xcopperstax

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2018
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have an at max. I have borrowed a Nel coil that is a good deal larger than stock and I've been using it here and there. I don't have experience with the coils you speak of. Get ready to be tired. Though these larger coils feel pretty light the increased weight of them wears you out pretty quickly. Harnesses are a huge help from what I hear. I'd say take them to an area that you've hit with the stock coil and try each one out for a couple hours to see if they help find more stuff.

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31” Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other
I just got the Detech 12x15 for the reasons Xcopper mentioned and for my spring battlefield hunt. From what I’ve read, you do get better depth, but I have noticed that it is much heavier to swing. I also picked up the super sniper for some trashy areas I hit often. I’ll have the three in my back now so when conditions change, I can quickly adapt.

OP
OP
G

Gwc

Feb 17, 2016
Eastern Shore of Md
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for your reply.Thinking I'm gonna go with the Detech Ultimate 13" coil.Its bigger than stock but lighter than the 15" S.E.F. coil.Ill see how it does.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello Gwc,

Both Joe-Dirt and xcopperstax are correct about weight issues. To combat the weight issue with some of my big coils, I use a swing harness. With this device I can swing for 8 - 10 hours without being tired (well at least my arm and shoulder :headbang:)

Regards,

Doc

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You will lose depth on smaller targets and gain on larger ones don't use a big coil in trashy areas Trust me on this I have the max also call Garrett talk to there tech guys they are very very helpful and know there s>>>>>>>t

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread