Very strange lines in the ground and what I found there...

Goldstar1

May 22, 2010
Detector(s) used
Goldbug Pro ,
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought this would be a fun story to share and I am still perplexed what they are, I am very skeptical but it is almost borderline paranormal. Sorry for the bad pictures but they are photos of the screen so you see the grainy screen textures.

So I was looking at some areas with google earth that I was doing some research for prospecting and I happened across this hilly area covered in these strange lines that cover about 1.5 miles . Now this area is kind of in the middle of know where and not a place where anyone really goes . I have spent quite a bit of time on google earth and have never come across anything like these.

Attachments

• P8180218.JPG
    P8180218.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 230
  • P8100207.JPG
    P8100207.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 205
OP
OP
Goldstar1

Goldstar1

May 22, 2010
Detector(s) used
Goldbug Pro ,
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PA280540.JPG P8180219.JPG
I decided to go back in the timeline on GE and see if the lines had changed or anything over the years , so I go back to 1999 , no lines, 2000 , no lines ect. until I get to 2005 and I see these two strange ? worm like things appear judging by the size of the trees and things in the area I would guess they are a couple hundred feet long, so now I am really baffled so I fast foreword they are still there until sept. 2009 and poof the worm like things are gone and these strange lines appear. Are the worm like things and the lines related , I dont know but until 2005 there is nothing , no lines no worm things then they show up sit for 4 years and they are gone and the lines appear.

Continued.....

OP
OP
Goldstar1

Goldstar1

May 22, 2010
Detector(s) used
Goldbug Pro ,
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
P8180217.JPG
Here is pre 2005 same spot no worm things no lines nothin
continued....

OP
OP
Goldstar1

Goldstar1

May 22, 2010
Detector(s) used
Goldbug Pro ,
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1657082 View attachment 1657088 View attachment 1657089

So I decided to take a trip out there and see what these things looked like on the ground, I had some other stuff I wanted to check out in the area . I asked my girlfriend that I had only been with a few months then if she wanted to go and she was super stoked on it , and I also wanted to share it with someone and know I am not just crazy. We get out there and could see them pretty good from a distance on the hill angle but as soon as we got on the ground where they are we really couldnt tell at all that they were there. You can see in the picture there isnt any disturbed ground , no signs of uprooted brush, no compacted or damaged vegetation or any sign that animals had eaten anything. But what we did find was that the whole area was just littered with all kinds of this jasper flint type stones. I dont usually go after any native american stone type stuff unless I blatantly see it but there was so much of this stuff we started picking up some samples . The weird thing is that this stuff was just laying everywhere but no indication of its source anywhere almost like it was just dropped from the sky... well probably not but thats what it looked like.

Anyway I hope you enjoyed the story and after seeing the place in person I am more perplexed than before what the heck is going on there and doubt I will ever know. If anyone has any similar pictures of places that have lines like this I would love to see them , or any ideas what formed them , I am sure there is a simple explanation but I have no clue what it would be.
:icon_scratch: :occasion14: PA020394.JPG PA020395.JPG

Attachments

• PA010391.JPG
    PA010391.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 139
Last edited:

controlfreq

Dec 2, 2007
Would like to know what you find out about this... seems kind of interesting.

Ever see the movie "Tremors"? :)

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting. Mutant groundhogs? Are we seeing vegetation from the aerial shots?

OP
OP
Goldstar1

Goldstar1

May 22, 2010
Detector(s) used
Goldbug Pro ,
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep The first picture is the aerial, the lines are in the brush. The last picture is what it looks like on the ground

Mine Shaft

Apr 11, 2017
Fontana, California
Detector(s) used
NA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have seen similar patterns in the eastern sierras i will look up the area tomorrow and get back to you.

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is an out there thought with no real knowledge of Geology. Is the area close to a fault? maybe they were caused by vibration(?)...Movement(?).....?

I vaguely remember seeing something similar on a youtube video,TV, or some where, where lines where made by the Earth doing something, minor shifting, wind, etc..They looked real similar to your pic, like the sand or dirt was vibrated..I can't remember the exact reason of what happened in what was shown.

:dontknow: Or......Maybe it was just a glitch when the pics were taken? Something in that process?

Last edited:

PetesPockets55

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2013
Indian River Co., Fl
Detector(s) used
AT MAX & Carrot, Nokta Pulse Dice (:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think they "disappeared" in the images.
I would imagine the light source each time the images were taken might affect what is actually visible. (Different time of day or different time of the year will possibly affect what is seen.
Similar to taking images of coins where the light has to be just right to see markers or doubling sometimes.

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
High mountain meadows were and are necessary to small cattle ranches. Dairies used to operate in the high country.

Could be there was once a grassy meadow, but it was overgrazed.
There could have been an attemp to restore it. Could also be a study area.

Might have been a failed timber plantation.

Give the local ranger station a call and see what you can find out.
Around here the Rocky Mountain Elk foundation has projects where they replant Quaking Aspen as habitat improvement.

I would bet it’s forestry related.

Fun to let the imagination run wild every once in awhile.

Last edited:

Mine Shaft

Apr 11, 2017
Fontana, California
Detector(s) used
NA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
These are what i seen not quite the same as what you saw, but i noticed strange patterns to the sage brush wile driving up the road. I have looked at google to see if any other areas had this and came up empty. Those photos are strange indeed.

Attachments

• 100_0296.JPG
    100_0296.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 93
  • 100_0295.JPG
    100_0295.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 90

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
I don't think they "disappeared" in the images.
I would imagine the light source each time the images were taken might affect what is actually visible.....

No ! No... there cannot be any logical rational explanation for this. It simply HAS to be spooks. Or knight's Templars treasure, or something like that. Tsk tsk

Last edited:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
These are what i seen not quite the same as what you saw, but i noticed strange patterns to the sage brush wile driving up the road. I have looked at google to see if any other areas had this and came up empty. Those photos are strange indeed.

Looks like the alluvial fan cow trails patterns that are quite common in my area. Oh ... wait... no.... : It's due to spooks. Durn them spooks after all . :dontknow:

OP
OP
Goldstar1

Goldstar1

May 22, 2010
Detector(s) used
Goldbug Pro ,
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for posting the pics, those look much different but still interesting they look more like grazeing animal stuff but who know let us know if you find out more about them.

OP
OP
Goldstar1

Goldstar1

May 22, 2010
Detector(s) used
Goldbug Pro ,
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is no fault activity that I know of in the area. This is something I have never heard of , who knows its as good of theory as I can come up with at this point.
This is an out there thought with no real knowledge of Geology. Is the area close to a fault? maybe they were caused by vibration(?)...Movement(?).....?

I vaguely remember seeing something similar on a youtube video,TV, or some where, where lines where made by the Earth doing something, minor shifting, wind, etc..They looked real similar to your pic, like the sand or dirt was vibrated..I can't remember the exact reason of what happened in what was shown.

:dontknow: Or......Maybe it was just a glitch when the pics were taken? Something in that process?

OP
OP
Goldstar1

Goldstar1

May 22, 2010
Detector(s) used
Goldbug Pro ,
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No ! No... there cannot be any logical rational explanation for this. It simply HAS to be spooks. Or knight's Templars treasure, or something like that. Tsk tsk
Any logical rational explanation you would like to share or just a trolling smart ass?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions