on something crazy,, something someone was hiding , im not sure,, where does one go to find this stuff out,,

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Take good photos of coins in question and you may get some good answers here. Only send in to someone that you know or has a good reputation.

OP
OP
J

jailedLincon87

Nov 13, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i will post it in this thread, i have already tried a post,, they think im crazy or its a fake,, this is not something u can tell over a clear picture as i am having to use reverse imaging to pull out whats behind the scenes, if someone has a interest in helping me u can personally message me, thisguygoesgreen@gmail,, i can explain my side and show several pics i have gotten enough bs from here... instead of being encouraged i was just harassed. DSC01612.JPG DSC01615.JPG but here it is

OP
OP
J

jailedLincon87

Nov 13, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BeFunky-layer (3) (1).png this is whats under the curtin but i cant make it out, i will continue to try

OP
OP
J

jailedLincon87

Nov 13, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
is there anyone other than pcgs?? i really dont want to send this out , if its real than its rare and thats how accidents occur, i have a few other coins to send to pcsg tho, ill look into them

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The coin in post number #8 has glue or something on it. It's a penny with glue on it? Or am I missing what your trying to show?

galenrog

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2006
He has been advised of this on other threads. To my knowledge, he has not yet followed additional advice given and allowed a qualified professional to examine it. Perhaps he eventually will.

Time for more coffee.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with Nitric the coin has like super glue on it or some other type of glue that took the impression of another coin and looks like a turned re stamping of the coin.IMO

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with Nitric the coin has like super glue on it or some other type of glue that took the impression of another coin and looks like a turned re stamping of the coin.IMO

This sticks out to me....When I was 11 or 12 my Great grandfather gave me a coin collection. I dug out the baking soda polished them up "Real Nice", and glued them to a piece of cardboard to take them to show and tell at school. To this day that shiny 1867 indian with full detail and glue all over the back turns my stomach!!! :BangHead: Along with all the others that have glue on them.. But the 1867 would be worth the most if it wouldn't have been ground away with backing soda and glued.:laughing7:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
All pics are of a Lincoln Memorial cent. These were first minted in 1959. Sorry to say, I do not see how you could see an 1820 date on a Lincoln Memorial cent.

Last edited:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The coin in post number #8 has glue or something on it. It's a penny with glue on it? Or am I missing what your trying to show?

Guys, The one you think is glue is actually the Lincoln Memorial from the other side of the coin being double stamped over Lincoln's head. Both coins are mint errors in my opinion.

l.cutler

Silver Member
Dec 2, 2006
NEPA
Detector(s) used
Tejon, Cibola, T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This coin was posted on a coin collecting site and one of the country's top error experts, who also authenticates errors for pcgs, has said it is just glue. The only other alternative would be to send it to one of the big three grading, authenticating services. These are ANACS, NGC and PCGS. I think PCGS you have to be a member or have a member dealer submit it. It will cost money, but it is pretty much the only way to go after one of the most esteemed experts has already given his opinion. No harassment, but if you are convinced it is something worthwhile, you are just going to have to send it to one of the big three graders.

Last edited:

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
looks to me as two coins where glued together, then separated and the imprint remained on the glue or acrylic.

I would say throw it under a black light, if that stuff glows then it surely is not a mark error.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread