Do You Use BELTS/POUCHES or VESTS?

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
I was just wondering about this...I primarily use Fly Fishing or Turkey Hunting Vests while Detecting. I have the belts and pouches but Vests to me have Everything I need in a much more comfortable and a place for everything set up and D Rings because I use lanyards on all my tools as to not forget them. I usually do put my digger on the belt, it's hooked to the lanyard on the belt though.

I also use retractable fly fishing tool spools for a loupe or magnifier that pin to the vest. Anyone else do this?

Using the Turkey Vest, the pocket that would hold a box call is perfect and secure for a pin pointer. Pockets galore for bottles and smalls and the back is great for trash.

I hunt a lot of low light areas and even though I have a hat with lights in the bill of it... I use the Panther Button Lamp (they come with great adhesion) on my Detector Box and on the hat I Velcro one to the underside of my hat bill for use while digging. These are Small But Super Bright! Great Stocking Stuffers. Anyone else use these?

Kace

Bronze Member
May 26, 2011
tujunga ca
Detector(s) used
xlt mxt gmz and now a gmt whites
i only take what will fit in my pockets,digger,screwdriver,pin pointer.bottle of water,anymore than that that i would just lose it.
brad

Last edited:

Mud Hut

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a belt with two bags and a pinpoiter holster. The muck I hunt in would ruin a nice vest.

Nick79

Jan 28, 2018
California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Garrett bag is working good for me.its on a belt and holds my whites knife and pun pointer

Slowtaknow

Oct 27, 2015
Kannapolis nc
Detector(s) used
Fisher f2, Tesoro vaquero, Nokta Simplex, Garrett Csi 250, whites gold master 2.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tool belt with it's own tool pouch and a nail pouch, sometimes i go with just the nail pouch though if i only carry a pinpointer and trowel. If i bring my shovel and handpick i need more room for hand tools. Depends on what you're doing that day. And where.

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
We need a pic of your "get-up" Kace...all put together...I myself just use a leather nail/tool pouch and everything attaches to it...

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
For dirt digging I use this:

Pouch.jpg

Simple and easy to manipulate during digs.

For Water Hunting I use this:

Water Pouch.jpg

Inexpensive, but finished my 2nd year with and believe I'll be purchasing another just like it following my 3rd year with it.

Coil-2-Soil

Mar 21, 2017
East Coast
Detector(s) used
3030 and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Been using the same .99 nail apron I got at Lowe’s hardware 3 years ago. One pocket for trash and the other for keepers. I use the holster the pinpointer came with. Works great so far.HH

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I mainly use a nail apron unless I gotta hike a ways, then I take my finds pouch.

1817ae14-243c-4ddc-bff2-e86c4fa49aea_400_compressed.jpg th (15).jpg

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Garrett Camp pouch is my standard, but I got the bomb sheath, fly fishing vest, and a stupid supply of multi pocketed cargo shorts courtesy of my employer.

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
i use a camouflage pack for my water,batteries,22 bullets,and radio. i carry a 22 six-shooter on my property around here and i use a fanny pack for my finds i'm asking for a new finds pouch for Christmas

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I use an apron that has three pockets and I have my small digger in a case on one side and my pinpointer in its case on the other side of the apron string.

Squirrel322

Silver Member
Jul 4, 2016
Central MI
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Equinox 800, Go-Find 66, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wear a hoody most of the time I detect. The belly pocket is like the Swiss Army knife of pockets, its all I need. :laughing7:

Occasionally I will wear a finds pouch.....

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a couple vests. One is blaze orange for the deer seasons I keep extra batteries for pinpointers (always carry 2) Couple of brushes. Water bottle, Lighted magnifying glass,cell phone, gps Rugger 380, note pad an d business cards

Arkie

Feb 16, 2017
NE Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Tejon, Lobo LST (2), Shadow X2, Bandido 2 Umax, Silver Sabre Umax, Mojave, XP Deus,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Been using the same .99 nail apron I got at Lowe’s hardware 3 years ago. One pocket for trash and the other for keepers. I use the holster the pinpointer came with. Works great so far.HH

Agree, I've tried almost all of the custom pouches but went back to the dollar nail apron and the bomb sheath combination digger/pin pointer I've used for years. I don't like extra weight of a side pouch getting in the way of my swing or just being in the way in general. Nor do I wear camo anything, in 20 years of hunting I've yet to spook a relic, they just stay where they are pretty much.

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wear a hoody most of the time I detect. The belly pocket is like the Swiss Army knife of pockets, its all I need. :laughing7:

Occasionally I will wear a finds pouch.....

Hi , Great only take what you really need , the less the better. Your on my team .TP

OP
OP
Kace

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
We need a pic of your "get-up" Kace...all put together...I myself just use a leather nail/tool pouch and everything attaches to it...

I'll put them up, I want to show the lights on the detectors for low light/night detecting too. I'll try and take that soon and get it up.

My stuff is multi use...I do turkey hunt and fly fish and saw how easy it made detecting for me to have dual uses in the vests...after reading all the comments I'm definitely in the minority! lol!

I haven't bought a 'summer size' vest for detecting... mine go over fall and winter clothing, but they work fine, just kinda big, but since I carry when detecting the larger size conceals it better.

Thanks for everyone's responses....I appreciate it!

Here's a pic of the Panther Button Lights I was talking about...they can be bought in larger quantities to put just about anywhere, great for power outages too and Waterproof!

IMG_3304.PNG

Kace

cactusman

Nov 15, 2015
Western USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, AT Max, AT Pro, Ace 350, GTI-2500, Infinium LS, Scorpion Gold Stinger, Pro-Pointer AT, Fisher F75 LTD2, Gold Bug 2, F-Pulse, Whites 24K, TM-808, Schonstedt Maggie, Falcon MD 20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For everyday general detecting I wear a couple of belts and pouches, as it helps to distribute things. I carry one setup that has a couple of water bottles and a pouch for my keys wallet, and phone, then I have my Garrett diggers pouch with my pin-pointer attached, and a small tool carrier that holds my Lesche digging tool, a screwdriver (aka old-school shallow clad popper), and a small flashlight. In my car I keep a bag with spare batteries for my detector and pin-pointer, a Swiss Army knife, spare gloves, spare coil hardware, spare strap for my knee pads, generic Tylenol, sunscreen, bug repellent, hand-sanitizer, and a magnifying glass.

I also have a photographers vest that I wear when out in the gold fields, relic detecting, or for many cache hunts. That has a compact pair of binoculars in it, along with a treasure signs and symbols pocketbook, compass, map of the area, pen and note pad, whistle, signalling mirror, magnesium fire starter, space blanket, cleaning rag, spare batteries, headlamp, camera, plastic gold vile, plastic tweezers, and anything that I need/want that is specific to that hunt.

Last edited:

Bill G

Jan 8, 2006
For dirt digging I use this:

View attachment 1656114

Simple and easy to manipulate during digs.

For Water Hunting I use this:

View attachment 1656115

Inexpensive, but finished my 2nd year with and believe I'll be purchasing another just like it following my 3rd year with it.

I use the coin elite pouch like yours. One of the best size and functional pouchs I have seen. It's a very well built bag to. For anyone looking do a search for coin elite detecting pouch on E Bay and they will pop up.

(See Pic's) My pouch is pretty clean because I take the time to blow it of with my air compressor after every hunt. This has kept the pouch in like new shape. As said it is a well built pouch.

All The Best,
Bill G

Attachments

• IMG_3306.JPG
    IMG_3306.JPG
    528.1 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_3305.JPG
    IMG_3305.JPG
    368.5 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:

Whyme

Silver Member
Aug 22, 2007
Western New York
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is what I use. I love it! Works very well for me.

20181202_104527.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread