Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL. I knew you'd get a fast bite here on that one.

Evidence of evolution happens every year when a "new" flu shot has to be developed for a newly evolved virus. Mutation that breeds true is evolution and is proven science. A "scientific theory" means it has been shown to be true based on evidence and review and holds up to scrutiny. Not to be confused with an "Oak Island Theory" that is just wild supposition and hypothesis.

GREAT book, if you haven't read it, is "Your Inner Fish" by Neil Shubin.

Many critters that reproduce very quickly evolve beyond our ability to exterminate them - hence antibiotic resistant bacteria. Mosquitoes also frequently have some genotypes in their populations that are resistant to whatever poisons the manufacturers have produced. With rapid generation times, those resistant bugs quickly replace the ones that were killed off. I try to tell people to just clean their gutters and empty the buckets, toys and puddles around their homes, but they demand that gov't come in and spray poison.

Thanks for the book suggestion. I'll check it out. It is an interesting flattery to be cited by authors hundreds of times and to have grad students approach you at scientific meetings to thank you for inspiring them. I recently met a young lady who told me that a landmark (meaning cited over 500 times) paper I wrote 40 years ago was the first paper she cited in the introduction of her thesis. Its nice to hear and I'm happy to have made a contribution to the science of evolution.

Last edited:

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you a Creator-Denier Megalodon?

Your religion requires tremendous leaps of Faith. Creator-Deniers beleive that Man evolved over billions of years from lifeless scum found in the bottom of a pond. Thats a lot more faith than I got.

A red herring and not worthy of a response.

Jonsson

Dec 18, 2018
Atwater, CA
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug, White's Prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with every negative comment on this program. I think Rick is at home studying logic and modern language phrases before each filming. "if you will". Marty is the only true seeker with all the money. The others seem to be along for the ride, Not to brag , but most of us have found more historic items in our own towns than these geniuses have in 6 seasons at Oak Island. Dan told it like it is, " what you have found is all on the surface". one more thing, several years back a couple of Roman helmets were found along the coast of South America. I guess this bunch didn't hear about it. My guess is that the Black man who was a freed slave knows the secret. Best story of the entire story. Proverbs 16:33

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A red herring and not worthy of a response.

Bullkrap.

Your Faith's story is just like a treasure hunt reality tv show. It has an ending, that of finding treasure in there being no God; it has a story line, that life spontaneously appeared from inanimate material under its own power and can mutate into higher forms of specifically different kinds of life like Peter Parker turning into Spider-Man; but it does not have any
beginning that can be determined.

I don't buy it.

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL. I knew you'd get a fast bite here on that one.

I have no patience for the science-deniers. Luring them out into the open is a way to identify them and on a forum like this, they can be put on "ignore". I am a tough judge of character and have found that the science-deniers have nothing worthwhile to say. Their misrepresentations reduce their credibility to me on other topics after they display such an incapacity for Reason.

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Creator-Deniers like to stick their fingers in their ears. Kind of a safe space when questions make them uneasy.

It's ok Megalodon. You are as entitled to your belief as I am to mine.

But, it's curious that homosapiens have not sprouted wings or something, not even one laboratory example of an anemia spontaneously sprouting cilia and growing into a paramecium. No lizards growing feathers and taking to the air, no prey evolving into predators, no plants evolving into animals. Evolution stopped, for some unknown reason that cannot be explained.

Curious dogma, your religion.

Last edited:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
....one coin/relic at a time.....

What ? Only individual fumble fingers coins ? NO no no, say it isn't so. There's a massive cache. The size of your living room. If you doubt that, all you have to do is return to the legend story. And ... unless you can debunk it, it's iron clad true ! (just a little deeper, a little more to the left, and little more to the right, etc....) .

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on
no. but i a'm sure tired of taking pills. if i was'nt wacked before i sure am now. sorry i could'nt help myself.

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 nokta impact Equinox 800
There are some that believe and those who don't. I don't want to believe, but I haven't seen any hard data to convince me. Where are the contesting physical samples? The contradictory testimony from local witnesses? Any hard proof to dispute the claim? How many skeptics went there and conducted their verifiable scientific analysis proving their skeptic point of view? Believe me, if the skeptics have this information, I would gladly read it and if true, i will be right along side them, waving my pitch fork as well.

Worm-Slicer

Jan 6, 2013
SouthwestVirginia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Since this thread seems to have sidetracked onto evolution, I have to chime in because I have the answer. It all comes from ancient aliens, so now we can all rest easy that we know the truth.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I Finally Figured Oak Island Out.

First you need to Dig 100,000 Feet straight Down.
Then you will find the Tunnel the Knights Templars Built.

once they hit the Tunnel, they can walk it and at the other end, Start digging back up to a Farmers Field in England.

Once they arrive in that Farmers Field Drayton can get out his Magical Detector
that only Finds Templar Relics, and
Dig up a Cache Buried by Blackbeard the Day he Joined the Knights Templars

000aaa.jpg

Last edited:

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I like it. Better then 90% of the other crap on tv. I’m a small fortune hunter they’re big fortune hunters so at least there’s something in common. I can related to most of the stuff on tv these days, so I’ll continue watching it even if it pulls my leg at times.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Since this thread seems to have sidetracked onto evolution, I have to chime in because I have the answer. It all comes from ancient aliens, so now we can all rest easy that we know the truth.

But did the Aliens evolve to get here, or do they have their own creation myth(s)? ;-)

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There are some that believe and those who don't. I don't want to believe, but I haven't seen any hard data to convince me. Where are the contesting physical samples? The contradictory testimony from local witnesses? Any hard proof to dispute the claim? How many skeptics went there and conducted their verifiable scientific analysis proving their skeptic point of view? Believe me, if the skeptics have this information, I would gladly read it and if true, i will be right along side them, waving my pitch fork as well.

You're saying it must all be true because no one has found the conclusinve nothing that would prove it never existed to begin with?

I say dozens of groups, hundreds of searchers, have found just exactly that nothing over and over again to pretty well demonstrate the nothing continues to non-exist on that island.

I'm glad you're not my doctor. "I'm prescribing these 500 different pills because we haven't found you not to have all the diseases they treat so you must therefore be very ill."

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what it's all about

000aaaaaaa.jpg

000aaaa.jpg

Though they did find allot of Knights Templar Woodchips, Rocks & Maybe Petrified Templar Poop with a Cross carved in it

0000bbbbb.jpg

Last edited:

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I like it. Better then 90% of the other crap on tv. I’m a small fortune hunter they’re big fortune hunters so at least there’s something in common. I can related to most of the stuff on tv these days, so I’ll continue watching it even if it pulls my leg at times.

I agree, that this show, tugs at my treasure hunter's heart...!
I want them to find this huge treasure, but the Templar's ties to it,
is hard to believe some of the stuff they find on this show!
The cost of a Minelab is minuscule, compared to the other digging and recovery
methods they been using. Gary the detectorist, seems to find all the relics and coins...!
And, they are using all these hi-tech tools, which I enjoy seeing being used.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
.... What pirate makes a treasure vault that they can even get back in to? ....

But don't you get it Tn-mountains ? The more impossible it is to "get back into it", then the more proof-positive that the TREASURE EXISTS. You see ? That simply becomes the intricacy difficulty that those pirates had gone to, to keep future people AWAY from it.

So rather than seen the astronomical odds of difficulty as being a proof AGAINST a treasure, you can think of it as a proof FOR the treasure.

Any dissenting views and proof to show that there ISN'T a treasure, will simply play into the narrative of conspiracy, purposed foiling of future would-be diggers, etc.... It's never a proof AGAINST a treasure.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
.... Any hard proof to dispute the claim?....

Me thinks you've got this bass-ackwards . It's not up to the skeptics to disprove and dispute the claims. It's up to the believers to PROVE the claims. Me thinks you've got the burden of proof reversed wrong.

The trouble with trying to have a skeptic shoot down all the various supposed proofs, is that this merely becomes a game of wackamo. I saw one skeptic go into trying to shoot down one of the "salacious details", which had to do with fiber found at such & such depth. The debate devolved into how the fiber got there , whether or not it was indigenous to Europe or Africa. How far it could drift on ocean currents. How bouyant it was, so as to debate whether or not it could float long distance. Blah blah. Pages and pages of debate on coconut fiber !

So too would it be for ANY detail a skeptic tried to dismiss : The faithful will find ANY SHRED of remote possibility, for how something seemingly insane *might* be possible. And the moment they do that , PRESTO: The entire story is unassailable, right ?

travis.gore.79

Sep 6, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've wondered why they haven't hired scuba divers to detect the water surrounding the island? ?

They did in season 3 or 4. They did side scan sonar as well. They did find 2 triangle rocks. They also claimed to have found a shipwreck,although nothing else has been said about that.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread