Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree106Likes

Thread: Do You Use BELTS/POUCHES or VESTS?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    au
    Sep 2004
    Eaglehawk
    GPX
    680 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (4)
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrel322 View Post
    I wear a hoody most of the time I detect. The belly pocket is like the Swiss Army knife of pockets, its all I need.

Occasionally I will wear a finds pouch.....
    Hi , Great only take what you really need , the less the better. Your on my team .TP
    Kace, Hawks88 and sonofdust like this.

us
    Kace

Aug 2017
    MOx2--KS
    Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones, Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones, Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe. GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
    3089 times
    Metal Detecting, Relic and Artifact Hunting, Prohibition Era and Civil War Era Cache Hunting.
    Quote Originally Posted by lairmo View Post
    We need a pic of your "get-up" Kace...all put together...I myself just use a leather nail/tool pouch and everything attaches to it...
    I'll put them up, I want to show the lights on the detectors for low light/night detecting too. I'll try and take that soon and get it up.

My stuff is multi use...I do turkey hunt and fly fish and saw how easy it made detecting for me to have dual uses in the vests...after reading all the comments I'm definitely in the minority! lol!

I haven't bought a 'summer size' vest for detecting... mine go over fall and winter clothing, but they work fine, just kinda big, but since I carry when detecting the larger size conceals it better.

Thanks for everyone's responses....I appreciate it!

Here's a pic of the Panther Button Lights I was talking about...they can be bought in larger quantities to put just about anywhere, great for power outages too and Waterproof!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3304.PNG 
Views:	28 
Size:	3.65 MB 
ID:	1656492

Kace
    lairmo likes this.

us
    Nov 2015
    Western USA
    Garrett AT Gold, AT Max, AT Pro, Ace 350, GTI-2500, Sea Hunter MKII, Infinium LS, Scorpion GS, Pro-Pointer AT, Fisher F75 LTD2, Gold Bug 2, F-Pulse, Whites TM-808, Schonstedt Maggie, Falcon MD20
    420 times
    For everyday general detecting I wear a couple of belts and pouches, as it helps to distribute things. I carry one setup that has a couple of water bottles and a pouch for my keys wallet, and phone, then I have my Garrett diggers pouch with my pin-pointer attached, and a small tool carrier that holds my Lesche digging tool, a screwdriver (aka old-school shallow clad popper), and a small flashlight. In my car I keep a bag with spare batteries for my detector and pin-pointer, a Swiss Army knife, spare gloves, spare coil hardware, spare strap for my knee pads, generic Tylenol, sunscreen, bug repellent, hand-sanitizer, and a magnifying glass.

I also have a photographers vest that I wear when out in the gold fields, relic detecting, or for many cache hunts. That has a compact pair of binoculars in it, along with a treasure signs and symbols pocketbook, compass, map of the area, pen and note pad, whistle, signalling mirror, magnesium fire starter, space blanket, cleaning rag, spare batteries, headlamp, camera, plastic gold vile, plastic tweezers, and anything that I need/want that is specific to that hunt.
    Last edited by cactusman; Dec 01, 2018 at 10:18 PM.
    Hawks88 and Kace like this.
    Money may not grow on trees, but it's often found under them!

Jan 2006
    196 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DeepseekerADS View Post
    For dirt digging I use this:

Attachment 1656114

Simple and easy to manipulate during digs.

For Water Hunting I use this:

Attachment 1656115

Inexpensive, but finished my 2nd year with and believe I'll be purchasing another just like it following my 3rd year with it.

I use the coin elite pouch like yours. One of the best size and functional pouchs I have seen. It's a very well built bag to. For anyone looking do a search for coin elite detecting pouch on E Bay and they will pop up.

(See Pic's) My pouch is pretty clean because I take the time to blow it of with my air compressor after every hunt. This has kept the pouch in like new shape. As said it is a well built pouch.

All The Best,
    Bill G
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3306.JPG 
Views:	24 
Size:	928.8 KB 
ID:	1656910   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3305.JPG 
Views:	24 
Size:	653.2 KB 
ID:	1656911  
    Last edited by Bill G; Dec 02, 2018 at 01:29 PM.
    Loco-Digger, Hawks88 and Kace like this.
    Every find is a good find, some are just Great........

us
    Aug 2007
    Western New York
    CTX-3030, Equinox 800
    2709 times
    This is what I use. I love it! Works very well for me.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20181202_104527.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	3.73 MB 
ID:	1656915
    Loco-Digger and Kace like this.

WhyMe

CTX-3030, Equinox 800

Charter Member
    us
    Bob

Jan 2018
    Central Massachusetts
    Garrett AT pro, Garrett AT Max, Garrett carrot, Detech 15x12, 4.5 SS and a couple of shovels
    1075 times
    Relic Hunting
    I wear the Garrett bag with the belt, but I put my Lesch tool on my real leather belt and wear my pin pointer like a Texas jock strap holster most of the time so I don’t have to look behind me to find it, however, I am getting a heavy duty canvas back pack for Christmas for the rest of the s*** I find necessary to haul out there like batteries, a wide selection of coils, gloves, water, wireless head phones, granola bars, tooth brush, clean towel or 2, back up ball cap, medication (keeps the voices out of my headphones)uh, that’s about it. But next year I plan on carrying a heavy duty haversack type bag with a shoulder sling (man purse?) for sharp can slaw and other busted up crap I’ll haul out and throw away.
    Loco-Digger, Hawks88 and Kace like this.

us
    Executive Director of Nothing

May 2014
    Not in the can
    Garrett AT GOLD, Garrett ATX
    501 times
    I hide everything in my underwears.
    Joe-Dirt and Hawks88 like this.
    The following is the opinion of the writer and if you don't like it you can stick it.

Charter Member
    us
    Coin Rescue Tech

Jun 2014
    Northern O-H-I-O
    F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & an F2 (loaner)
    16371 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Holyground View Post
    I hide everything in my underwears.
    I hope people don;t think you are continually playing with yourself when you dig in your BVDs for your pinpointer.
    Joe-Dirt, Hawks88 and Kace like this.
    Rescuing Coins 1 Beep at a time

us
    Aug 2007
    Western New York
    CTX-3030, Equinox 800
    2709 times
    I can't believe you guys use those little finds bags! I fill my big pouch with junk in less than an hour! Where do you guys put your junk?
    Ogre1190, Bill G, Joe-Dirt and 1 others like this.

WhyMe

CTX-3030, Equinox 800

Jan 2006
    196 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Whyme View Post
    I can't believe you guys use those little finds bags! I fill my big pouch with junk in less than an hour! Where do you guys put your junk?
    I also use this the Relic Elite pouch. It is bigger than my Coin Elite bag I posted pic's of above. It is quite a bit bigger. It really depends on where I am hunting.

All The Best,
    Bill G
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Hawks88 and Kace like this.
    Every find is a good find, some are just Great........

au
    Sep 2004
    Eaglehawk
    GPX
    680 times
    Banner Finds (4)
    Hi Kangaroo pouch tanned or a scottish sporran when got your tartan kilt on. Found a nice Scottish Caledonia Society Sporran Badge the other day circa 1880. I am thinking sites not what type of purse goes with my coil . TP
    Joe-Dirt and Kace like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Coin Rescue Tech

Jun 2014
    Northern O-H-I-O
    F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & an F2 (loaner)
    16371 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whyme View Post
    I take a 5 gallon bucket for the trash if I am in the field or woods. Most other places I hunt have trash cans around or my vehicle is close enough to unload as often as necessary.
    Rescuing Coins 1 Beep at a time

Charter Member

Nov 2017
    Missouri
    Minelab CTX 3030 F75 Minelab Sovereign GT Troy Shadow X5 Fisher 1266X Garrett Freedom 2 Garrett Deepseeker ADS ll Garrett Deepseeker TR/VLF D-Tex RS 200 Garrett Groundhog TR/VLF A.H. Pro
    122 times
    Relic Hunting
    I like the Park Ranger bag I bought from Freeloader on TNET. I carry everything I need in it.Garrett pinpointer Lesch digging tool, couple of empty pill bottles all fit in the pouch. I wear it on a tool belt with a Lesch shovel hanger.

If I'm using my 17' I transfer it all to the Pro Swing belt.
    Hawks88, Bill G and Kace like this.

ca
    Hawks88

Aug 2012
    Niagara falls
    Equinox 600, fisher gold bug pro.
    5027 times
    Minelab vest for phone, small loop, cleaning cloth and special finds. The vest has many different size zippered pockets so when I’m in the water nothing falls out and everything keeps dry. Pouch for trash, seperate pinpoint holder, and seperate sheath for knife or digger.

Charter Member
    us
    Oct 2014
    Massachusetts
    Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II, Quattro & X-terra 705; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i & DFX
    16469 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (2)
    I use all three (belts/pouches/vests), but does depend on where I'm hunting. Open farm fields, just a Garrett pouch(s). In play areas a belt with my digger on it and a few other things, plus a Garrett pouch. When I'm working an area for a client, I include the vest that can carry all of my documentation tools (pens, GPS, tape measure...etc.).
    Kace and Loco-Digger like this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links