SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that it's too cold (for me) to detect, it's officially POTHOLE Season here in Michigan. There is no special permit or license required to participate, so any and all, old or young drivers can enjoy the fun!

In-case you've never heard what this is, a pothole is a misunderstood phenomenon. Potholes form overnight and appear randomly on road surfaces this time of year. They resemble craters on the Moon's surface, but luckily, most of them aren't that deep. Scientists have studied the phenomenon for centuries and no one has been able to explain how they form and where did the material go that was removed from the road's surface! Potholes are not limited to just gravel roads. Asphalt roads are just as susceptible and quite often, the recently born asphalt pothole has been known to "take no prisoners" since they are quite difficult to observe while traveling at high speed.

I believe this short video about potholes was posted here on T-Net before, but I felt it necessary to re-post it to make any new T-Net members fully aware. Enjoy the video and make sure all family members are alerted.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very funny, thank you for sharing! :occasion14:

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I miss The Red Green show. Wish I could find re-runs - it would still be the best thing on tv.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
No phenomena at all.
It is poor quality construction of both road bed and the materials and process involved. And of course the contract requirement of material depth.
A favorite spot of contention for years was a spring trickling water on an interstate grade for example.

Always fun leaving Mi. to visit Canada ,(no ,not possum lodge ;but then not so far removed...) and the condition of roads there.
Blaming frost is a no sell to this lifelong resident of Mi. !

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is genuinely funny. Used to watch it too. If you have lived a patch-work existence before, it's even funnier. And he didn't say the F-word, not once. How is that possible, humor without the F-bomb?

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hear ya Steve does that mean your not gonna drive to A2 and detect some more with me lol Tommy I still go to the ARB in the winter woods are great for detecting

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Worry not! For, starting on Dec 6th, “pot-hole” revenue will soon be coming to fix those holes!

:tongue3:

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread