Buying a Hookha system

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
get a battery powered one. Wind shifts can cause carbon monoxide to be blown into your intake. I have a Gator Gill It is a pretty decent one
I also have a spray bottle filled with mouth wash and spray mouth pieces before and after uses
Good luck keep us posted

PetesPockets55

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2013
Indian River Co., Fl
Detector(s) used
AT MAX & Carrot, Nokta Pulse Dice (:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a friend with a "two hose" setup for two users at once.
But he added a reservoir before the split to avoid either of the users from sucking the line empty and making the other user panic.
Can't remember if he made his or if it is commercially available.

Basically consisted of a 4' piece of 4" PVC pipe with a cap on either end. A single quick release was on the "entry" end and two quick release connections were on the divers side. Worked very well up to about 30'

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have set aside $1000.00 for a Hookha system any suggestions?:dontknow: me

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...ems-in-2017/&usg=AOvVaw1jbiTygbFQywZzRyA2phvq

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...Systems.html&usg=AOvVaw1L5f1h4dcypYkUeY9J68uu

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...byjsink.com/&usg=AOvVaw1cQH5QuEwTmH--45XGH4j6

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...tional.shtml&usg=AOvVaw3LsN9G4wzMJ23jVXu_yXHj

I'm sure there are more online, and youtube has lots of vids on these machines. I want to suggest learning scuba safety procedures also even tho you are tankless.
Hope this helps,
Jon

Harvest

Apr 6, 2008
Daytona Beach, Fl.
Detector(s) used
Whites SL90, Surf PI, Minelab Excalibur 800
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I have used a hookah rig now for about 15 years it is called Airline by J. Sink I believe he’s in Ocalla Florida that unit is the best
I have had no problems with that in all these years top quality unit on the other spectrum stay away from brownies third one it’s a deathtrap, from experience hope this helps you PM me if you need More info. Pay a little extra ,it’s your life

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have used a hookah rig now for about 15 years it is called Airline by J. Sink I believe he’s in Ocalla Florida that unit is the best
I have had no problems with that in all these years top quality unit on the other spectrum stay away from brownies third one it’s a deathtrap, from experience hope this helps you PM me if you need More info. Pay a little extra ,it’s your life

?

Brownie is the leader in third lung tech.

Also... I have used compressors of all types for eons... and downgraded to a 285x which has been pounded in hours over 10 years now... with one cup / reed replace.

2 diver's @ 133 foot stretch.

Brownie's Marine Group is the world's leader of surface supplied air diving systems.

So why would you make a statement of "deathtrap"... ?

O am curious... What do you base this on ?

My Brownie has been a loyal comp... and I would not even consider another compressor.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Are we talking two different devices here :icon_scratch: ???

Hookah smoking caterpillar?

Last edited:

Harvest

Apr 6, 2008
Daytona Beach, Fl.
Detector(s) used
Whites SL90, Surf PI, Minelab Excalibur 800
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
The Brownie's Third Lung cooling ventilation system is very bad and has 1 1/2 inch space between the motor and the housing the airline has over two and a half inch also it uses a Thomas wobble piston compressor, brownies uses a Chinese piston brownies construction .is questionable. Just. Compare them side by side.
Thanks .and Happy New year, Harvest

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are we talking two different devices here :icon_scratch: ???

Hookah smoking caterpillar?

:laughing7: I thought the same thing! ...........I just learned something new from following the links above...I thought "Dang!! A grand set aside just to smoke?":laughing7:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Brownie's Third Lung cooling ventilation system is very bad and has 1 1/2 inch space between the motor and the housing the airline has over two and a half inch also it uses a Thomas wobble piston compressor, brownies uses a Chinese piston brownies construction .is questionable. Just. Compare them side by side.
Thanks .and Happy New year, Harvest

I don't know where you get your info...

"Thomas and others utilize traditional uncoated aluminum, painted metal parts and iron/steel crank eccentric materials with typical industrial grade petroleum greased bearings"

Browning uses stainless MADE IN AMERCA PARTS,,, EVEN down to the stainless reeds.

I am now convinced you either have a stake in Thomas or you have been severally misinformed. Either way you should speak truths.

"low RPM compressor speed equals longer life, less noise, lower heat factors and all around more pleasant diving than high-speed low-cost air compressors"

Last edited:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BTW folks... the "Thomas" comp mentioned does not even make the top 5 list of 2018.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread