MUSHROOMS

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on
i dont know what it is ? the older i get ? the more i fell like a mushroom. i cant get a direct answer ? the doctors take my money and i feel worse. the lawyers take my money and leave me in limbo. and my life is in the gutter. am i the only one that experiences this ? what do do now ? i cant even deal with life. i wonder if there are other life forms in the galaxy...............beyond ? maybe they would be easier to live with ? i hate the holidays i wonder what they celebrate ?

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check out coast to coast am I bet you would love it. Tommy

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep metal detecting. That’s all that matters. I always feel better when I’m out detecting.

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
th md.jpg

Holyground

May 17, 2014
Not in the can
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT GOLD, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is only one thing that cures my blues, that's sleeping on the ground for at least a week, way the hell out in the Wilderness.

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Feeling like a mushroom is not necessarily a bad thing. I can think of much worse..
Mushroom.jpg

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 PowerMaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a lot of stuff to be carrying around. Can you afford to talk to a therapist, or do you have a good friend or pastor who is a good listener? Maybe they can help you try to deal with one thing at a time. As for the doctors, they have basically been taught to deal with symptoms with drugs, rather than getting to the source of the problem. Western medicine is a bit archaic, despite advances in technology. If you are concerned about your health, it is best to educate yourself. I love Dr. Bergman and Dr. Berg on YouTube.
Good luck.

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
its more complicated tan that. you just cant relate.u just cant.
i

How is it more complicated?
First, I would suggest you take charge of your health. You are the only one who is responsible for that. Try taking T.C. Clarke's liquid essential vitamins and their minerals to start. I will PM you the link to these on Amazon. That is a good place to start as you may feel so due to lack of these things.
Why couldn't people relate? People post only the good stuff in their lives on here,fb, and elsewhere usually, and you might naturally think your life sucks by comparision. But everyone else is not living perfect fabulous lives.
People just post the good things. You may never know what sort of hardship they do not talk about.
Life can overwhelm us if we let it. Don't fixate on the forest- look at the little thing you can do now. By starting with each component of your problems and fixing what you can, you can start to make headway.
Whatever problems you have there are others who have been there.
Embrace Christmas. Set up a tree and string lights. Buy your pet presents to open. Tune your radio to one of those stations that play holiday music 24-7. This is what I do cause my family has mostly started treating Christmas as just another day.
If you want to PM me and talk specifically about your problems feel free. I might be able to suggest things I've learned which helped, even though my life has been sooo perfect :laughing9:
If creatures who can do star travel show up we would be as pets to them at best, and at worst they might wipe us out or enslave us to take our resources. So no anime space girl for me, I guess.
Your life is your canvas. You are free to create whatever art of it you wish (keeping an eye on the police patrols of course).
Do something you enjoy every day.

Last edited:

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sorry that you are suffering. IMO, there are so many distractions and temptations and they can be overwhelming at times. Have you found something in the past that brought you some solace and clarity at times like this? When I was in college over 4 decades ago, I paid for it myself by working too much. And I was involved in many activities and always took on an excess class workload because I viewed additional courses to be free once full-time status was met. And I would not accept less than the best performance. An A was not good enough if another student got a higher A. The result was overwhelming and exhausting, both physically and emotionally. There were times when I just had to recharge my spirit. For me, that was a walk on a wild New England beach in foul and/or windy winter weather. Not only did it sustain me spiritually, but with sustenance because so much shellfish washed ashore as a gift to me.

Now that I'm older and retired, even with too many hobbies, I still like to return to simplicity. Sometimes reading a book by the fire, with a cat in my lap, in my favorite chair is enough. Other times, playing and laughing and being silly with my grandson does it. I don't always feel like giving blood to the Red Cross, but doing something for someone else is important, and I have been donating blood since 1975. Do you like the company of animals? Have you considered volunteering at an animal shelter. Every one near me needs more volunteers to feed, walk, clean up and comfort dogs and cats.

There are kind people here on Tnet, but few of us are professionals who might be able to help you. And none of us can know what you are going through. I hope you can find peace. And I hope it helps that there are people here who care enough to respond - even though we really don't know. Please don't be afraid to seek out a professional.

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Don't sweat the small stuff.If you're overwhelmed by the problems you discribed,how will you handle it if something drastic happens.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread