OP
OP
S

strike it rich

Jun 19, 2007
Detector(s) used
Treasure baron with Goldtrax
KINGPULLTAB said:
I hope this may help. If I'm hunting a play-ground I use the ace. If I'm hunting a volley ball court I use the ace. If I'm in a hurry I use the ace. That's not to say I don't re-hunt the same area with an SE or different machine. The ace will work in wet sand and I have found clad and jewelry at 6 inches plus. Its a simple machine that works well when use in the right situation. I have the good fortune to hunt a lot of different places all over the globe and I take the same 3 machines when I go and the ACE 250 is always with me. Go look at my Asian videos with crackbadger. Go to youtube.com, type in KINGPULLTAB and look at the first 2 videos then search under crackbadger or ace 250 and see the rest.

Hope this helps KINGPULLTAB
man you dudes are like living legends here in the uk yourself and crackbadger man you guys rock and Im talking serious megaband say like the beatles at thier height of popularity were for younger members of tnet duran duran or even younger members take that or even younger then that britney spears sorry dont know any more popular bands getting old like lenord says "When my friends are gone and my hair is grey and I ache in the places where I used to play" you get the picture you guys like ever detect in the Uk. I watch all your stuff love the honesty you guys tell it like it is and do you have a fanclub we could join.

DFXDon

Aug 27, 2007
West St. Paul Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision V3i, GMT, and X-Terra 705, Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really hate to say it but I found a Ace250 on Cregs list for 150 I called the guy and offered him 125 and he snapped it up the machine is still under Warrentee one year left.
I love this machine so much that my DFX just sets in the coroner of the shop when I go tecting This is one sweet deep hunting turn on and go machine. On more said get one you will like it.
DFXDon
::) ::) ::)

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I took one of my detectin' buds, Rodeo Recon, out to hunt some CW relics with me I felt a little scared that he would get skunked. He's been in the hobby for a little under a year under my guidance and with his Ace 250, and I've been at it over 15 years with my Fisher 1266-X. Simply put, the Ace held its own against experience and a more expensive machine--and he WASN'T hunting in pinpoint mode (I'm sure you all are familiar with this Ace 250 technique?? You want DEPTH--TRY IT!). Anyhow, he was digging minieballs at almost a foot deep with it--and I was stunned by this inexpensive little beauty of a machine. With the ACE, it seems that "depth" sort of depends on what signals you are willing to DIG and which ones you decide to IGNORE or NOTCH OUT.

Just my two cents,

Buckleboy

R

robert roy

The Ace 250 IS an entry level machine but because it does so much that the mid level and upper rage detectors do, people often discribe it as more than what it was marketed as. Yes, the Ace is an excellent machine but as many here have stated, the pinpointing takes some getting used to. It drove me crazy the first few weks out, but other people had NO problem pinpointing at all. That indicates that the end problem may be the used and his/her handeling the machine.

I use my MXT more now. Its considered a high end machine. The difference between the MXT and the Ace 250 is like night and day. The Ace ground balance is preset while I can adjust ground balance on my MXT. I have greater depth on the MXT, however, recently, a microwave wave dish and tower played havoc with my MXT it didn't seem to phase my Ace 250 at all, except for one time. I can prospect for gold with the MXT while the Ace is limited to the size of nugget it will pick up. It won't pick flower gold but the MXT will. The Ace wasn't intended as a prospecting machine, the MXT is a dual purpose machine and will pick up most gold. I have used the Ace and MXT in relic mode and prefer the MXT for that purpose. The VID seems more accurate. I have gone back over areas where I had used the Ace 250, with my MXT and picked up the coins I missed the first time, but keep in mind that may be because I didn't overlap properly when I was swinging the coil.

The Ace 250 is a good beginning machine and will do pretty much what most mid level and higher machine will do. The only difference really, in my opinion, is that the other machines have more bells and whistles. But do you need them? The 1350 has profiling. It can tell you if the taget is big and not worth digging, a real plus if your digging for coins. But I can tell if the target is big with my Ace 250.

If your new to this then by all means get the Ace 250. If you find that MDing isn't for you, you have not lost much money. Chances are you will grow out of the Ace at some point and want to try something else. You can always sell the Ace in a snap or keep it as a back up.

Regards
Robert R

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
I agree with what the others have said. I just sold and older, high end machine after using both for a few months. I wrote a little "review" of the ACE, vs. another high end machine. http://ebizneil.blogspot.com/2007/08/old-vs-new-garrett-cxiii-vs-ace-250.html. Although I think the ACE has great depth, it does have limitations. The one that comes to mind first is it's lack of a volume control. I tried the ACE headphones with it, and nearly went deaf. Make sure you have headphones with a volume control.

One more note: Due to the fact that the ACE does not have a control for ground balance it will be good on fresh water beaches, but it may be difficult to operate on the the highly mineralized salt water beaches.

I sold my higher end machine to save up for a newer high end machine, but I plan on keeping the ACE in my jeep for quick "impulse" hunts, for hard to get to spots ( because of it's light weight), and as a spare unit.

I hope this helps!

Good luck,
Neil

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread