Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello folks.. I just thought I'd share most of the toy boxes I'm donating this Christmas to needy children and families. This will be my 3rd year doing it. And it brings the total to 75 now donated spanning the 3 years. This year the Franklin TN. Police Department wanted to do 10 toy boxes. The Franklin TN. Rotary Club wants to do 5. And my community of Centerville wanted 12. In my community the "Sam Davis Lodge - Knights of Pythias" is the organizer of this toy drive. This year the Franklin PD is doing a toy drive and a food drive together as is the area Rotary. I donated 1 to an area Church and 1 to a private business also.

As I've done the last 2 years each toy box dears a name plate in memory of my late daughter Kristi and her son Carter (my grandson) upon them for what they did. I truly am blessed that all these folks stepped up to organize toy drives big enough to overfill each toy box. Each civic group picks families in need with at least one child + and fills according to ages and sexes. It's really something to see that many toy boxes overflowing. Each area PD takes the filled toy boxes to its assigned address. While I've been invited to go on some deliveries I never have. I guess just knowing some child or children are getting a new toy box and a Christmas is enough for me.

I have done about a half dozen TV spots and some newspaper stories and it seems like the folks who actually organize these drives never get enough credit or attention. I don't know how to fix that. So folks if anyone is sponsoring a toy drive in your area please give a little something to it... please. Thanks... Brad

Attachments

• DSCN0950.jpg
    DSCN0950.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 83
  • DSCN0951.JPG
    DSCN0951.JPG
    214.8 KB · Views: 85
  • DSCN0952.JPG
    DSCN0952.JPG
    243.5 KB · Views: 83

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
How can a heart be both heavy and light at the same time?

Bless you Brad.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to see you're still at that. Just great.

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Who says Santa's not real? 🎅 🙌

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Beautiful work...May God Bless you Brad! :notworthy:

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
That is fantastic! You are a good man, Brad! Thank you for doing that!

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brad, you're a hero and an inspiration to us all!

OP
OP
Limitool

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How can a heart be both heavy and light at the same time?

Bless you Brad.

Believe me my friend I've thought a lot about this since you posted the comment above: While I struggle at times (little girl syndrome) to produce the donated toy boxes which will/did bear their names with a heavy heart... it does help me knowing what others are doing with the toy boxes for those in need. If this is what you mean I'll probably have to produce a few hundred more toy boxes to donate before the scales are closer to even if that's possible. And if you meant me thanking all those somehow who organize and fill my toy boxes I'll probably never figure that out... properly..???

I'm going to the Franklin Rotary tomorrow morning for an invited breakfast and too see all 5 of "their" toy boxes filled and ready to go out. Then I'm stopping by the Franklin PD. to see the 10 toy boxes there. I received some pics today from the Chief of PD Deb Faulkner of all of them overfilled and ready to go out also. If I get some pics I'll post some tomorrow possibly... Brad

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't know how I missed seeing this Thread before and for that I am sorry! Thanks Brad for all you do for the needy children and thanks Bonnie (Brad's wife) for allowing or at least tolerating Brad disappearing out to the workshop every single day to build the Toy Boxes!

Some of you have met Brad and possibly Bonnie and know what I mean and for those that have not, you could never ever meet any nicer more gracious hosts and giving folks than Brad and Bonnie. I have spent a lot of time at their' home, sometimes helping Brad build Toy Boxes, sometimes metal detecting (mostly for horseshoes, LOL!!), sometimes shooting .22 Caliber Rifles, eating great food that they cook but most often, just hanging around visiting the greatest folks and best friends that I have ever had or known in my' 65 years (almost 66) on this Earth and not once, would they ever let me repay them for my stay or food. It is my belief that Our Lord and Savior has reserved a special place for them, their' family and especially Kristi and Carter at his side!

Frank

Last edited:

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Brad, I really appreciate having met you and Dean in Michigan some years ago now. I stand with you, and YOU are a better man than I.

OP
OP
Limitool

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Frank and Roger above....

Thank you for the kind words both.

Roger.... I too am proud to have met you and Dean upon our meeting in MI. But, I am no better of a man than you sir. If we all knew of the kind things you've done throughout life I'm sure we'd all be amazed. I just happened to share some of mine here. Many don't... and so be it. But it lessens your accomplishments not nor makes me a better man than you sir. Thank you Roger.

Frank... Damn guy, ya made me cry. You have been a great friend. Your welcome here anytime and I KNOW you know this... enough said. Thanks you Frank... Brad

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Frank and Roger above....

Thank you for the kind words both.

Roger.... I too am proud to have met you and Dean upon our meeting in MI. But, I am no better of a man than you sir. If we all knew of the kind things you've done throughout life I'm sure we'd all be amazed. I just happened to share some of mine here. Many don't... and so be it. But it lessens your accomplishments not nor makes me a better man than you sir. Thank you Roger.

Frank... Damn guy, ya made me cry. You have been a great friend. Your welcome here anytime and I KNOW you know this... enough said. Thanks you Frank... Brad

Brad. your post made me cry too.

We had no reasons to try other than loss of loved ones. Several years on, it's still right here with each of us. I met you before that happened I think. I still remember it, one of the saddest days I've experienced on TNet.

Father please bless our friend named here as Limitool, he is brother to each of us. An example of the real deal among us.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't want to re-live this for Brad. But we each here have to give him our serious feelings of concern. For those of you who don't know, Brad lost his family on an icey road about 5 years ago. I don't know that I could deal with that. Brad, we love you man!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread