Is ANYONE else getting TIREd of - Page 3
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree299Likes

Thread: Is ANYONE else getting TIREd of

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2009
    South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
    Tesoro Conquistador freq shift Fisher F75 Garrett AT-Pro Garet carrot Neodymium magnets 5' Probe
    8680 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Could this piece of wood be part a possible passage to the money vault? Is this piece of led linked to the knights Templar? They have made so much money on speculation they can now drill the whole island to pieces.
    What pirate makes a treasure vault that they can even get back in to? I hate that show.Lol
    Last edited by Tnmountains; Dec 20, 2018 at 06:44 PM.
    Please read our rules and enjoy the site. TreasureNet.com Rules

All finds posted by me are from private property with landowner permission.

us
    Executive Director of Nothing

May 2014
    Not in the can
    Garrett AT GOLD, Garrett ATX
    771 times
    I've never watched it. I don't watch any of them because I don't have cable tv. We used to have cable tv but they pissed me off. They give you the monthly price for cable, but every month, there is a new fee for something else. It's only three dollars but in 4 or 5 months, it was becoming rediculous. We started out at $29.00. each month it went up $3.00. 3, 6, 9, 12, 15, 18, 21, 24, 27, 30, 33, 36$ $36.00 + $29.00 =$65.00. If we had kept it up, I would now be paying $136 thousand dollars a month for cable. Why? So I can watch Oak Island, a show I know is all crap anyway? After I cancelled my subscription they came around a few times trying to get me to sign up again. I explained it to them but all I got was a blank stare. I stepped out on the porch and just pointed towards the street. Another blank stare. I then told him in a medium to loud voice, "GO!!!!" No blank stare. Now we have ROKU and life is good. I can watch The Andy Griffith Show all day if I want. Aunt be is the hottest, sexiest woman ever to grace the airwaves. I am content.
    Hawks88 likes this.
    The following is the opinion of the writer and if you don't like it you can stick it.

us
    May 2018
    A state of Resistance
    White's MXT Tesoro Cibola Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
    3250 times
    I watch the show only because I read the stories long ago and stopped at the Oak Island Museum on my honeymoon in 1981. That experience was unconvincing and the show is even more unconvincing. But I still watch it for entertainment and to observe how people can be manipulated by reality TV. As a scientist, I require more credible evidence to reach the discussion stage and to test a theory, let alone to reach conclusions. Its almost scary to read the posts of those people in some of the OI threads who have become convinced by a scripted TV reality entertainment show. I wonder how many of them don't believe in evolution or climate change, for example, despite all the evidence by conservative scientists - professional skeptics, who require strong evidence to reach conclusions.

Sep 2014
    Midwest, North of 3660'
    6379 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    I watch the show only because I read the stories long ago and stopped at the Oak Island Museum on my honeymoon in 1981. That experience was unconvincing and the show is even more unconvincing. But I still watch it for entertainment and to observe how people can be manipulated by reality TV. As a scientist, I require more credible evidence to reach the discussion stage and to test a theory, let alone to reach conclusions. Its almost scary to read the posts of those people in some of the OI threads who have become convinced by a scripted TV reality entertainment show. I wonder how many of them don't believe in evolution or climate change, for example, despite all the evidence by conservative scientists - professional skeptics, who require strong evidence to reach conclusions.

Yeah, strong evidence.

Either that or grants from patrons who require certain results. Either one will do nicely.

ETA, evolution of species from one species to another isnt proven science. Its not even a philosophy, it's a religion. The forum owner probably won't allow discussion of religion.
    Last edited by Duckshot; Dec 19, 2018 at 07:35 AM.
    Gare likes this.
    Liberty is the Freedom to do the next Right thing.

In God We Trust

A democracy will always eat it's self. Long live the Republic!

us
    Jan 2013
    SouthwestVirginia
    971 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (2)
    They always claim "Box drains", but I've thought that was silly from day one. Simply because it's not a huge island and when you drill or dig deep enough you will hit the water table anywhere, which is all natural. I personally don't think they fake any actual finds like a lot of the other lame "treasure shows" that have been on television (simply because they have not found anything too impressive.) I think if there is anything on the island, it would most likely be a treasure cache that is probably in the 5-10 foot range or something like that (pirate or buried from a previous resident? Who knows) and if I owned the place, I would be more interested in metal detecting every square inch, rather than going deep.
    Hawks88 likes this.

Aug 2016
    MI
    E-TRAC
    4780 times
    I've wondered why they haven't hired scuba divers to detect the water surrounding the island? Since there has been so much supposed activity on the island for hundreds of years, something of value should have been lost in the water. Instead they spend millions to create another cofferdam in Smith's Cove. How the heck did the government allow them to do that?
    Hawks88 and Davers like this.

us
    "Is that a Geiger Counter?"

Feb 2006
    South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the headlands
    Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
    12567 times
    Metal Detecting
    I wonder how many of them don't believe in evolution or climate change, for example, despite all the evidence by conservative scientists - professional skeptics, who require strong evidence to reach conclusions.
    LOL. I knew you'd get a fast bite here on that one.

Evidence of evolution happens every year when a "new" flu shot has to be developed for a newly evolved virus. Mutation that breeds true is evolution and is proven science. A "scientific theory" means it has been shown to be true based on evidence and review and holds up to scrutiny. Not to be confused with an "Oak Island Theory" that is just wild supposition and hypothesis.

GREAT book, if you haven't read it, is "Your Inner Fish" by Neil Shubin.
    Last edited by Charlie P. (NY); Dec 19, 2018 at 09:39 AM.
    America was founded by tough hell-raisers. Rugged citizens who evaded taxes, spoke strongly against tyranny, grew tobacco, brewed beer, distilled spirits, and smuggled weapons. And it will be saved by those same types of citizens.

gb
    I'm the best eva, the most vicious brutal champion eva.

Oct 2014
    S.Wales UK
    Equinox 800. Deteknix Pi Pinpointer
    441 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    I've never watched it, but the fact that bullshi**er, Gary Drayton is in it would put me right off my dinner.

Mind you, he has found literally millions of pounds of Spanish gold along the Treasure Coast of Florida, as he claims on his site.

Cough!

Cough!

Matt

Charter Member
    us
    Watch For Motorcycles

Dec 2009
    St. Charles County, Missouri
    Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Garrett Carrot
    2288 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Actionman View Post
    Thread titles that give you no indication of what the thread is about?
    Apparently it served it's purpose. You clicked it.
    sandchip, bcinbucks and Davers like this.
    Watch for Motorcycles

us
    May 2018
    A state of Resistance
    3250 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckshot View Post
    Yeah, strong evidence.

Either that or grants from patrons who require certain results. Either one will do nicely.

ETA, evolution of species from one species to another isnt proven science. Its not even a philosophy, it's a religion. The forum owner probably won't allow discussion of religion.
    Thought I might lure a science-denier out.

I guess the scientific papers I wrote since grad school and published in peer reviewed journals and the evolution textbooks that discussed my research in which I proved that evolution can occur sporadically and quickly, are all part of some "librul" conspiracy. BTW, My small research grants didn't pay me anything for living expenses. That's not how it works. Patrons? LOL. You mean the people who let me paint their houses so I could buy a little food?

Now be careful out there that you don't drive off the edge of the earth today.
    Last edited by Megalodon; Dec 19, 2018 at 09:59 AM.
    RustyGold likes this.

Sep 2014
    Midwest, North of 3660'
    6379 times
    Are you a Creator-Denier Megalodon?

Your religion requires tremendous leaps of Faith. Creator-Deniers beleive that Man evolved over billions of years from lifeless scum found in the bottom of a pond. Thats a lot more faith than I got.

In God We Trust

us
    May 2018
    A state of Resistance
    3250 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie P. (NY) View Post
    LOL. I knew you'd get a fast bite here on that one.

Evidence of evolution happens every year when a "new" flu shot has to be developed for a newly evolved virus. Mutation that breeds true is evolution and is proven science. A "scientific theory" means it has been shown to be true based on evidence and review and holds up to scrutiny. Not to be confused with an "Oak Island Theory" that is just wild supposition and hypothesis.

GREAT book, if you haven't read it, is "Your Inner Fish" by Neil Shubin.
    Many critters that reproduce very quickly evolve beyond our ability to exterminate them - hence antibiotic resistant bacteria. Mosquitoes also frequently have some genotypes in their populations that are resistant to whatever poisons the manufacturers have produced. With rapid generation times, those resistant bugs quickly replace the ones that were killed off. I try to tell people to just clean their gutters and empty the buckets, toys and puddles around their homes, but they demand that gov't come in and spray poison.

Thanks for the book suggestion. I'll check it out. It is an interesting flattery to be cited by authors hundreds of times and to have grad students approach you at scientific meetings to thank you for inspiring them. I recently met a young lady who told me that a landmark (meaning cited over 500 times) paper I wrote 40 years ago was the first paper she cited in the introduction of her thesis. Its nice to hear and I'm happy to have made a contribution to the science of evolution.
    Last edited by Megalodon; Dec 19, 2018 at 10:21 AM.
    RustyGold likes this.

us
    May 2018
    A state of Resistance
    3250 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckshot View Post
    Are you a Creator-Denier Megalodon?

Your religion requires tremendous leaps of Faith. Creator-Deniers beleive that Man evolved over billions of years from lifeless scum found in the bottom of a pond. Thats a lot more faith than I got.
    A red herring and not worthy of a response.

us
    Dec 2018
    Atwater, CA
    Fisher Gold Bug, White's Prizm 4
    1 times
    I agree with every negative comment on this program. I think Rick is at home studying logic and modern language phrases before each filming. "if you will". Marty is the only true seeker with all the money. The others seem to be along for the ride, Not to brag , but most of us have found more historic items in our own towns than these geniuses have in 6 seasons at Oak Island. Dan told it like it is, " what you have found is all on the surface". one more thing, several years back a couple of Roman helmets were found along the coast of South America. I guess this bunch didn't hear about it. My guess is that the Black man who was a freed slave knows the secret. Best story of the entire story. Proverbs 16:33
    coinman123 likes this.

Sep 2014
    Midwest, North of 3660'
    6379 times
    A red herring and not worthy of a response.
    Bullkrap.

Your Faith's story is just like a treasure hunt reality tv show. It has an ending, that of finding treasure in there being no God; it has a story line, that life spontaneously appeared from inanimate material under its own power and can mutate into higher forms of specifically different kinds of life like Peter Parker turning into Spider-Man; but it does not have any
    beginning that can be determined.

I don't buy it.

In God We Trust

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links